“Girl's weekend”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Slippery Rock
Reviewed October 4, 2013

My sister and I stayed here on a girl 's weekend to Grove City outlets. Te hotel is a little trick to find (the GPS address is different than the street address) but the hotel is beautiful. Breakfast was hot and good food. Hotel itself was clean and comfortable. Quiet. Would definitely recommend.

Stayed: September 2013
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock

Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife & I stayed at this hotel while visiting our son at Slippery Rock University during the family & friends weekend. They were at full capacity, but would hardly notice. The staff was friendly and helpful about places to eat. The only complaints that I have is that the walls seem to be a little thin as we could hear our neighbor talking on the phone and coughing.
The other item to notice was that the entrance to the hotel parking lot is very confusing in not there before or arriving in the daylight. We arrived at night and found the drive to the hotel very confusing.
We would however stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

My title really says it all -- but I want to emphasize the kudos to the staff -- they are helpful, welcoming and really went out of their way for us.
My only complaints really are about the very odd driveway -- it seems unfinished and could use better lighting. I also think its a little pricey for where and what it is... But it's the only gig in town so it's worth it to be close to campus when we're visiting our student!

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This appears to be a fairly new hotel. It is in good condition. The room was spotless and the bed was very comfortable. It was also quiet. Nathan, the desk attendant on the morning we checked out, was friendly and also extremely professional. All of that was definitely to the good. Not so good, however, were the following three things: 1) The driveway, which is circuitous, doesn't have nearly enough light to make it easy to navigate if one is arriving for the first time after dark. There are areas where one could easily drive off the end of the pavement into the surrounding field. 2) Breakfast was a disaster the day we were there. The hotel was full, yet there appeared to be just one employee to replenish the supply of food. Although breakfast ran until 10:00, when we arrived shortly after 9:00, there were no eggs, no breakfast meat, no fruit salad. The waffle batter also ran out. The manager did offer us a reasonable reimbursement because of this lack of food. It was disappointing, though, to plan to have breakfast at a certain time, only to discover that several items were unavailable. (Cereal, various breads, and pastries were available.) 3) The evening of our arrival, we requested a box of tissues from the attendants at the desk. Since they were checking people in, they requested that we stop back when we returned from shopping for dinner. When we got back, there was a sign on the counter saying that the attendants were away from the desk. I don't believe that any return time was indicated. In conclusion, while I did find my stay in this hotel to be pleasant, I think there is some room for improvement.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank GalFromNY10
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Decided to take a last minute shopping trip to the Prime Outlets in Grove City, PA and couldn't find anything in Grove City or Mercer, and found Slippery Rock was close by so decided to give it a try. Slippery Rock is a borough in Butler County, Pennsylvania with a population of less than 4,000 people. What a pleasant surprise. The staff was very friendly and helpful and the beds were VERY comfortable.

The free breakfast was good and had a large variety of items to chose from. Waffles (you fresh make yourself), cereals, milk (including chocolate), juice, yogurt, eggs, bacon, bagels, toast and 24/7 coffee/tea.

I did not rate 5 stars as I felt the price was a bit high for the location, but I would stay here again if I couldn't get anything closer to the Outlets.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 22, 2013

We've stayed here a few times in the last 6 months and have always been pleased. Our various rooms were clean and the beds very comfortable (we've stayed in both a king room and one with 2 queens.) The bathrooms have ample counter space, fans and good water pressure. The towels are bright white and while not brand new, they aren't worn or frayed. They offer a free light breakfast in the dining room in the mornings. In our experience the staff have always been very friendly and informative. My favorite thing about this hotel is the free tea/coffee bar that is open 24/7 (I'm a tea addict)...and my husband loves the free cookies at the front desk. The only reason I don't give it 5 stars is because we feel it's a bit over priced for its location and class of hotel. Considering it's the only hotel adjacent to the university we understand "supply and demand" drives the market, but it's still pricier than it should be. Over all we like this hotel very much.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 19, 2013

My hubby and I chose Slippery Rock as a mid way point to meet our partner for a meeting. I have never been to a hotel where all the staff is so friendly and helpful!
The breakfast was great and there was an outside patio where we held our meeting.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
Monroe Heights Hotel
Monroe Heights Hotel
#4 of 4 in Grove City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock? Share your experiences!