“I keep coming back!”

Smoketown Inn of Lancaster County
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Smoketown
Reviewed April 28, 2012

I stay at the Inn a couple of times a year.....if my husband and I happen to be in the area and need a place to stay....plus when my sister-in-law and I make our yearly shopping trip to Lancaster. We have always been treated with the utmost courtesy and professionalism when booking and checking-in and out. The rates are very reasonable.....the rooms always clean. This is a family-owned hotel and has some age to it, so do not expect to find thoroughly modern, hotel chain-type establishment with updated decor. If you are looking for a clean, comfortable and convenient place to stay off of busy Route 30 in Lancaster.....give Smoketown Inn a try!

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Debbie2645
motelchica, Owner at Smoketown Inn of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write on tripadvisor about our inn. We appreciate the kind comments & your patronage.

Reviewed April 13, 2012

The Inn is located perfect, close to everywhere I want to go.I have stay so many times and when I do leave, I leave a part of my heart here. Mike and staff makes us feel so welcome. I just returned home yesterday and I feel a little sad but, I know I will be back 2 times in July and once again in November..Smoketown Inn is just a little piece of heaven on earth. I know God is blessing Mike and staff and for that, I am blessed.

Room Tip: I have "my room" that I request and 99% of the time, I get it..to be honest with you, any...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gummy2331
motelchica, Owner at Smoketown Inn of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2012

Thank you so..much for the kind comments that you shared on tripadvisor, it is customers like you that encourage Mike & I to continue to work hard in serving our guests. We truly do appreciate your business & look forward to seeing you folks again in July!

Reviewed November 16, 2011

We stayed at Smoketown Inn during veterans day weekend. We had the sunroom suite and it was well worth the price - the only complaint we had was the time pasted too quickly and we had to leave - definitely plan to go back just to have a long weekend away from home.

Room Tip: Highly recommend the Sun Room Suite - nice to enjoy , beautiful views and large enough to have frein...
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MJ P
motelchica, Owner at Smoketown Inn of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a generous & kind review of our Inn, we are glad you enjoyed your stay. I'm sure the snow was a bit of a surprise in Oct. but you had a great room to relax & enjoy the scenery in. We look forward to serving you in the future!!
Mike & Linda Martin

Reviewed November 1, 2011

We just returned from a four day stay at this lodge and had a wonderful time. It snowed about 3 - 4" this Halloween weekend in Lancaster which made this trip even more special! Our rooms were super clean and even my husband commented on how clean the bathroom was (smelled like Clorox - you kinow, that nice clean smell). We had stayed here several times a couple of years ago and could see the changes and improvements that had been made to the lodge. If you want a special get away weekend, check out there three (3) new suites upstairs. These rooms are first class and gorgeous! I highly recommend Smoketown Motor Lodge for peace and quiet, location and comfort. We will definetly be back!!

PS - You DO NOT pay for ice for your room; only if you want to fill your cooler full of ice from the machine, do you pay.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 17, 2011

This Lodge (Inn) was centrally located to many area's of interest, & located just off the major highways. We found it very clean & quit; they have a wide selection of rooms, & beautiful suites available. Our two day stay turned into a four day stay. The owner & employees were very nice, & more than willing to help with our needs. I highly recommend staying here, as it has a homely & quit atmosphere, easy to find....you can see for yourself on-line.

Room Tip: We were happy with our super Queen; with the owners help we were able to see the other rooms & s...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Elaine C
motelchica, Owner at Smoketown Inn of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded October 19, 2011

Thank you so much for your kind response, it is folks like you that make this often demanding business easier. We look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed September 18, 2011

