“Delicious home-cooked food”

Cuisines: Dutch
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed July 31, 2013

The only way to go is family style. Every visit to Lancaster we make it a point to eat here. The food is always delicious. They will bring you as much as you want. There is a great variety of food. And it has a great home cooked taste. We will definitely be coming again! :)

There are newer reviews for Good N Plenty

Reviewed July 30, 2013

So we ranked this #3 in dining after Plain n' Fancy and Miller's. We ordered off the menu. They have a rather elaborate check-in that made it feel like a doctor's office. The hostess sighed and said it would be a 15 minute wait. She then called us before we even sat down! We were led to a room that felt like an Amish farmhouse and seated at the same table with another family, though we were in the "order off the menu" room. They brought coloring pages and crayons for the kids. My husband got the sampler plate and I got the chicken pot pie. Each came with 2 sides. Good, but not the best chicken. Really good pot pie though. My sons had the kids dinners and you can get anything off the menu with one side. My 2 yr. old got the same whole pot pie I did! My husband did jokingly note that all the food on the table was the same beige color! The waitress was nice (a little too honest. Someone asked her if they should get slaw or chow chow and she replied "I hate both!") and was very understanding when my son knocked his milk over. She was overloaded with tables though and our meal took 2 hours (which isn't ideal with little kids). They did have several gift shops, a playground, and a petting zoo. They do not serve alcohol and the place closes at 8pm. They have an iphone app, but it is pretty useless, and they do not list their menu online. So good, and plenty, but not great.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Good food, a little rushed though with people starting to rest your table while you are still there.

Reviewed July 28, 2013 via mobile

Family style food sounds like a good idea, but they bring an obscene amount of food, including 2 whole pies plus mini cheesecakes and ice cream for a table of 10. I think we had less than a third of each pie and two of 12, or so, mini cheesecakes. And I saw them removing a lot of other barely touched pies from other tables. So not only is it just a waste if food, but you're paying for that food and you can't take it with you.

In terms of the food itself; meh, it's okay, but nothing to make this a destination. About what you'd expect from Amish-style cooking.
I'd look elsewhere.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Eat off the menu unless you are starved or have a large group.
For $22.00 per person family style you need to eat a lot of food.