“serenity with a splash of adventure” 5 of 5 stars

Skytop Lodge
3.5 of 5 Resort (All-Inclusive)   |   One Skytop, Skytop, PA 18357-1099   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skytop
Tenafly
“serenity with a splash of adventure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

I booked Skytop for a milestone birthday getaway for my fiance. I wanted something quiet but with activity as well - this was IT. The lodge was beautiful, the grounds and views as well. Our first day, we walked the main lodge, enjoyed tea and cookies, had dinner at the tap room (yum!). Relaxation!! Our second day, we had breakfast (included in the bed and breakfast plan) went for a hike, sat on the porch, then went off to the adventure center for ziplining (really awesome, and our guide, Doug, was great!!). After our adventure, it was off to the whirpool and indoor pool. It was EXACTLY the getaway i wished for, and exactly the one we had. I was nervous going outside of our "vacation comfort zone", which usually includes beaches, sun and slot machines, but we were both very glad we did.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dana A
Douglas H, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this review, May 19, 2014
Dear Dana A,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Skytop certainly is not a “typical” Poconos resort, as we offer an abundance of activities that couples and families of all ages can enjoy in a beautiful, natural setting. I am pleased that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay.

Vice President & General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
Media, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014 via mobile

We took advantage of a Living Social deal to experience a weekend get-a-way. We were pleasantly surprised to find something that many have enjoyed since the 1920's. Perfect for families, lots to do, good food and a pleasant staff. This is an old fashioned resort that is relevant today. We will return.

Stayed April 2014
Dear Scott S,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I appreciate your kind comments and shared your note with our team. They are pleased to know you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop soon.

Rising Sun, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Beautiful Resort; lots of activities and a wide variety of places to eat on the premises. We were there for a marriage conference and didn't have time to do much else while we were there but I would like to take my kids back during the warmer months for a getaway as there seemed to be many activities for them.

1 Thank Amanda B
Dear Amanda B,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Skytop is a four-season resort, offering activities from hiking and boating in the summer to skiing, tobogganing and ice skating in winter. We hope to welcome your family back to Skytop to enjoy all we have to offer.

4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014 via mobile

We stayed in a cottage that was well kept clean and had everything we needed as part of a couples/marriage retreat. Wonderful experience. I highly recommend this hotel as well as the Family Life convention to anyone married or getting married it changed my life

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Sabbbby
Dear Sabbbby,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations during your stay. I shared your kind comments with our team and they were glad to know you enjoyed your visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop.

Newtown, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

A celebration weekend (my girlfriend's ## birthday) had me returning to this resort after 47 years! (I was last here with my grandparents celebrating their 50th anniversary). My adolescent memories were great and still accurate today… this is a wonderful historic property with an elegance you don’t often find any longer. The most modern amenities of other newer resorts may be difficult to match, but Skytop Lodge has the goods and offers some comforts that are just not available elsewhere.

We choose a stream side cottage (2 detached buildings each with 4 connectable rooms) over the Lodge or Inn. Our room was great; comfortably large, clean, and very private… the detractor… it’s a pretty long walk away from the main lodge (where the amenities, dining, and activities are centered)… a shuttle is an easy phone call away. the WiFi didn't extend into these rooms, but worked fine in the main lodge.
Reading some reviews,I was dissuaded from the older main lodge due to privacy and smaller guest rooms, but in retrospect, on our next trip we'll opt for the lodge due to convenience, especially during the winter.

The ambiance of the main lodge is grand. A quiet moment reading book in the library, warming up by the large hearth, an cocktail in the venerable taproom, afternoon tea, a stroll in the gardens. This is a resort and as such they have provided a lot of entertainment opportunities on site… we stayed here during one of the longest winters in recent memory and although spring was trying, the cold and wet prevailed. This kept us mostly inside, but we did avail ourselves of the billiard room, the tap room, and the indoor skating rink. This property is gorgeous and I want to be here during warmer weather to stroll further into the gardens & hike the local trails. (I not a golfer, woe is me)

The highlight of our weekend was dining. We opted for the full american plan in the Windsor Dining Room. We kept the same excellent table and superior service staff throughout our stay. The menu was diverse and the cuisine was prepared and presented extremely well. I liked that there still remains a dress code for evening meals. I am a foodie and covet excellent service. Our dining experience offered everything and more….(when was the last time you were served finger bowls?).

