“Run as far as you can from this place”
Review of Homestead Lodging

Homestead Lodging
Reviewed April 21, 2010

I traveled with my wife the weekend of the 15th of April I have traveled to over 30 countries and have stayed in a lot of places. This place is on the bottom of my list!! The noise from the highway was non-stop until about 3 am the people in the room above us every time they walked the floor made a loud sound, the people next to us returned around 12:30 an were so loud it was about four people that would not stop with the TV and having a party, I felt like we shared a room with them!! The innkeepers failed to fix this problem!!! The beds were so uncomfortable my back is still in pain 5 days after my stay!! The next morning the traffic started again people started to walk upstairs and down the stairs, we got about 2 hours of sleep I spoke with the innkeepers a married couple they told me someone else also complained about the people next door!! My Wife and I wanted a nice quiet relaxing weekend in Amish Country I reserved the room for 2 days but one stayed one day and returned home!! Please if you want what I was looking for avoid this place!!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank scottandilaria
lkepiro, Owner at Homestead Lodging, responded to this reviewResponded April 25, 2010

Unfortunately we don’t like any unhappy guests. We did find out the next morning
that the 4 ladies were loud. They were very apologetic and didn’t realize how loud
they were. They are used to a motel. We didn’t have the opportunity to fix the problem
because nobody informed us until the next morning. A guest can ring our doorbell (we have a sign on the office door from 10pm-8am to ring bell for assistance.) We did offer Scott a room on the second floor – which he declined - or a room at our other location. They turned down that offer also and just wanted to go home and that was their choice. Nothing was mentioned to us at all about the bed being uncomfortable. We have been constantly told over the last 25 years that the guest had a great night’s rest. We are here to make our guest’s stay enjoyable and will handle complaints promptly.

Reviewed November 10, 2009

My wife & I stayed here for our anniversary. This ended up being the perfect place for us! The room was very clean, the service was great, and it was a great value. The location was perfect because it was just about a mile from Rt. 30, which has all the shops/outlets. My wife loved hearing the Amish horses/buggies-coming from the city, it was nice to have that peaceful sound to wake up to! The refrigerator was well stocked with drinks/snacks at a more than reasonable price. My wife & I are already looking forward to our next trip to Lancaster, and Homestead Lodging will absolutely be our first choice!!!!!!-)

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ant4him
Reviewed September 6, 2008

My friends and I just came back from visiting Lancaster county and decided to try this place out since it got such high reviews. Its in the town of Smoketown which is near Intercourse and Bird-in-hand. First let me start off by telling you the place is immaculate! Very clean! The owners Lori & Bob are very nice and accommodating. The rooms are well appointed and cozy, and some rooms are larger than others. The rooms are also more like motel rooms then lets say a bedroom in a bed and breakfast. You will see that when you look at the website. They offer you a continental breakfast which consists of bagels, tea, coffee, muffins and a homemade pastry that Lori makes. We never got to try any of her pastries since everything was gone by 8:00 am. Either someone was taking the whole thing to there room or there was a very hungry guest! The thing is there really arent alot of guests staying there since there are only 5 rooms. My friends and I had 2 rooms already. Very strange. Also there was no milk available which I thought was weird too. Coffee, tea but no milk? We had to go buy our own and keep it in the refrigerator. So, the breakfast was ok, but nothing special. Also the refrigerators that are in the guest rooms are filled with snacks, juices, sodas, and candy. They are not free. You must pay which was ok I guess since it wasnt expensive. Now, I do have a few issues about this place. First of all, the walls are thin!! You can here tvs right through the wall!! Also if you have loud talking neighbors your in trouble! Twice we had problems with people who were blasting there televisions. We didnt complain, but we should have. Also if your on the first floor be aware you will here a ton of noise from upstairs! One morning I heard so much walking and stomping it woke me up and I couldnt go back to sleep! I looked at the clock and it was 6:30 am!! I was not happy! I had to leave the air conditioner on full blast in order to drown out the noise. I also advise people not to leave there windows open on cool nights. The bed and breakfast is located on a very busy road and there is alot of traffic. The only thing thats nice is listening to the clip clop of the horses when the carriages pass by. Now again another issue I had was the water pressure in the bathrooms. If someone is taking a shower the same time you are forget it!! No water pressure!! I was taking a shower and thats what happened. I had to stand there and wait in the tub till the person was done!! Also the toilet wont flush properly when someone is using the shower. Its a bit frustrating I have to say. So other than that the place is ok and I definately recommend it to people who are on a budget since its very reasonable. Would I stay here again? Probably not since I cant deal with all that noise. Im sure there are other places in Lancaster that offer quieter accomodations.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with friends
3  Thank fiestylady
Reviewed August 25, 2008

What an excellent facility in every aspect, and so local to the fine facilities in the area. Although our 1st time visit to Homestead Lodging the hosts, Lori and Bob showed genuine interest in making shure that our stay was the best that it could. The rooms were kept spotless in every aspect, supported by a mini-fridge' where drinks were available at reasonable prices. The views from our window were simply 'a living picture' to gaze upon. Breakfast consisting of various home baked pastries etc were first class in every aspect.
If you wanted to know about any aspect of Lancaster County and afar, then our hosts had at their finger tips all of the details.
We arrived as strangers and left I hope good friends. Thank you for making our trip memorable. Robert & Barbara (UK)

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank bertlevis
Reviewed April 21, 2007

I was a guest at the hometead lodge this past april 11th 2007,
and i must say that if your looking for a cozy, comfortable and
clean B & B, this is it!!!!. The inn is located in the heart of
lancaster county and convenient to all attractions, shopping
and some great amish restaurants, <you must try the
family cupboard on Rt 340> for some of the best amish
cooking in the area. As convenient as the lodge is, it
sits on the boarder of an amish farm with some wonderful
views of the countryside. The rooms are so cozy not to mention
clean. , all come with a private bath. The innkeepers < Bob &
Lori> are extremley accomodating ,without intruding on your
privacy. The morning sweet rolls are baked fresh every day
by Lori and they are excellent. When comming to the area do
give Lori and call and reserve a room. You will enjoy!!!!

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled on business
1  Thank amishboy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smoketown
0 mi away
#2 of 2 in Smoketown
1 mi away
Bird-in-Hand Village Inn & Suites
Spruce Lane Lodge & Cottages

Been to Homestead Lodging? Share your experiences!