“Wonderful”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smethport
Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Smethport B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We were just looking for a clean, comfortable place as a base for a long weekend, and found so much more. The inn is comfortable, beautifully furnished, the art plentiful and interesting, the rooms have everything you could possibly need, the innkeepers are gracious and attentive. I'd be happy to spend a month reading books while sitting on the porch. We are a couple, but the inn would be just as wonderful for families, friends or single travelers.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 9, 2012

We enjoyed an overnight stay with The Porter's and truly wish it could have been longer. Our exquisite room had a beautiful bathroom that was recently remodeled with a granite bowl sink and a shower with multiple nozzles. How grand!
Breakfast was delicious and picturesque. The highlight was the roasted grapefruit - oh soo good!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This was mine and my girlfriend's first vacation together and it couldn't have been a better choice. We stayed at the separate location from the main house and were impressed at how beautifully decorated it was aside from the dead animal on the wall. We aren't much into that so I gently lifted it from the wall and stored it in the laundry room till we left, sorry Jovanna! We visited the main house and Jovanna treated us just like we were family during our tour and when we dropped off the key, she even gave us some treats for the ride home. We were on our motorcycle and it was a beautiful ride, they are very accommodating to bikes. The town is just delightful and we visited the railroad bridge nearby. The diner is friendly and the tavern was so much fun. Would like to return soon!

Room Tip: The separate apartment is very private if that is what you are looking for.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Smethport was the first stop on my solo bicycle trip across Pennsylvania. After pedaling for 100 miles, I rolled into Smethport and the Mansion District Inn. I was welcomed with warmth and a genuine interest in my journey by Jovanna and Ross. I learned that Smethport has a rich history involving the bicycle, including the annual "Wheel around the Hub" Circuit race, held every September. The inn was beautiful, filled with unique period antiques in a comfortable setting. My room, "Dr. Freeman" was very comfortable and for me, highlighted by the amazing shower! Overall, the Inn, the company of Jovanna and Ross and my Smethport experience were EXCEPTIONAL! Make the Mansion District Inn a part of your bicycle trip or make it part of your next vacation.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was visiting Smethport for the first time to see where my dad’s family was from. I didn’t know what to expect. From start to finish the Mansion District Inn was wonderful. The house is exquisitely furnished. I could have spent hours looking at the art, furniture and rugs. My room was gorgeous, the bed comfortable and the bath was new with modern touches, like a very high-quality walk-in shower. Jovanna and Ross are consummate hosts. One of the many pleasant surprises was their delicious three-course breakfast – supplemented with an awesome pot of Sumatran coffee, which they specially source. If any of you are history buffs or have ancestors from the Smethport area, Ross is the town’s unofficial historian and can tell you all kinds of interesting info. Can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I go to Smethport frequently and have heard a lot about this place and wanted to see how it was for ourselves. We weren't dissapointed. The place is stunning, the hosts are fantastic, and the breakfast was the best. We highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I were so delightfully surprised with the entire Mansion! Jovanna and Ross were the perfect Inn Keepers. We stayed in the Hamlin Suite. All accomadations were perfect in every way. We did not want for a thing. Jovanna left nothing undone. I cannot wait to visit again. It will always be a place to stay when we are in the area.

Room Tip: The Hamlin Suite is like a little apartment- refrigerator, coffee maker, dishwasher, small stove, ju...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smethport
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#3 of 6 in Bradford
Holiday Inn Express and Suites - Bradford
Best Western Plus Bradford Inn
Best Western Plus University Inn
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany
Holiday Inn Express Olean

Been to Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!