“poor service and "doubled" bill on credit card”

Hotel Manor Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Slate Run
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Several years ago I ate there for mothers day.Meal was OK. Took one hour to get beverages. It was another 1/2 hour till our meal came. Used a credit card and later found I was "doubled" billed for the tip. I called and spoke to the owner. He didn't return my call after he said he would. Several weeks later I called and spoke to him again.He advised he had not checked my situation out but would call me. HE NEVER CALLED AGAIN!!! After several months dealing with my card company they removed the "double tip". POOR MANAGEMENT

5  Thank chuck1947
There are newer reviews for Hotel Manor Restaurant

Reviewed December 11, 2012

I stayed in one of their rooms, which I would also rate as excellent. The food is fantastic, and the view is even better!

Reviewed September 12, 2012

The location of Hotel Manor is scenic and peaceful. However, the food and the service are really hit or miss. The bar area is very uncomfortable and bright. I miss the cozy bar atmosphere of the old building. Just be advised, you may or may not receive a decent meal and good service at this establishment.

1  Thank peachgirl_10
Reviewed August 26, 2012

The menu is extremely limited and overpriced. And the waitstaff is unbelievably rude. You should never go here and the following is why:

My daughter and I visited Hotel Manor in August 2012. We waited for a table to be cleared (not a big deal). The lady who cleared the table said, "Your waitress will be with you shortly." Nothing out of the usual so far.

Flash forward ten minutes. All other customers have been waited on except my daughter and I. Thinking it is an oversight, we attempt to get our waitress' attention. We know she's our waitress because the person who cleared our table is the only other waitress near to our table. The waitress pretends not to hear us and scoots around the dining area to avoid walking by our table.

Interesting.

Flash forward another ten minutes and many attempts to gain attention from the waitress. I walk up to the waitress and ask her if she could please get our waitress, as we have been waiting a while.

Boy, did I ever open up a can of worms!

Apparently, the two waitresses were feuding over tables and neither one wanted our table. This had nothing to do with my daughter and I, since they don't know us. It was simply a case of two bickering waitresses with a grudge against each other behaving in a passive aggressive manor toward the customer.

Ten minutes later, a waitress showed up. She was upset about losing her battle of wills with the other waitress and decided to take it out on my daughter and me. Needless to write, I didn't eat at this place.

And, neither should you.

4  Thank Juliette T
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Interesting.

Boy, did I ever open up a can of worms!

And, neither should you.