Knights Inn Somerset
Econo Lodge Somerset PA(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$63
$50
A1Economy Inn(Somerset)(Great Value!)
$267
$49
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsflat tvroom was cleanper nightpa turnpikenothing fancyacoffsettoiletfrigstarbuckscoupon
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I stayed here 20 yrs ago and it was a thriving 400 room hotel. They must be low on funds. They only have like a little over maybe 200 rooms now, Its all in 1 building, the lot is NOT maintained, I almost fell on the ice and then the back wasnt even able to walk on the lot without good boots. They used to have 4 or 5 buildings and they are gone. It had a pool at 1 time and its been emptied and its just a big hole now. The rooms are nice but thats about where the good part ends. The cost was not worth what I got.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank luvtotrvel6594
Reviewed January 5, 2014

You've read the other reviews: outdated, crumbling, no breakfast to speak of.... but the people are great, the room is "clean" , location was perfect for us traveling - just off of the turnpike and easy to get back on. Owner/operators had a cute step-dog visiting when we were there and we still talk about what a pleasant animal it was. One of the nicest "dumps" I have ever spent 6 hours in.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 19, 2013

I was VERY concerned when I first arrived to the hotel. I anticipated just absolute horrible accommodations. I expressed my concern to the elderly man who was checking me in and he said, I understand, please, here's a key, go check if the room meets your satisfaction.

I did. I walked with my two kids to the room and while it certainly wasn't trump plaza, it was ok. The mattresses seemed relatively new, however, the décor was definitely WAY outdated. The fridge worked, the water worked, microwave worked. Everything worked and I didn't see any bugs or anything. It wasn't the cleanest, but it wasn't obviously dirty. TV worked and the room was really ok.

I accepted the room and stayed the night. Took a shower the next day and we left. We did not opt for the breakfast as I wasn't sure about the food storage. Just a cautious guy with kids. I had a good night sleep as the mattress was comfortable enough.

The only _real_ concern that I had was that there wasn't enough security on the door and when there were people talking outside, it was audible in the room. There is not any way to lock the door from entry from the hotel. No deadbolt, no chain lock, nothing. Just a door knob that will allow a key to open the door.

I was pleased with my stay -- and I stayed again for two more days the following week. I figured a known, acceptable, commodity is better than worrying about something you don't know.

Not bad, GREAT value for the money, and really reasonable accommodations.

Room Tip: King room has a sofa, two double beds has a table with chairs
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013

We were on our way home and we have stayed here many times over the years. I called Wyndham Rewards to redeem points for a free night. Check in was quick and first time we got a room close to the office. Not noisy as I anticipated. Level parking area which we like and just what we needed - clean room, comfy beds, micro/fridge, coffeemaker, flat screen TV, easy on/off the PA Turnpike. Plenty of ice the next morning to fill the cooler for the trip home. Mr. Patel friendly at checkout inviting me to partake of some free samples. Stopped for the night early enough so we could eat at Hoss's Steak restaurant for dinner. Oh, and Thursday night football was on so my husband was happy, too! A good end to a nice vacation!

Room Tip: The parking lot is sloped in front of some rooms - I request rooms where the parking lot is level.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was traveling to the Pittsburgh area for racing and stayed at the Knights Inn for two nights a Friday and Saturday. This older style motel is nestled into the mountainside just off the PA turnpike and is surrounded by dozens of places to stay. My stay was absolutely fine. The room was clean, the bed comfortable, big screen TV and hot and cold running water. By no means is this a fancy place, It is sort of a throw back in time when you back your car up to the room door. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Would stay here again because of the convenience. Average place to stay at a reasonable price when you just need a place to rest your weary bones.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled solo