“Great place for everyone”
Review of Skytop Lodge

Skytop Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skytop
Reviewed August 22, 2014

This old hotel has everything to do. I brought my eighty year old parents and they were quite content with the atmosphere. First of all, you drive on a scenic road that leads up to the main house. There is a lovely lake that you could rent kayaks or take a swim. There is an arcade in the basement of the hotel that even had a small miniature golf course. Very small but useful.
The courtyard is filled with beautiful flowers everywhere.
The meals were included in the price. I would suggest eating at the main house. The selection and quality of food was much better than the restaurant by the golf course.
I played tennis and took a lesson while my husband golfed.
If you are traveling with a family, there is so much for the kids to do. There is zip lining, arcade, nature walks through streams, paint ball, etc. there is a whole list of activities.
As I mentioned before, I was traveling with two eighty year old. After dinner in the main lodge, they had a band play. My parents were able to dance which made them so happy. There are many couches in the lobby to watch others dance too.
I played horseshoes, archery, hot on a putting green too. Like I said, tons to do. There is even a vegetable garden on the property where they pick fresh herbs for your dinner meals.
It is a little costly but I was able to find a groupon that cut the cost in half. It was well worth it.
I would highly recommend this place. It looks like an old estate but was actually built as a hotel. I stayed I the main lodge. The rooms are a little small but manageable. There are also cottages and cabins to stay in. They would be great for families.
Highly recommend this place!!
The staff was wonderful. My father was very cold at dinner and the waiter brought him a sports jacket to wear. I thought that was superb service!!! Have fun!

Room Tip: Main lodge rooms are a little small but manageable. The cabins are great for families but they are f...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Desiree K
Douglas H, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded September 29, 2014

Dear Desiree K,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that your family enjoyed visiting Skytop. We offer activities and amenities for all ages in a beautiful, historic setting. I shared your kind comments with our team today and they are glad that you had a memorable stay.

I look forward to meeting you on a future visit.

There are newer reviews for Skytop Lodge

Reviewed August 19, 2014

My wife and I were in the main lodge which is huge, old but charming. Son and family were in cottages which are newer and more modern. Food and service great and tons of activities for grandchildren who thought it was the greatest vacation ever.

1  Thank Walker067

Dear Walker067,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I sincerely appreciate your kind words and shared your review with my team. We look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop soon.

Reviewed August 14, 2014

Beautiful Hotel, charming location, but staff was poorly trained & lack of knowledge on hotel and ammenities. Limited choices for meals at the hotel, no information in room (standard binder with hotel & surrounding businesses information) on hotel facilities, hours & offerings.
We would consider going back since we were told there was new management, but would not be for quite a while.
Endless possibilities if managed correctly!

7  Thank Ben & Suzanne D

Dear Ben & Suzanne D,

Thank you for your feedback. Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconsistencies in service you encountered during your stay. This does not represent Skytop’s normal level of service. We currently place a “Resort Guide” in all of our guest rooms, which provides information about the Lodge, including dining, activities and outlet hours. Additionally, we have coached our team to ensure that they are well-versed in Skytop’s offerings and amenities.

We hope to welcome you back to Skytop soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Lots of activities for the whole family. Beautiful setting. Streamside Cottages are lovely. Food is excellent, the breakfast buffet in addition to the menu is fabulous. We have been in summer and fall; go in the summer when everything is up and running.

Room Tip: Stay in Streamside Cottages or the Inn

Dear Susan D,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in the Streamside Cottages, which offer more secluded accommodations with a beautiful view. Skytop is an all-season resort, offering activities to enjoy in each season of the year.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

The resort is a great place to take fails and meet with friends. It takes you back to a simpler time when visiting and outdoor activities were the "in" thing to do. The staff is always great, the rooms clean and comfortable and the grounds are amazing.

Room Tip: if yo can get a room overlooking the lake the view is amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Phillyhotelsnob,

Thank you for the kind words. I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay. Our mission is to preserve Skytop’s traditions while providing our guests with memorable experiences. Skytop is a grand, historic resort, supported by a team that strives to provide world class service at every level.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop soon.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Loved being back at Skytop after 40 years..beautiful setting , lots of activities for adults and kids. Food could be better in main dining room but was excellent In the Tap Room. Skytop has a wonderful sense of history about it and I am so happy they still are a quality resort

Room Tip: Bathrooms are small but if you want the Ritz then go yo the Ritz!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends

Dear Dan M,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Skytop is a special place and we are fortunate to have long-standing guests like you to help us preserve Skytop’s history and traditions.

I look forward to meeting you on a future visit to Skytop.

Reviewed August 13, 2014

Due to a broken toe, I had to cancel our European trip. At the last minute we found Skytop which would be more manageable. There is something for everyone. It is a full service Grand Old Hotel. Really helpful staff, good food, many and varied activities. Good for couples as well as families. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Be sure to check the mattress when checking in. Ours was way too soft. But the accomodating staff im...
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ptpRiverVale

Dear ptpRiverVale,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that your stay at Skytop exceeded your expectations. Our team endeavors to provide world-class service throughout the resort. I shared your kind comments with them and they are glad you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop soon.

President & General Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Skytop
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Skytop Lodge? Share your experiences!