“Great place to stay for visiting 7 springs”

Hampton Inn Somerset
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We stayed for a couple of nights for a ski trip to 7 springs. The hotel is clean and pleasant. We stayed on the 4th floor in a room facing the truck stop. It was quiet and we did not hear any traffic from the stop or the turnpike. The breakfast was very decent considering it's included. We also particularly appreciate the cookies and popcorn that they offer in the afternoon!
Would definitely return again when I'm back for another trip.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank babycakes

Reviewed December 30, 2011

We stayed at the Hampton Inn while we were on a family ski vacation over the Christmas holiday. Check in/out was very efficient and the front desk staff was extremely friendly. We were offered cookies and popcorn upon check in. The room was spacious and the bathroom even more so. Our room faced the turnpike. We were a bit apprehensive about the noise, but it was not a problem. Heating system is very good, as the fan remains on and steady and does not cycle on and off. The hotel is modern and the included breakfast was good. Breakfast included hot items, bakery good, cereal and fruit. Parking was free and plentiful.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 28, 2011

What you expect from a Hampton Inn - clean, decent breakfast included. This is one of the better ones I have stayed in, recently refurbished. In addition, the staff is pretty friendly. As I grew up in Somerset, I stay here a few times a year. I can recommend this hotel to anyone.

I am interested in the Holiday Inn Express going up nearby, and the wife prefers the Inn at Georgian Place (great Bed & Breakfast), but the Hampton Inn is a safe choice.

Room Tip: I don't think there is any difference in rooms, but park around back as the elevator is actually...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2011

After spending 5 days in Ohio wirhthe worst bed, this hotel made up for it! Late at night traveling back to nj, sleepy and needed sleep. They had a room and I slept like a baby! The room was a bit older looking but I loved the dark wood panel desk and the shower was large with hot water. I will keep you in mind for future visits!

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed December 10, 2011

Stayed at the Hampton Inn recently while crossing PA on the turnpike based on the recommendation of a family member who'd stayed here a few years ago. It is incredibly easy on/off access as it's located practically next to the toll booth. The front desk staff were prompt, efficient and helpful. The room was clean, quiet and nicely decorated with dark wood paneling. The towels were thick and the shower had good water pressure. There was free wifi and plenty of outlets for charging our phones, etc. Especially nice for travelers was a small refrigerator so we could keep everything from the car cooler cold overnight.

Breakfast is from 6-10am and there was plenty of seating at about 8:30am. The food is replenished regularly and the make-your-own waffles were great. There are take-away cups for coffee, tea, etc.

I would definitely recommend this hotel and stay again if passing through.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 26, 2011

This was a great place to stop on our 14 hour road trip. The night desk manager was sooooo super friendly and helpful. Room was clean and quiet. Bath was nice size. A good breakfast included in rate helped us get back on the road quickly in the a.m. I would definitely recommend it and would stay again if we come this way next year for Thanksgiving!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed November 19, 2011

I am a frequent visitor to Somerset (my parents' hometown). I recently spent three nights on a genealogy/leaf peeping trip. My king-size bedroom was clean, up-to-date and comfortable. The desk for my laptop was well-lighted and provided free wifi access, and was set up with a comfortable desk chair on casters. The room included a large bathroom (shower-only). The room was equipped with a microwave, small refrigerator, and coffee pot. The TV was a large flatscreen which included free HBO an other cable channels. The large armoire was equipped with an ironing board and iron, but the interior space was limited (not sure why the interior was so small compared to the exterior) with a front to back closet rod I found awkward to use. All the furniture was a substantial cherry wood design.

The hotel is adjacent to the turnpike exit; turn right immediately after leaving the tollbooth or you'll miss the hotel entrance. There is no traffic noise.

The hotel provides a free hot breakfast during most of the morning (I liked that you don't have to get up too early to enjoy this) which includes waffles, eggs, breakfast meat, potatoes, hot and cold beverages, cereals, fruit, etc. The breakfast room is rather small, so it can get crowded. Cookies, popcorn and other snacks are available 24 hrs. a day.

The staff is helpful and courteous, though the frontdesk is understaffed, with only one person available most hours of the day. When I asked for replacement coffee cups one day (the housekeeping staff forgot to leave new ones after cleaning) I was quickly brought cups, supplies and two cups of coffee.

The hotel is convenient for trips to the Laurel Highlands (about a hour's drive), Fallingwater (I highly reccommend a visit to this Frank Lloyd Wright home) the nearby falls at Ohiopyle, the historic downtown district of Somerset (a tour of the beau arts courthouse is worthwhile) and the Somerst Genealogical and Historical Society.

The hotel offers more comfort, amenities, and cleanliness that the other hotels in town. It is a little more expensive, but worth the additional money. I didn't rate this five stars (circles?) only because I reserve that for a luxury/resort type of facility which is not available in Somerset. I highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the turnpike side are quieter in the winter because trucks idle all night in the large tru...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Holiday Inn Express Somerset
#6 of 12 in Somerset
Super 8 Somerset
Super 8 Somerset
#11 of 12 in Somerset

Been to Hampton Inn Somerset? Share your experiences!