“Good Adventure for Beginners”

Skytop Lodge's Adventures
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Skytop
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have done tree-top adventures and zip-lining previously, especially in Costa Rica. Our kids really enjoy this type of activity so it was great finding this opportunity only a few hours outside of Philadelphia. For us, it was more fun than adventure. But, for first-timers, it would be challenging and exhilarating. The price is reasonable, and the guides are attentive and helpful. The only complaint we had was the lack of gauging the ability of members of the group in the tour. Yes, we had experience, but we had a family, with a young and small girl, who had not previously done a tree-top or zip-lining adventure. The zip-lining is basic. Strap in and hold on. No breaking required. Therefore, the family quickly caught on. However, for the climbing and rope parts of the tour, it was another story. Mom quickly dropped out, but Dad very slowly creeped along the obstacles, and the young girl constantly froze and cried. I respect their desire to do the adventure, but the tour operators should have recognized the different skill levels and broke up the group to allow others to not have to stand around doing nothing for inordinate amounts of time. There were other guides available that could have been sent out to split up the group. For novices, or those seeking a fun time while visiting the Poconos, I would recommend this adventure.

All reviews
"ninja warrior"
"hiking boots"
"outdoor adventure"

Reviewed July 16, 2013

My husband & I had a GREAT time at the Adventure Center yesterday. The Zipline Challenge was so much fun and I can't wait until my kids are old enough so I can take them, too. Our guide, Brendan, was friendly and helpful. The course itself takes about 2-3 hours depending on how fast your group gets through the obstacles. If I had any complaint it would be a few of the others in our group (children) that were not following rules (being totally unclipped from the lines is dangerous!) and their parents that really slowed us down...so slow that the group that started 1/2 hour behind us caught up to us. It's no fault of the Adventure Center just luck of the draw when making reservations & being placed with random people. They run a Living Social deal every few months which is a great deal. Overall I'm very satisfied with my experience and plan on going back to try the other activities offered.

2  Thank Angela D
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Imagine 4 women in their mid-50's doing a challenging course! Maybe we were not the most graceful but had so much fun and a true sense of accomplishment (and no one got hurt!)

3  Thank Linda D
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We bought the living social package for two for zip lining. It was SO much fun. We got way more than our money's worth. It isn't just a few zip lines and that's it, there are multiple roles courses as you make your way through the trees. Our guide was friendly and fun. It is active and very physical but so much fun that you barely noticed. Take gloves if you don't want to buy theirs but you will definitely need them. Also, take big spray!