My husband and I stay at this lodge at least once a year. We love it! The owners are fantastic and very helpful. We know them by name, and they also know us by name. We have never had any trouble. The last 2 times we brought another couple with us and they loved it! Rooms are clean and comfortable, and very affordable. Love sitting outside on the patio in the morning to have our coffee. Please do not listen to the bad reviews. What is wrong with pastries and coffee, everybody usually goes out and stuffs themselves at an amish restaurant anyway! Those people must have been looking for some fancy hotel. This one is down to earth, and we won't stay at any other hotel when we go to Lancaster.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank sthorns
motelchica, Owner at Smoketown Inn of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Thank you so...much for taking the time to write out such a kind & helpful response for future customers. We try our best to accomodate & keep our customers satisfied. Thanks again for your patronage.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We have made several trips to the Lancaster area and have never stayed somewhere like this. I made our reservations in June and requested two rooms on the bottom floor located next to each other, if possible. I was given a confirmation number and told that we would be in rooms 5 & 6. My parents are getting up there in age and my mother gets "ill" often, so I need to stay close in case she needs me. I called the night before arrival to confirm our reservation and was told I now had rooms 10 & 12 on the 2nd floor (Mom loses her balance and has problems with stairs). I expressed my concern over this and was told they would see what they could do. We arrived at the hotel the next day to be greeted with a disgusting musty odor throughout the hotel. Went to the check in desk and was given the information for room 6 and paid. At this time, I thought they had moved us to our original rooms. I then receive the keys to room 12! Two separate floors! I said this was not right and all I got was a, "Oh, I'm so sorry, there was nothing we could do." Yes there was, you could have called me back the evening before and told me that you were not able to put us on the same floor any longer! No, instead you wait until we have paid for a room and then inform us that there are no refunds if you check out early!

We get to our rooms and find out there are NO telephones in the rooms nor fans in the bathrooms. Not everyone carries a cell phone! Luckily, I always carry Lysol with me to disinfect the rooms. I sprayed everything that you could possibly touch in that room. I also sprayed the inlet of the air conditioner in hopes that it would help get rid of the smell in the room.

I had to go downstairs each night to check on my parents before everyone went to bed for the night. Guess what? Saturday night Mom got sick! My father had to come get me because they weren't able to call my room! They also do not place bags in there garbage cans. Luckily, we carried bags with us to put items in to bring home. I'm sure the maid found the bag full of vomit today in the garbage can.

The owner/manager schmoozed my husband yesterday with a line of bull (I wasn't allowed out of the room to express my opinion, so I am expressing it here). This is not a place I would recommend to anyone, not even if you are rooming with a dog!

By the way, continental breakfast only consists of pastries & coffee. No fruit or boxes of cereal. Oh, and by the way, you have to pay for ice.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
8  Thank Chart6668
motelchica, Owner at Smoketown Inn of Lancaster County, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2011

In response to post dated August 14, 2011, I will address several concerns listed.

1. Reservation: Apparently the request for rooms specifically on the first floor was not recorded
on the Reservation Sheet. This was our oversight, and we were not made aware of it until the
customer called a day ahead of arrival to confirm the reservation. At that point we made ever effort to put both rooms on the first floor, but we were completely filled and only able to accomodate one room on the first floor.
Our response: We advised all persons taking reservations to pay careful attention to record all
specific details on the Reservation Sheet, especially with regard first floor requests.

2. Musty Odor: Exactly 2 days before the arrival of these guests we had our annual, unannounced inspection by a AAA representative, who made no comment of any odors.

3. Cleanliness: Quest quotes, "I always carry Lysol with me to disinfect the rooms." This would not be necessary since all surfaces a thoroughly cleaned with solutions specifically designed for each particular surface.

4. No trash bags in rooms: One need only ask for bags and we would certainly accomodate. We simply try to keep our plastic use to a minimum.

5. Coffee & Pastry: We explain to people making reservations exactly what we provide; Coffee, Pastry, Tea and Hot Chocolate.

6. Ice: Ice is free to all guests for use in all rooms. Only if one chooses to fill an ice chest does one incur a charge.

7. An attempt was made to contact guest to inform them that our course of action was to advise all reservationists to pay careful attention to first floor requests and note on reservation.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Smoketown
Bird-In-Hand Family Inn
Comfort Suites Amish Country
Comfort Suites Amish Country
#14 of 40 in Lancaster
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Lancaster (Amish Country), PA

Been to Smoketown Inn of Lancaster County? Share your experiences!