“Nice place to stay short term.”
Review of Days Inn Somerset

Days Inn Somerset
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed May 31, 2012

This is a nice place to stay when you are on a budget and staying for a short time. There really isn't anything fancy about this place. There is a gravel lot next to one side of the hotel where big rigs idle for the night, and if your a light sleeper you will be awake all night. Trucks come and go at sporadic times. Other than that it was a clean room, and the staff were very friendly. You are right next to the turnpike so you can get to Pittsburgh in a flash. All in all a decent place to stay for the night.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Justin L
There are newer reviews for Days Inn Somerset

Reviewed April 28, 2012

We came to Somerset mainly to ski at Seven Springs, and given the many lodging options in Somerset, I'll definitely try something more upscale next time. The Days Inn was relatively clean, but everything (the furniture, bedding, bathroom fixtures, etc) has seen better days. Fortunately, we didn't spend much time there. Althought the Days Inn provided "breakfast" (which just seemed like an open box of donuts and weak coffee) we opted for the Starbucks which is thankfully very close. This wasn't a horribly unpleasant experience, and I can't really complain because it was pretty cheap. But I'd rather spend more for an upgrade next time.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2012

Stayed one night on my way home from Ohio. Very convenient. right off I70 ex 110. Clean room, good bed, everything works. Has a light breakfast and a small workout room with some free weights. A budget motel but very good value for the price.

• Stayed: April 2012
2  Thank Recceman
Reviewed March 27, 2012

I am giving it excellent because if you are looking something in this range this is best in Somerset. Nice room, nice staff and good breakfast. I know Hampton just in front of this would be better but again as I said, in its price range this is best.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank JonnyTheTourist
Reviewed March 15, 2012

This hotel is located directly off the highway - and I mean literally within 100 feet of the off ramp.
The check in experience was strange - while I waited for the host to get off the phone I could not help but overhear her confirm the booking for $20 less than I paid on expedia. She 'visited' for a 2 minutes while I stood in front of her with my MasterCard in hand - "oh the weather is very nice here how about where you are?"..
Got our room on the ground floor. A little dated but what I expected for the price - a real steal if it had been $20 less!
I am not recommending this hotel for two reasons - first, it seems to be located beside a spot where truck drivers park overnight - so we could hear a big rig engine idleing all night and then one more start up at 5am. Second, the parking lot is so convenient to the turnpike that we found a couple parked in front of our room overnight that must have been on a cross coutnry trip or something...the woman was eationg dinner out of a box while the man slept behind the wheel...a little uncomfortable for us. They were gone in the morning but all the food boxes were dumped out on the ground and we had to kick them aside to get our luggage in the car.

Somerset is a beautiful little town that is about half way from Toronto to DC. I would love to go back to Somerset in the summer months but there are many better hotel choices than Days Inn.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed February 27, 2012

I have stayed here half a dozen times now in the last 3 years, for anywhere from 1 to 4 nights to ski at 7 Springs and Hidden Valley(about 15 minutes from both). It's right off the turnpike, and close to lots of restaurants. Yes the hotel is a little dated but we don't do much more than sleep there and maybe watch some tv with an adult beverage in the evenings. The beds are firm and everything is always clean. The continental breakfast isn't the best but I usually just grab some OJ and if I want something more substantial than toast or cereal in the AM there is a Sheetz on the way to the ski resorts. The employees are always very nice, check-in and out is always quick and painless. The lady that works the desk on weekend nights(at least the last 4 times I have come) reminds me of my grandmother and is amazingly nice and always makes me smile! At the price you can't beat this place, I have been tempted to try one of the many other options in the area but I know what I am going to get here. I will keep coming back, I am a very satisfied repeat customer.

Room Tip: There are two buildings at this hotel, try and get a room in the same building as the reception area...
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 26, 2012

I stayed here 2 nights. We stayed here since the it only abiyt 15 minutes away from 7 Springs Resort. The room we had was on the ground level. Our room and bathroom was clean and looked like it was recently renovated. Our room included a new refrigerator and microwave oven. The heater/AC unit was new and ran quietly. Hotel is located next to the Turnpike, so I think it's best to avoid rooms that face the Turnpike since it may be noisey.

Free continental breakfast was basic with toast and English muffins. There are a bunch of fast food restaurants and diners in the area. Subway is directly in front of the hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012