Overall, Skytop Lodge met and exceeded my expectations. A fine resort with excellent old world amenities and service. If you want glitz and glamour, this may not be your first choice, but if you want to feel relaxed and pampered in a bucolic setting, this should be on your short list. (I won’t wait another 47 years until I return again).

Room Tip: We choose the stream side cottage... in warm weather, these rooms would be excellent, but during the...
2 Thank Scott S
Dear Scott S,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. An important part of our mission is preserving Skytop’s history and tradition while providing our guests with upscale accommodations and a variety of activities. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and we were able to meet and exceed your expectations.

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

Very nice resort, friendly staff and loved the historical feel. Cons - small room, our king size bed was two twins pushed together and we had enough room to walk around the bed...that was it. It would have been very nice to have had a coffee pot in the room as well as a mini fridge but neither were there. The walls are very thin! We could hear everything in the next room as well as the staff talking in the hallway. The TV was quite dated and small with its built in VCR. Anyway, for the money...we kind of expected more. Over all nice, just lacking.

• 2 of 5 stars
5 Thank Andy N Mandy H
Dear Andy N Mandy H,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that overall you enjoyed your stay at Skytop.

Please accept my apologies for the conditions you found in your room. We will be sure to take your feedback into consideration in the future redesign of our guest rooms.

We hope to welcome you back to Skytop soon.

Barryville, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

I will give my only negative review first. Our bed. We had a king size bed in our room and realized as soon as we were ready to call it a night that there was a huge bump sticking up in the middle. The next evening my husband called the front desk to mention it and he was told that yes, they put two twin mattresses together. Although we were thankful for the honesty, it was a little awkward sleeping with two different mattresses in both firmness and height put together.
On to the positives....We spent the whole weekend inside due to a very rainy weekend. We roamed around and checked out the whole place. It is not modern (it's not supposed to be) but it is clean, comfortable, and has a very relaxing atmosphere. Every staff person smiles, says hello, how was your day, can I help you, and goes out of their way to make you feel comfortable and welcome. We chose the Tap Room for our first dinner and went back for lunch and dinner the next day also. There were other options for dining, but we enjoyed the food so much and wanted the casual atmosphere. Our waiter was super, but from what we could see, all of the wait staff were very friendly and accomodating. Our room was a Lakeview King and was small, but very clean. Our room was at the end of a little hall off the main hall, with a door caddy corner to ours, which could be an adjoining room also, with a door inside. The only downfall to that was you could hear the people in the next room, so we kept talking very quietly imagining they could hear us also. We expected that in an older hotel also. Since it was just my husband and I and no children with us, we were very happy with our room and our stay there. On Saturday evening we went to the Pine Room, which is the main lobby where there are sofas and chairs in all different locations to sit. We were able to sit by the fireplace and listen to the band play. They had a little interactive dance competition to get everyone involved and it felt very much like something from many years ago. Where the simple things are what brought everyone together to have some fun. We could hear the music pretty well from our room when we went back upstairs, because our room was above the Pine Room, but it quieted down early enough. Overall, we were very, very happy with Skytop Lodge, and I had been concerned about some reviews I had read before our trip. This is my first review I have ever written for Trip Advisor, although I use it all the time. I felt strongly enough about our visit at Skytop deserving another great review. If you want modern and NYC like, then Skytop is not for you, but if you want historic, character, along with cleanliness than don't hesitate to go. We were visiting for a marriage conference, but have already looked into returning with our children. They would love it also.

Room Tip: We noticed the Lodge mini suite was a very nice size.
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank MikeandKim04
Dear MikeandKim04,

Thank you for providing your feedback. I am pleased that we were able to meet and exceed your expectations. I shared your kind comments with our team and they were pleased to know you enjoyed your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Vice President & General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skytop
The Inn at Pocono Manor
Pocono Palace Resort
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
3.5 of 5 stars 1,856 reviews
The Lodge at Woodloch

Been to Skytop Lodge? Share your experiences!