“Worst place of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Evening Star Motel

Evening Star Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Slippery Rock
Evening Star Motel
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Slippery Rock
“Worst place of my life”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

The lady from the front desk kept saying that my room was messy just because my bed was not made by me when she would go in an clean it she didnt want any trash in the trash cans i thought thats what they are there for right trash and she got mad at my husband for spitting in the parking lot this is the worst place ever

• Stayed May 2014
3 Thank Diana G

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

If you want a clean but reasonably priced room this is the place to stay. Nothing fancy, a very clean, comfortable room, has a little refrigerator, flat-screen TV, comfortable bed, coffee maker. This is the first time I've stayed here and I will stay here again when I'm in the area. This is a well maintained older hotel, the room was cool when I walked in and had a clean smell which is unusual with older hotel but this place is taken care of! The lady who checked me in was friendly and helpful as to where to eat and what to do in the area for the night. The only complaint, if you can call it a complaint, is that I like baths but the room only had a shower; given the cleanliness, price and comfort, I don’t consider not having a bathtub a detriment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
7 Thank Karen E
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

If you want inexpensive/no frills, inexpensive, but clean place to sleep, this is it. Again, nothing fancy, but room was clean/bed was comfortable. Would stay again when in the area. Appreciated coffee pot in the room and even a small refrigerator.

The owner was friendly at check-in and had a sense of humor given that among our friends there were silly conversations going on.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank LuvDayTrips
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Over the past two years I have stayed at this Motel several times on business trips. I have tried other Hotels / B&B's in this area and always come back to the Evening Star. Its cheap and clean!
I travel for work constantly and I have never experienced anything but a satisfying experience from this small family owned motel. Its not 4 star accommodations but clean and what I expect for a motel at this price.

Room Tip: It's an old school motel that's clean. Very Rare! Ask if its heavily booked.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank M M
Charlotte, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2012

The shag carpeting of days gone by are replaced by burber carpet. New lamps since last year and the parking lot has been repaved. The rooms are roomy, and clean with window AC and wall Heating. Each room has a coffee maker, plasma TV, soap and shampoo. The single room showers have a seat, which is nice. There is an ice machine and small vending area at the motel. Everything you need for a good night's sleep at a great price. Less than a mile off 79 and just a few miles to slippery rock with restaurants, and everything else you need, even a laundry. Next door is a produce stand and a Dairy Queen. The chinease restaurant delivers.

Room Tip: get a room at the end of the row. Don't get next to the ice machine or the office, as people com...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 Thank trekkergirl1701
Bloomington, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2012

We pulled up after calling to let the folks know we would be late..no problem.
As soon as we got out of our car the proprietor came scurrying across the parking lot telling us no pets. Okay, we were misinformed.
The room.. Well, if you like urine stains and shag carpeting and bare bulb lamps you have found nirvana.

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank InterestedMarine

Travelers are raving about these Slippery Rock hotels

Prospect
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2011

I stayed here with my son in a wheelchair. The manager provided us with a ramp to get into the room., The room was big and roomy for turn around space but no accessible bathroom. If you need a bath that is accessible, then you cant stay here. The place is clean, quiet and easy to access from 79. The price relfects that. If you want fancy and modern, go pay three times as much and stay in grove city. I will definately go back here as we enjoyed our stay and found the motel to be quite nice, old and outdated yes, but then how much time do you really spend in your room? I would rather spend the money to go out and have fun!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Hampton Inn & Suites Grove City
Monroe Heights Hotel
Monroe Heights Hotel
#4 of 4 in Grove City

Been to Evening Star Motel? Share your experiences!