“Best We Have Ever Had”

North Country Brewing Company
Good for: Bar scene, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

The atmosphere is rustic with plenty of seating options. The craft beer drafts are made fresh and there are 10 or so choices. Sampler platters are available if you want to taste a variety. The food is all from home grown or raised cattle, pigs, chickens etc. the vegetables are also home grown. The portions are huge. The food was the best meals we have ever had and we loved their beer. They also have wine. What a special treat the whole experience was. We can't wait to go back. We had the salmon roscoe and that came as 8 oz filet with crab meat on top. I had smashed red skins and my hubby had the perfect handcut fries. It came with broccoli and asparagus. We both had a very green salad and you had other choices if you didn't want a salad. Can't comment on the dessert since we were taking a doggie bag home as it was. We were stuffed. Could have skipped that cute bread baked in a flower pot.

There are newer reviews for North Country Brewing Company

Reviewed February 11, 2014

I got the sampler - you get to choose 6 beers (2oz) for $6 - well, they don't tell you that a few of them are double so I paid $10? crazy!? My chicken salad looked old and tired and was not what I would call fresh - I still loved my maple walnut dressing though - YumO.... my friend ordered the ginger chicken and I could see she was disappointed - it really did not look appetizing - it came out w/ a thick dark heavy sauce on it. She gave me a breast and it did taste ok. I like the heavy beer bread - but, she did not. The service was a tad slow but overall pretty attentive.

Reviewed February 1, 2014 via mobile

This place is my favorite local spot. However, it really chaps my bumm to see multiple tables open for 20 minutes or longer when you're running an hour wait. Then have your idiot hostess boy get snotty with me when I ask about them. Or better yet, tell me "nope. Nothing open on the patio" when there are clearly three open tables. Get your act together, people. In addition, I take offense to your staff taking smoke breaks when you're running that long of a wait. It's called "hot times". You smoke when you're off a wait. Infuriating.

3  Thank Regularguy1976
Reviewed January 28, 2014

We went here on a recent trip and really enjoyed the place.
It was a Friday night and very busy.
However, the micro-brews made the wait much better.
The food choices are good and the flavors enjoyable.
The salad came with a super fresh loaf of bread baked in a ceramic bowl.
The servers were friendly and met all of our needs.
If in Slippery Rock this is a must try restaurant!!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

Always have a good time when I go here. The staff and other patrons are always nice and even when I go by myself I can strike up a good conversation and try some great brews. Never saw anyone acting a fool or causing a problem in this place either. The atmosphere is also great to include the upstairs bar. Haven't tried much of the food, but what I did have was excellent. I usually go here on average about once a month for the past 3 years or so.