“We usually go twice when on a trip!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Good N Plenty

Good N Plenty
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Smoketown
Cuisines: American, Dutch
Good for: Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Bainbridge, New York
“We usually go twice when on a trip!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2011

This is one of my favorite restaraunts ever! My family could never visit Lancaster without a trip to Good and Plenty. I love the Thanksgiving type spread they put in front of you. And bringing kids is great because there is no wait time for the food to arrive. However I would advise skipping lunch that day and having an early dinner. There is a lot of food. It's not everyday that you get quality and quantity. Don't say I didn't warn you!

• Visited July 2011

Easley, South Carolina
“The food was awesome.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2011

We really enjoyed our food. It was good down home cooking.

• Visited June 2011
Tryon, North Carolina
“Most dishonest restaurant I have ever eaten at...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2010

This place is in the midst of Amish country, touted for fine home cooking.. this restaurant serves straight-out-of-the-can "food", much of which is uneatable. The decor and style is depressing and it smells bad in there.. but that pales in the face of the cuisine... roast beef that is tenderized and gray, looking more like liver.. at out table, it was likened to nursing home food, peas and corn right out of the can, no attempt made to flavor or improve the veggies, "homemade" bread that was in fact straight from a factory, mashed potatoes from a box.. I could go on and on. My husband and I thing they are laughing all the way to the bank, for deceiving people as if they are fools. Anyone who gives this place a good review is simply ignorant of what food should be, esp. when advertised as "Amish". You'd be better off stopping at a service station and buying a pack of crackers... at least you could actually EAT them.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rosebay5
Staten Island, NY
“Great American food - Fresh and simple, no frills”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2010

I have been going here with my family for years and we all love it! There is nothing like it! They serve all homemade, fresh items such as fresh baked breads, spreads, butters, noodles, salads, fried chicken, ham, roast beef, mashed potatoes and fresh baked pies for dessert! You pay per person and food is served family style on long tables of 10-20 people. As long as you dont mind family style seating, you will love this place. The best!

• 3 of 5 bubbles
Philadelphia area
“Good old fashioned simple cooking”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2010

I had read reviews of this restaurant and almost didn't go. However, our innkeeper had said good things and off we went. You can either choose the all you can eat family style dining or the plate with sides and desserts. We decided to do the plate b/c it came with plenty of food and half the price, $9 instead of $18. They have 3 meats each day, and they always have fried chicken. With the plate, you get to choose a meat, 2 sides, 2 deserts and bread and cottage cheese. We all had the fried chicked which was very good, the mashed potatoes were homemade and the egg noddles were quite good as well. My wife loved the shoo fly pie, and their ice cream is also hommade. The waitress who took care of us was very friendly and came over at all the right times. If you are looking for a nice simple local meal, I don't see you being disappointed. This is not a place for "foodies" or those looking for a gourmet meal. It's great for kids, but steer clear of the gift shop, way overpriced.

2 Thank jmcalabro