“Mom's cooking has nothing on this!! ”
Review of Good N Plenty

Good N Plenty
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Smoketown
Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dallas
“Mom's cooking has nothing on this!! ”
Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

We had heard about this place for a long time and being in this area we knew we had to go. It was so worry the 3 hours drive. You go in and are seating with other people who come in at the same time as you. You start with bread and a few appetizers. Then you go on to the good stuff. We had turkey, fried chicken, ham and cabbage. Add in the mashed potatoes, corn, butter noodles, and carrots... wow!! Sorry mom, but something may be better than you home cooking!! Dessert to top it off...my husband made me get the magnet with the Shoo-fly pie recipe on it! A must!!!

New York City, New York
“Family style”
Reviewed June 20, 2014

Beautiful gift shop as you wait and a sumptuous dinner that features local foods. Great prices!! I think the food was very good, had chicken and potatoes.

Visited August 2013
Indian Land, South Carolina
“Mom must be cookin' in the kitchen!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014

Went here to eat on a Saturday evening, and chose the family style option. A little expensive ($22 a head) but, I swear, the food was cooked just as if Mom was back again, cookin' in the kitchen. Meat loaf, ham, chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn, green beans, chow-chow, apple sauce, apple butter, cottage cheese, white bread, wheat bread, cheese cake, chocolate pudding, apple and shoo-fly pie, ice cream, sherbert.....you get the picture? And all you can eat.

We were seated at a table with red hat ladies from Delaware, and we thoroughly enjoyed the meal. We ate at another Amish family style place earlier this week, and this is more expensive, but un-beatable home style cookin'.

• Visited March 2014
Clarksburg, MD
“Great experience but expensive”
Reviewed May 27, 2014

I stopped here recently for lunch with a group of friends after seeing a show at the Sight and Sound Theater. This restaurant is mainly known for its "family style" dining, which means you sit at a table and all the dishes are brought out to the table to share and pass around. I should mention, they also have a non-family style side of the restaurant. If you are with people who are undecided, you would have to split up the party. We had 14 people, so we were at our own table. I believe if you are with a small group (like a family of 3 or 4) you may be placed at a larger table with other folks to share your meal.

The food is all made from scratch and is very good, comfort food. Each week they rotate the 3 main dishes. The week we went the 3 main entrees were Ham and Cabbage, Turkey, and Fried Chicken. All three of those were delicious. The meal also comes with several sides, homemade bread and 4 desserts. Our bread came with a serving tray of whipped butter, apple butter (yum) and cottage cheese. There was also pepper slaw, chicken salad and other "small sides" on the table. The actual sides were homemade mashed potatoes, stuffing and corn (I'm sure I'm forgetting something). There were no "green" items on the table. This is not a meal you do if you're dieting.

The desserts were homemade chocolate or vanilla ice cream (was great), shoo fly pie, apple pie, a plate of mini cheesecakes with fruit topping and cracker pudding (looks like oatmeal but is made from crackers and coconut and milk, etc.) The pudding was surprisingly good.

Adults for lunch (not sure if the price is different for dinner) were $22 each. There was lemonade, water and unsweetened ice tea on the tables and coffee offered with dessert. The food was delicious, but for that type of comfort food, I would have expected to pay in the $16-18/per person range. It just seemed high for the types of foods.

That said, our waitress was excellent and attentive to our needs. She explained everything about the dishes and kept bringing refills for dishes and pitchers as necessary.

I definitely recommend it as an experience. If you are in the Lancaster area and haven't tried it before, definitely give it a try. Would I go back again? Probably, but I'll try other restaurants in the area first.

• Visited May 2014
Centereach, New York
“Good food just like I remembered”
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We went to good n plenty restaurant to relive our childhood memories. We were not too excited about eating family style but we remember the yummy food. Well now you can either get family style or order from the menu. We opted to order from the menu. I had a pot roast which was very good and other members had the meatloaf which was good as well. They were sold out of the chicken pot pies on the day we were there. The dinner even included dessert which of course we enjoyed as well. There is a store attached to the restaurant and also a small bakery downstairs. All in all a great meal.

• Visited April 2014