“Exceptional!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Smethport
Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 1 Smethport B&B and Inns
Easton, Pennsylvania, United States
“Exceptional!”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Smethport was the first stop on my solo bicycle trip across Pennsylvania. After pedaling for 100 miles, I rolled into Smethport and the Mansion District Inn. I was welcomed with warmth and a genuine interest in my journey by Jovanna and Ross. I learned that Smethport has a rich history involving the bicycle, including the annual "Wheel around the Hub" Circuit race, held every September. The inn was beautiful, filled with unique period antiques in a comfortable setting. My room, "Dr. Freeman" was very comfortable and for me, highlighted by the amazing shower! Overall, the Inn, the company of Jovanna and Ross and my Smethport experience were EXCEPTIONAL! Make the Mansion District Inn a part of your bicycle trip or make it part of your next vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Kansas City
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I was visiting Smethport for the first time to see where my dad’s family was from. I didn’t know what to expect. From start to finish the Mansion District Inn was wonderful. The house is exquisitely furnished. I could have spent hours looking at the art, furniture and rugs. My room was gorgeous, the bed comfortable and the bath was new with modern touches, like a very high-quality walk-in shower. Jovanna and Ross are consummate hosts. One of the many pleasant surprises was their delicious three-course breakfast – supplemented with an awesome pot of Sumatran coffee, which they specially source. If any of you are history buffs or have ancestors from the Smethport area, Ross is the town’s unofficial historian and can tell you all kinds of interesting info. Can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Hillsdale, New Jersey, United States
Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I go to Smethport frequently and have heard a lot about this place and wanted to see how it was for ourselves. We weren't dissapointed. The place is stunning, the hosts are fantastic, and the breakfast was the best. We highly recommend it!

Sellersville
Reviewed June 5, 2012

My husband and I were so delightfully surprised with the entire Mansion! Jovanna and Ross were the perfect Inn Keepers. We stayed in the Hamlin Suite. All accomadations were perfect in every way. We did not want for a thing. Jovanna left nothing undone. I cannot wait to visit again. It will always be a place to stay when we are in the area.

Room Tip: The Hamlin Suite is like a little apartment- refrigerator, coffee maker, dishwasher, small stove, ju...
Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I stayed at the Sheriff Sartwell Executive Suite for three nights. The accommodations were excellent. I had a parking area right outside my door, a full kitchen, bedroom, bathroom with shower, sitting room with a large screen TV and wireless internet. I had no idea what to expect as I had never been to Smethport and I had never stayed at a bed and breakfast. I was pleasantly surprised by both. The town and people were wonderful. The food and service at the Corner Restaurant and the Court of Angels was very good. The hosts, Ross and Juvana, are exceptionally nice and ensure that you have a comfortable stay. I plan to return with my wife.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We were on our way home from a week-long trip to the Fingerlakes and Niagara Falls and just wanted a place to stay for the evening. We looked on line and found the Mansion District Inn Bed and Breakfast, and it looked very nice, but we never expected it to be SOOOOO nice! We were met by the hosting couple at the door and given a history of the house and a tour. The mansion is beautiful and completely restored---beautiful antique furnishings combined with the most up-to-date bathroom facilities and thin-screened TV. The shower in our room was amazing and could be turned on in many uique ways to bubble and gurgle, while you washed yourself clean. Our breakfast was served in a lovely dining room and was superb---homemade quiche and fresh pineapple broiled on a yoguart sauce. Our hosts definitely have put a lot of themselves into rebuilding this lovely home and are happy to share their knowledge of the area with their guests. Smethport was never a place we thought of to visit, but it is definitely a place we'd like to return tol

Room Tip: We had the room that faced the front of the mansion---all rooms were on the second floor and looked...
New York City, New York
Reviewed May 17, 2012

I had the good fortune to spend several days at the Mansion District Inn last week, and my stay was exceptional in every way. The mansion is exquisite, with many parlors and living rooms, and lovely grounds as well. My bedroom and bath (including Jacuzzi) were beautifully furnished and pristine. The four poster bed was the most comfortable I've slept in.
Breakfast was delicious , severed each day in the amazing dining room. I plan to return soon.
The Inn keepers were awesome too. Barbara B.

Room Tip: They are all beautiful, spacious, perfectly clean and comfortable.!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Smethport
Comfort Inn
The New Lantern Motel
The New Lantern Motel
#1 of 2 in Allegany
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Olean/Allegany

Been to Mansion District Inn Bed & Breakfast? Share your experiences!