“Really cool place with great food and beer!”

North Country Brewing Company
Good for: Bar scene, Families with children, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

The blueberry beer was really good! I have eaten here on a few occasions the crab cakes are tasty and the appetizer with hummus, apples, and cheese and pita is great! Really cool looking establishment

Reviewed February 10, 2013 via mobile

While in college I used to use the Brewery as a Friday night happy hour to sufficiently preface whatever else would happen that evening, I appreciate this place more having graduated a few years ago. I still make the trip up to the Brewery any opportunity I have for the food... Ha! Okay, the beer.

I live minutes from Pittsburgh and have full access to Penn Brewery, Hafbrauhaus, and Church Brew Works... All very formidable places with great brews but I would rather make the trip to Slippery Rock. The beer and food at the Brewery has been great since the first time I went there. Although I am slightly biased, I honestly believe the beer tops the aforementioned powerhouses in Pittsburgh in a landslide. The beer is always so clean tasting, perfect flavor, and always changing. There is nothing pretentious about the Brewery, they actually make it abundantly clear that it's a hippie joint.

My NCB growler still holds a place on my mantle and only comes down when I make the drive to the place I miss most from college.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

My wife and I love this place. The beer is always excellent and the samplers are a great way to explore their brews. The menu is quite diverse, including many vegetarian options and not just your boring pasta marinara variety. I recently had the bourbon chicken and it was wonderful, and my wife had the veggie burger ( not your hockey puck frozen type but one that was house made). Staff has always been courteous and friendly and the prices are very reasonable. The only drawback is that they don't take reservations and this place is always hopping so expect to wait. You might get lucky and snag a spot at the bar, but if you want a table you need to sign in and hang around. Any time after 7 I would expect to wait 30-45 minutes. Theres standing room though so get a pint and enjoy.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This is a great place to stop in for a meal and a beer. The prices are very, very reasonable and the food and drinks are top notch. Additionally, we absolutely love the decor and the atmosphere. I have been here several times and have never had a bad meal. There is always a very good and varied beer menu. It can get crowded at dinner time on weekends but that is not a huge problem as you can just grab a microbrew and enjoy your wait. I absolutely love the appetizers and meals we have enjoyed at this restaurant. My experience with the dessert menu (brownies a la mode) was not as good. My adivce- stick with the beers, appetizers, and dinners/lunches- skip dessert. This is a place we keep going back to and I cannot say enough good about it!!

Reviewed December 9, 2012

NCB is a great place to drink beer-Firehouse Red is my favorite and the food is good too. The reuben sndwich is really good. It is not sliced luncheon meat it is pulled corned beef and the taste is wonderful. I also like the cajun mussels off the app menu. They also have live entertainment on Monday and Tueday. I'm glad I live close so I can go all the time.