“Glad I, Finally Found It”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Slippery Rock
Reviewed May 29, 2013

It's a wonder this place gets mail as even Google doesn't know this place by the provided address. Check a map if your heading here.

Hotel is brand new and looks it, everything is shiny and clean. The staff, everyone on the staff, was happy. It's a pleasure to be served by people who are truly happy and have genuine smiles. I spend little time in the hotel when I travel and can't abide a Gloomy Gus.

The room was clean, well appointed and comfortable. Internet access was very good, I put my AirPort and devices to good purpose each evening. My bed will always be better but, these weren't bad. My Do Not Disturb sign was honored during my entire short stay (3 nights) with nothing being disturbed.

I'd have to get real picky to find something bad about this place, okay continental breakfast is well never what is should be.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This trip was the second time i have patronized a Fairfield Inn and Suites. the first was along I-95 in North Carolina. both experiences were good.
We were in Slippery Rock for business. Gee what a destination! Probably not at the top of anyone's list.

We arrived on a Sunday evening and while driving found no accommodations immediately in the town and adjacent to the university. Turns out we had passed and missed the Fairfield. My partner called and the front desk person said rooms were available and gave us directions. The hotel is very proximate to the University and to "downtown" Slippery Rock.

The front desk person who had given us the directions checked us in and assisted my partner with a special rate. Since it was after 7:00 PM when we arrived she gave us several suggestions for places to eat in Slippery Rock and nearby Grove city.

Our room was very near a side entrance which made unloading some equipment very easy and convenient. the room was very clean and comfortable. The included breakfast was more than adequate and the eating area very clean.

Although we booked three nights (to ensure the availability of a room with a preferred rate) we only needed two days and nights to complete our business. This accommodation was very good and since we must return to the area again soon it is where we will stay. Although there are numerous motels/hotels at the Grove City exit of I-79, this is the only hotel we found in Slippery Rock. It is extremely convenient for either Slippery Rock Univ. or for Grove City College.

Room Tip: We had equipment we had to remove from our car when not occupied so we had a first floor room (102 I...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JEDMAD_9
Reviewed April 16, 2013

Stayed 1 night on a college visit to Grove City College. This hotel is fairly new, and the staff was super nice and extremely helpful. The hotel was very clean, the beds comfy, and the bathrooms simple but functional. Just what you expect from a Fairfield Inn by Marriott. Recommend if you are staying in the Grove City or Slippery Rock area. Breakfast eggs were dry, but the coffee was as good as DD.

Room Tip: Rooms along the back offer best insulation from the ambulance sirens from the medical center across...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for one night during a visit to SRU. Conveniently located, very clean, no complaints. Plenty of options for breakfast. I will note that the front desk staff person was standing outside the front door when we were leaving smoking a cigarette. Not great for the overall impression of the hotel. Otherwise, I would recommend. Would stay again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Michelle O
Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was here last weekend with a couple of my friends and we stayed in a room with 2 beds. The front desk was so kind to let us check in early. The room was clean and comfortable. The free breakfast in the morning was awesome, and they have computers to us in the lobby. Will come back!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 10, 2013

We arrived here after driving 5 hours in a snow storm. Went to the front desk to find no reservation. It was made for the previous month. I had used Marriot reservation line .The front desk girl said "hold on". Out came Tanner she explained our situation and he said not a problem. He even gave us a choice of floor and room type. The best was he would restore our Marriot points. Excellent customer service.
As always our room was very clean. We spent 2 nights and it was cleaned both days. I do always leave a small tip for housekeeping, these girls work hard. The breakfast was standard.The area was very cleaned and stocked well. We have been here when there are sport teams and it can get busy. This time it was very quiet even though there was a wedding locally lots of people stayed here. I did have to sign a waiver at check saying we'd keep alcohol in our rooms and no smoking.
Around the corner there is a grocery store , Rite Aid, Dollar store, sandwich shops. We went bowling at Coffaro's right behind the hotel. The kids had a great time.
The school is very close. Outside the exit go straight it takes you right on campus. No need to drive thru town.
Love this place will be back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 21, 2013

i have recently stayed here for week. i have had to tell the front desk to have the cleaning ladies actually clean my room. they made my bed that had been dirtied by my son tht day without changing the sheets the 2nd time they didnt even bother to ask of i needed my room cleaned. no i did not have the do not disturb sign on my door.another thing we did not like is that there were no complimentry bananas and apples just nasty old candy not even yummy warm cookieslike most apprreciative hotels and the breakfastst consisted of the same things every other day and the lady that should be servicing the food was never around when we needed more milk or something. also the pool is wayyyyyyy over chlorinated and the water through out the hotel smells and feels and tastes like salt water. we have all broken out in what seems to feel like sunburn but is probaly chemical burn. needless to say i wil never ever reccomend this place to anyone. i will stick to the hampton inns.

• Stayed: January 2013
Holiday Inn Express Grove City-Prime Outlet Mall
Monroe Heights Hotel
Monroe Heights Hotel
#4 of 4 in Grove City

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Slippery Rock? Share your experiences!