“Great Price, Friendly People”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Homestead Lodging

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smoketown
Homestead Lodging
Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Price, Friendly People”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2012

My wife and I just got back from an overnight stay in the Lancaster area. I decided to stay at Homestead Lodging mostly because of the price, and it seemed that the owners were nice people. I was right on both counts! The accommodations were very nice. I found our room to be very clean, well furnished and large enough (ours had 2 beds - I think all the rooms here may). The owners were very friendly and helpful. We also enjoyed the fact that they are a Christian family, as are we. They have 5 rooms total there, but we were the only ones staying that night (not too many vacationers in the middle of February). I knew before we went that the breakfast would not be "full." It was however very good , as Lori bakes everything herself. The morning we were there she had muffins, and some sort of apricot bake that tasted good enough to be dessert. They also had oatmeal, English muffins and coffee. They do not have a breakfast area for eating, but provide trays so you may take your food back to your room. It was quiet while we were there, but as stated before, we were the only ones there. I can imagine it might have been a little noisy if other guests had been there, but that really depends on the other guests. They did have signs in the rooms asking that you be extra quiet early in the morning and late at night for the sake of the other guests. Lori also pointed out that the one room they have on the basement level (walk-out) is good for families with children because the room is not above anyone else. She even showed us that room when we were leaving, in case we ever decided to come back with the kids. Our room was decorated nicely, very clean, and was up to date. The TV was a nice 40" LCD and there was a mini fridge in the room stocked with drinks and snacks (though you requested to pay for the items - honor system. I found the prices to be reasonable and this to be acceptable considering the low price we payed for the room). Overall my wife and I were very pleased with our stay, and would definitely go back sometime. Bob and Lori are great hosts and very nice people.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bmwmaw37
lkepiro, Owner at Homestead Lodging, responded to this review, April 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and the home baked breakfast. Yes, in the winter you simply enjoy it in your room. However, spring, summer and fall most guests enjoy taking their breakfast to our patio overlooking the Amish farm. It was a pleasure extending Christian hospitality to you and we hope to see you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Star Junction, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2011

My sister and I with our husbands stayed December 8, 2011. We were pleasantly surprised at the cleanliness and appeal of the rooms. The bathroom was meticulous. We had the entire upper floor to ourselves! By 0730 the next morning, Lori had a wonderful breakfast ready for us. Boy, is Lori a good baker!!! Homestead Lodging is a very good value and a great place to stay. It is conveniently located right in the middle of Amish country; the view in the backyard is breathtaking - what a beautiful Amish farm!!! It is minutes away from all the main attractions.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
lori k, Owner at Homestead Lodging, responded to this review, July 26, 2014
It was great to see you, too! We are blessed with many friends - not just guests!
Thank you for your wishes for our son - it is an exciting time! See you next time!
Hope Mills, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2011

The location was perfect just minutes away from all the attractions in Lancaster County. The home was very clean and the prices very reasonable. Just be courteous of others. We stayed on the top floor and the walls are kinda thin.

Room Tip: If you stay on the second floor be aware of the stairs if you park in the back. They are kinda stee...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
SC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2011

I returned in September 2011 for a 4 night say. As I have stayed before, I knew I was getting exactly what fills my needs and expectations. Clean, comfortable, love the location, genuinely believe that Lori and Bob would do whatever it took to make someones stay the best it could be--although, I have never had a complaint.

I love the pretty landscaping, the farm behind their inn, the lovely comforters in the room.
Not being much of a breakfast person, the pastries and coffee is all I need. They also offer oatmeal, bagels, muffins, hot tea, etc.

Only been home about 6 weeks, but already looking forward to my next trip--which can't come soon enough.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Speers, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2011

My friends and I stayed here a few years ago and returned in August for a few days getaway. The place is very clean and Bob and Lori are such nice and warm people! They were helpful with any questions we had. We plan to go back again when visiting Lancaster Dutch Country.

Room Tip: If you have trouble climbing steps, ask for the first floor rooms.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
Yarmouth Port, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2010

We have stayed at Homestead Lodging several times in the past few years. It is rare these days to stumble upon a place as delightful as this! The owners, Bob and Lori are very warm and accommodating. The rooms are simple but comfortable. Nice decor, very clean and a true gem for the price!! There is a refrigerator in the room, stocked with juices, other beverages and snacks. Again, very reasonable. The continental breakfast is very yummy. We have found that after eating a typically large meal for dinner, it is really a perfect breakfast.
This is a perfect place for couples or a girls getaway. There are signs in the room to be mindful of loud talking, TV etc. We have never had a problem. I do prefer the upstairs rooms as they are a little quieter and I love the views from the 2nd floor. When we return to Homestead Lodging, we always feel like we are being welcomed home!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nanct
bertlevis
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2010

Not the first time my wife and I have stayed there. The hosts seek to provide home from home facilities in a pleasing and clean envirionment. Nothing is too much trouble. We did appreaciate the facilities of a small fridge in the room supplied with refreshments at a very econimical cost.
Living in the UK, we don't always need airconditioning and it was certainly nice to have the choice between that and a ceiling fan.
Continental breakfast is always hot, fresh, and a home baked sweet treat !

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank bertlevis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smoketown
Fulton Steamboat Inn
La Quinta Inn & Suites Lancaster
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
#3 of 3 in Bird in Hand

Been to Homestead Lodging? Share your experiences!