Hampton Inn Somerset
Econo Lodge Somerset(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$58
$49
Budget Inn(Somerset)
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewscookiespa turnpiketruck stopvery nice hotelfitness centercomplimentary breakfastroom was cleanfront desk staffother hotelsroad tripplace to staylobby areanice breakfastup to dateupon checkflight memorialstaff was friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 28, 2012

Stayed for one night. We were given a room right next to the elevator which gave 2 loud clangs every time it stopped on the floor. We immediately asked to be moved but they said they were full. We heard noise from the turnpike too. Luckily I always travel with earplugs.

We had one of the rooms with a walk in shower rather than a tub and the track of the shower door had lots of mold on and around it. Not acceptable.

Breakfast was typical Hampton. Breakfast area could have been cleaner.

We stay at Hamptons a lot and this one was disappointing.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank msu_mom
Bill W, General Manager at Hampton Inn Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

I’m sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your recent stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we appreciate your feedback about the noise from the elevator and nearby turnpike. We know how important a good night’s rest is while traveling and we regret this was not your experience. We have shared your comments on room cleanliness with our housekeeping team and they will be conducting a deep clean on our room in the coming days. Please forgive our missteps during your stay and know that your comments will help us to improve our guest experience moving forward. We hope you will consider staying with us should you travel to the area again.

Reviewed October 23, 2012

On a recent trip through Pennsylvania to visit Fallingwater and Kentuck Knob (both not to be missed!!) we stayed one (Saturday) night at this hotel. It is typical for the brand in terms of type of room, free breakfast, etc. but everything was done very well. Staff were super friendly, the room was a good size and very clean, and the breakfast was good. Other reviews have commented on noise but I didn't hear a thing. The seating area for breakfast seemed larger than other Hampton Inns. I recommend this hotel for a pleasant and affordable place to stay while on the road.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2012

I recently stayed at the Somerset, PA Hampton Inn on two different nights. One night I stayed on the 3rd floor and the other night I stayed on the 5th floor.

It should be noted that the hotel is under renovation. As a result, some areas of the hotel are clearly not finished. On the 4th floor, for example, just off the elevator the floor was stripped to the concrete. My rooms were both renovated. I did note however, that only my 3rd floor room had extra outlets for charging electronic devices. A very nice touch.

The rooms were just fine. They were clean and nicely appointed. No stains or dirt that I could find. The new interiors were very nice.

On my first night, there was a party with lots of well dressed people mulling around in the lobby. I went to bed early and could clearly hear a party in the room down the hall. I put in ear plugs to block out the sound. I was getting ready to complain about the level of noise, but the noise suddenly stopped.

At check inn both times the staff was friendly. At the breakfast, I found oatmeal and toppings to be just fine. One evening, the hotel offered two or three hot items during the dinner hour. I did not partake, but the food smelled good. There were snacks like popcorn, bananas, and freshly baked cookies available in the lobby during the afternoon.

The gym is o.k. There is a one machine for some type of weight lifting. There were two treadmills, but one was not working. Also, a bike and stair step machine.

Another reviewer correctly noted that the area outside the hotel is under construction. The signage for the hotels is on wood and not visible at night. That could make it a bit difficult for first time arrivals.

Finally, there were several restaurants very near the hotel.

I don't usually stay at Hampton Inns, but the reviews were so good, I gave this one a try. I was impressed and will be checking into to more Hampton Inns in the future.

Room Tip: I had a 3rd floor room with extra outlets for charging electronic devices.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

For a recently renovated Hampton, the walls and carpets looked a bit worn. Service was friendly, and the free breakfast was a nice perk. The location is currently in a construction zone which makes walking at night a little tough (something that will clearly be different in a few months time).

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jd294
Bill W, Manager at Hampton Inn Somerset, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2012

Thank you for sharing a review about your recent stay with us on Trip Advisor. I understand that the look and feel of the hallways was of concern, and we are currently working renovating the hallways and elevator landings, with new carpet and wallpaper. I do hope the next time your travels bring you to the area you will consider staying with us at again; we would love to have you.

Reviewed October 10, 2012

I had mentioned in a previous review that I rarely write about Hampton Inns even though I often stay in them because the experience is uniformly good. The Hampton Inn in Somerset, PA, however, was a notch above. The guest rooms are well equipped and the bed was one of the most comfortable that I have ever slept in. The property was exceptionally well cared for and very clean. The furnishings in the rooms and public spaces were stylish and contemporary. Lastly, the breakfast had a wide range of menu items...and there were even some hot items available as evening entrees.

Kudos to the management and staff of the Somerset Hampton Inn for providing such a pleasant lodging experience.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends