“Great stay”

Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
margate
“Great stay”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night before skiing the next day with the kids. The hotel is right off the PA Turnpike, easy access to some restaurants (try Rey Azteca). Clean, decent beds and a great breakfast. I would come back again

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank azisling

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Plantation Florida
Reviewed February 7, 2013

We flew into Pittsburgh and drove here. Free cookies and pop corn as a snack for the entire family. Room was clean, nice beds. Great continental breakfast. We stayed here the first night to save money on the 7 Springs visit (2 night package), but in the future, this would be a great place to stay the entire trip and drive to 7 Springs each day. Drive was about 30 minutes on snow covered roads, only 11 miles. Be sure to have a GPS, especially if you drive the roads at night. If you wanted to save money, this would be the place to stay the entire trip, then you would pay for the activities at 7 Springs Al La Carte instead of the package deal, especially if you want to ski in the morning. When using the package deal, the lift tickets don't start until 4pm the day you check in. So if we come back, I'd probably stay here a couple nights, then 7 Springs a couple nights buying everything Al La Carte.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank robvia
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My family belongs to HIlton Honors and often stays at Hampton Inns. It's always nice to have cookies or popcorn in the lobby at check-in but this hotel had both of those plus mints, snack mix and candy- wow, were we impresssed! The price is great and the propoerty was recently renovated. We stayed on the ground floor and had no problem with noise. The only thing that's tricky is getting to the property. You can see it from the turnpike but you have to wind around behind other hotels to get to it. There are a number of restaurants nearby and they were helpful with directions to the resorts. I highly recommend this location.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LancPAmom
Bethesda, Maryland
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Stayed with my 3 boys as the advisor for a mid atlantic college ski team in town for a race at seven springs. The price was much better than one you'd find on the mountain, and its a relatively easy 20 minute drive to the mountain. The lobby area and breakfast were very well done and provided snacks and a good start to the morning each day. Room was clean, comfortable, and provided all the required amenities. On saturday evening, headed out to dinner, my car battery died and the desk staff was super helpful in finding an auto parts store and helping me get a jump to start the car.

Room Tip: It is close to the turnpike, so rooms on the front of the hotel should be quieter, but overall it wa...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Paul N
Reviewed January 3, 2013 via mobile

I am not sure what brings people to Somerset (it seems like a lovely town, I only say that because our stay was a stopover on a road trip), but if your travels take you there, the Hampton Inn is a great choice. Very clean, with comfortable beds and lots of tv stations, as is typical for a Hampton Inn. The staff were super friendly when we got there very late, and the breakfast was fine. Our room only had a shower, which was not a problem, but surprised me. I get the impression that Somerset is having a building boom and there is construction at the interstate exit, but the streets were still very easy to navigate.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Pegggus
hebguy03
Reviewed January 2, 2013

It was a cold winters night and the roads were in no condition to travel after I exited the turnpike so I needed to overnight in Somerset. Given previous positive experiences with Hamption Inns, I selected that property. Since this was a last minute decision, I didn't have a chance to shop around but there were signs at competing hotels in the $50-$60/night range so I assumed the Hamption would be slightly more. I really wasn't expecting over $100/night (sticker shock) but it was late, the roads were bad, so I didn't go to another property.

The room was clean, the bed/pillows were comfortable. The room size is on the larger side. My room was not facing the turnpike so I did not experience any noise from the turnpike as others have indicated.

However, I did experience noise in the room. This property does not have centralized heating/air conditioning in the rooms. There is a heater/AC unit in each room. If you're a light sleeper like I am, the standard noise of the heater coming on numerous times during a cold winter night will bother you. There wasn't a problem with the heater, it was just the standard, louder noise that type of unit makes.

I found the breakfast buffet very good. A wide variety of food and beverages to choose from. The staff kept the buffet fully stocked and clean at all times.

If the price was slightly lower and it had centralized heating/AC, I would have rated this property very good. It's a good property, but I didn't feel it was worth over $100/night.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing the turnpike are quieter.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank hebguy03
Bill W, Manager at Hampton Inn Somerset, responded to this review, January 11, 2013
I’m so sorry you experienced some noise with your heating unit during your stay. Our maintenance staff works diligently to keep them in excellent condition and we are sorry to hear you didn't experience that. Please consider staying with us again the next time you are in the area. We’d love to make your stay with us the best hotel experience you’ve ever had. Thank you again for your review.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We had planned to take a bunch of teenagers to Seven Springs to go skiing over Christmas break. At the last minute we decided to leave the night before our planned trip to avoid bad weather that was supposed to hit in the morning. We decided on Hampton Inn Somerset based on the good reviews. We didn't arrive at the hotel until 11:30pm. When we got there, we were treated with friendly service. The rooms were very clean, beds and pillows were comfortable and bathrooms were nice. The reasonable room rate included breakfast the next morning which was delicious. It was a short drive from the hotel to the ski resort. I highly recommend the Hampton Inn Somerset

Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank bobio5
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
#5 of 12 in Somerset
Days Inn Somerset
Days Inn Somerset
#6 of 12 in Somerset

Been to Hampton Inn Somerset? Share your experiences!