“Reliable Hampton Inn quality”

Hampton Inn Somerset
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Charlotte, N.C.
“Reliable Hampton Inn quality”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

In the area for first time. Stayed 2 nights in room with king bed and sofa. We usually stay in Hampton Inns for the very things we found here: good value, very clean, pleasant staff, and a consistently good breakfast. This appeared to be a fairly new Hampton, and the intersections were being changed to allow easier access. Right now, it can be a bit confusing to find your way in, but it looks like road signs are being improved. Don't know that we're fans of using a wardrobe rather than a closet for clothes, but that's not a problem. It was quiet both nights. We would certainly stay there if we're back in that area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,307 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

Awaiting an early tour of Falling Water, my wife and I stayed overnight at the Hampton Inn in Somerset. We took advantage of this location to visit the Flight 93 Memorial which is less than a half an hour drive away. The hotel is clean and well run. There was a nighttime snack and endless coffee in the lobby. There are also cookies and popcorn available as well. The breakfast is welcome. All in all this is a solid choice near to Frank Lloyd Wright's masterpiece.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JamesII
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2013

I was impressed that our room had a different look than most other hotel rooms. The wood paneling with built in desk and closet along the wall on the window side gave it the room an executive appearance. The room and the bathroom were both HUGE. My only complaints with having 2 kids, ages and 6 and 8, were that the bathroom sink was too high for younger kids to reach and it lacked a "full bath". It was a shower stall only. This may appeal to business travelers, but not for people traveling with younger children.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

We arrived at 3:30 AM after a long night of driving and went straight to the room. In the morning the kids were up at around 7:30 and my wife tried to buy me some sleep time by turning on the TV. Unfortunately the TV wasn't working. So we all headed down to the breakfast area around 8:30 AM. After breakfast we headed to the front desk to see if we could get the TV to work. The guy at the front desk tried everything to no avail. We were starting the second leg of a long road trip that morning so we weren't going to stick around for too much longer anyway. When we checked out my wife mentioned that the TV wasn't working - not as a complaint, just as an FYI so it could be fixed for the next people. The woman at the front desk comped out stay which shocked us. We stay at Hampton Inns when we travel because they are always nice, clean and staffed with friendly people but this really unexpected and extremely nice. If I'm ever in Somerset again I'll be sure to book my stay at this particular Hampton Inn and they have certainly reinforced my opinion of the brand as a whole.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here one night while passing through with my wife and 3 young children. Didnt use the pool or fitness center but they looked nice. Rooms were nice, bed was comfortable, breakfast was decent. Would recommend if you need a hotel in the area. Typical Hampton Inn which has been our go to chain of late for family stays.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Sunofthebeach
Herndon, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

Recently stayed for 2 nights and was sent a quote and confirmation ahead of the stay. When we received our bill, we were charged a higher rate. Luckily, we noticed before we left the hotel and were able to get that fixed. We just received our credit card statement and we were double charged for the room. When I called to get that removed, the staff was less than helpful. The manager got on the phone (3rd person I spoke to) and all he said was "he would take care of it" and then hung up. I have never been treated so rude! All I can say is if you stay here- check your invoices and credit card statements! Oh, and make sure they actually clean your room! We got a 1/2 clean room after being gone all day skiing...will never stay in this location again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Bill W, Manager at Hampton Inn Somerset, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with a better quality of service. This is not typical of our usual Hamptonality and welcoming staff, and we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience. We sincerely apologize for the poor level of service you received from our hotel and we want you to know that we cherish our guests and we will do whatever is necessary to make this right with you. I apologize that you feel I hung up on you. The phone went silent and I didn't hear any conversation on the other end and presumed we had lost conncetion or you had ended the conversation. If you would please contact me directly, I will be more than happy to ensure that all issues are fully resolved. Thank you for your feedback and I hope to hear from you soon.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

We used this hotel as an alternative to the more costly, fairly old lodging at the 7 springs ski resort. It's a great hotel with clean, renovated rooms.

The front desk staff are very helpful. I forgot to bring contact lens solution, so I went to the front desk to ask where the nearest convenient store was. The front desk attendant immediately began to look through a toiletry drawer to see if the hotel had any so that I didn't have to make the trip out to the Turkey Hill. It turned out that I needed to go anyway, but it was a nice effort. After breakfast the next morning (don't miss this great hot breakfast from 6-10am when you get there), we asked the front desk attendant if he/she had any ibuprofen that we could purchase. She gladly gave us some packets for no charge. So, if you forget anything at home, check the front desk before venturing out!

My only small complain about this hotel is that there was trash on the tables in the elevator lobbies of our room floor and the main lobby floor. This was more of a product of the teenage guests that were staying in the hotel, though.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
#4 of 12 in Somerset
Foggy Mountain Lodge
Foggy Mountain Lodge
#1 of 1 in Stahlstown

Been to Hampton Inn Somerset? Share your experiences!