“A solid hotel, directly off the Interstate”
Review of Days Inn Somerset

Days Inn Somerset
Ranked #5 of 12 Hotels in Somerset
Reviewed September 25, 2011

When one says this hotel is right off the Interstate, let me assure you that it is not physically possible to get any closer to the Interstate. You pass through the toll booths, make an IMMEDIATE left, and go right into the parking lot. It's right there; highly convenient. And the proximity to what could potentially be harrowing road noise was a surprising non-issue.

Stayed here one night, had a coupon; great value. Everything worked fine, the staff was friendly, they gave me a spare toothpaste, and you get your standard-fare free breakfast. Internet (critical for me) worked well. If I have to pass through this neck of the woods again, I'd go back here.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank RoadTripToSFO

Reviewed September 20, 2011

room was small but clean. you get what you pay for maybe a bit more.

staff are friendly. breakfast was basic and decent. rooms were clean.

For what i paid compared to the prices i saw, this was the most valur for the money.

I would stay there again if I drive by

• Stayed: September 2011
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Clean. Friendly staff. Small number of items available for breakfast, but OK. Good value and good location.

• Stayed: August 2011
1  Thank coloniegolfer
Reviewed August 19, 2011

This property is adjacent to the PA Turnpike Someset Toll Plaza. Pay the toll, make an immediate left turn.

While the property looks a little worse for wear from the exterior, it is a good place to stay for the night.

The front desk and cleaning staff were all very pleasant and friendly. The room was very clean and spotless. The bathroom was also clean and oder-free.

This is your typical 2-star hotel. If want a large room, with huge fluffy towels, and comfy chairs- this ain't the place. But if you want a over night room next to the PA Turnpike that's clean and priced fairly- this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Fishers56
Reviewed August 16, 2011

Access to the Days Inn couldn't be simpler off the Turnpike. It's literally a left turn out of the pay booth. We arrived at midnight and checked in within 5 minutes. The receptionist was pleasant and had our keys already set out for us as we got there.

The room was on the small side, but clean, and also had a minifridge (great for the kids sippy cups). Felt a little bad for our neighbors, as I'm sure they heard our baby crying for a few minutes, the walls seem a bit thin.

Continental breakfast was toast, english muffins, cereal and juice. It was certainly busy in the lobby, but the workers did keep the food stocked as people came and went. Variety could've been better, but it was free after all.

Check out was a breeze too and we didn't get any hidden charges.

Overall, we expected a reasonable stay for a decent price, and got a reasonable stay for a decent price. Didn't blow us away, but is a very good option for long trips on the Turnpike.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank gfairbanks
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Good value, beds firm, room size reasonable, continental breakfast adequate, staff nice enough. All in all, the best we could expect from a 2 star motel for an overnight stay.
We did use ear plugs, since the motel is adjacent to the turnpike.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Louis T
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I needed a place to sleep after becoming tired during a long trip. I liked this place. You will see that it is not a 5 star Marriott, but it was clean and comfortable, and the price was great. I had driven past a few other motels that had sketchy characters hanging out in front and back at 10 pm, which I didn't feel like dealing with as a single female traveling alone with small kids, so I settled on this place.

The check in lady was kind and friendly, and warned me we'd be in the second building, on the back, on the second floor, (I presume this was because we were arriving relatively late and needed a non-smoking room). This area was not bad in general except if you're a light sleeper, the road noise from that area may bother you a bit - try to get something in the front.

Room was clean, had free W-Fi and a coffee maker and hair dryer. Bathroom was slightly small but clean. Again, you're paying $65 a night including taxes so I didn't expect the bathroom would be huge or anything. They gave us lots of towels and washcloths, which I appreciated (I believe we had 4 of each).

We slept undisturbed (except for a few things beyond their control: someone repeatedly locking their car door with the remote keyfob, causing a beep multiple times, some people checking in late who were coming down the hall but were thankfully fairly quiet once they settled in, as well as some trucking road noise), then checked out early at 6 to get on the road. Second desk clerk was very nice. Breakfast was not elaborate, but a very good start to get something in our stomachs and some coffee.

I saw that they take pets there which was nice, and also there was a Subway with kind and friendly people right across the street within walkable distance even from the second building. Did not check out the workout room - too tired but the TV had a lot of good channels. Also vending machines with snacks/soda/ice.

I would highly recommend this place if you need a safe, cost-effective place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank airport_brat
Also consider these accommodations in or near Somerset
Hampton Inn Somerset
Super 8 Somerset
Super 8 Somerset
#11 of 12 in Somerset
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Donegal

Been to Days Inn Somerset? Share your experiences!