Skytop Lodge
Chestnut Grove Village(Cresco)(Great Value!)
$107
Paradise Stream Resort(Mount Pocono)
$179
Mount Airy Casino Resort(Mount Pocono)(Great Value!)
$209
$203
Hotel M, Mount Pocono(Mount Pocono)
$96
Hotels.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Mount Pocono)
$260
ComfortInn
$110
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region(Lake Ariel)(Great Value!)
ComfortInn
$170
$106
BestWestern.com
$89
$81
1,282 results
All reviewsdining roomtea roomgolf courseadventure centerping pongthe cottagesice skatingzip lineindoor pooloutdoor activitieslawn bowlinghiking trailshorseback ridinggrounds are beautifuldog sleddingold world charmmeal plan
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We had a real mixed experience at skytop. In my opinion the strengths of the resort are the employees and the grounds. Every single entry level employee we dealt with was polite, helpful, and engaging. The waiters were excellent, the bellhops were excellent, just first class all around. The Lodge itself is very nice and the food was top notch.
Unfortunately there are some serious issues with the booking process. We ordered a travelzoo voucher and getting in touch with the reservations department was a major ordeal. By major ordeal I mean impossible for 2 days.Then I was initially denied booking a weekend date when the voucher clearly stated weekends were included. It took two more days of calling and playing phone tag to finally resolve the situation and we were upgraded to the inn. Which I thought was a nice gesture on their part. Problem solved or so I thought.
Then when we arrived on the day of our reservation the employee at the Inn made a unhappy face. He was stuck explaining that while we were in the computer with reservations no one had ever actually reserved a room number for us. The kicker was that the inn was also completely booked. He called the manager and we spent a half hour waiting for management to call him with a solution to the problem. We would probably still be there waiting for that call. We were then forced to go to the main lodge and wait on line for another 10 minutes to speak to a manager. Then that manager had us wait while they called another manager at home who was off that day. At this point I was waiting for the hidden cameras to come out and tell us this was all a joke. Eventually we were upgraded to the cottages which we both really liked. Unfortunately we spent a nerve racking 2 hours quite annoyed and not sure if we were going to have a room that night. The situation was so weird that bellhops and other random employees ended up asking us if we finally got a room. They did the right thing in the end. However I've had the same problem solved in about 10 minutes at a Holiday Inn and this took way too long. I also didn't appreciate being ignored at the inn for a half hour. The other issue was that the day we checked in the weather was absolutely gorgeous and the rest of the weekend rained. We really would have loved to have those 2 hours back to enjoy the property.
Everything after check in was quite enjoyable. As I said previously the food was excellent. We both had massages at the spa and I thought they did a great job and the price was very fair. I also ordered flowers for the girlfriend and not only did she love them they helped me surprise her at the spa. We even had a great apple pie milkshake at the ice cream parlor. So I would love to return and recommend Skytop. The employees work hard and get a lot of the little things right. Unfortunately its tough to enjoy all that without a room.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank justanotherike
Reviewed October 16, 2013

The cottage was spacious, with a deck, a well sized, clean, new bathroom. Located on a golf course the gem of landscape, paths and various activities is aging but very well maintained. The three meals included were surpringingly enjoyable and I truly recommend the outstanding lobster risotto cake. The view from the top floor of the lodge is outstanding and that alone is worth the drive. BTW, if it's your cup of tea, Mount Erie Lodge Casino is a short drive away. Sky Top is a destination worthy of your investigation. Search for a Groupon Coupon.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Douglas H, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear Brian G,

Thank you for providing feedback with respect to your recent stay. Our team endeavors to preserve Skytop’s historic charm and natural beauty while providing our guests with world-class service. I shared your review with them today and they were glad to learn you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

I must start with WOW this place is amazing. Everyone was very nice, our room clean and the grounds absolutely beautiful. We enjoyed walking around and seeing the property and had a nice time on the veranda on the rocking chairs reading and relaxing.
Many thanks to Michelle Westcott for her hospitality.
I am looking forward to planning our conference with you.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ididit_10

Dear Brian G,

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed October 15, 2013

Went away Columbus Day weekend with my husband and 2 children- ages 5 and 10 months. Was very impressed with Skytop Lodge, the grounds are immaculately maintained and the staff is very friendly and helpful. Much thought has been extended to make sure that there are activities to meet everyones needs. The food is very good and although I was extremely hesitant about attending dinner as it is a somewhat formal sit down affair with 2 young and oftentimes unpredictable little ones the staff was extremely accommodating and didnt make us feel out of place with the gentry. A special note of appreciation to Jose, Stanos, and Lynn!
The cabins were cozy and sufficient although I do have to agree with the other reviewers that the beds are extremely noisy when wanting to just turn over or get in and out of bed. While very clean, there was a somewhat musty smell perhaps due to the fact that the decor is a bit older and there is alot of carpeting. As a allergy sufferer, I was concerned this would flair up, but opened up the windows during the day and turned on the air in the evening and it was fine.
A great getaway for those who want to break free from the busy city or suburban life and just get away and chill for a few days. The environment is very tranquil and serene, and the facility does its utmost to ensure that you have a relaxing quaint experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank NMThomas
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We went to skytop to celebrate our 30th birthdays. We spent the first day doing the adventure center tree course and zipline. So much fun but a definite work out ( even for two fairly athletic people!) Overall our best experience while there. Also went kayaking on the lake and hiked which is well worth it since the grounds are beautiful ! I also have to say that the staff there are wonderful and friendly. The one major complaint I have( and yes I told them) is please get new mattresses and update the rooms! I've never had such an uncomfortable nights sleep! Also our breakfast was nothing to brag about the eggs were pretty rubbery but the tap room food was yummy! Overall I think if the prices weren't so rediculous and updates were made we would go again but for now I'll stick to day trips there !The grounds are worth the trip..

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank Aeiven

Dear Aeiven,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your experience at our Adventure Center. Skytop is the perfect venue for many outdoor adventures, including our Treetop Adventure Course, hiking and biking our miles of trails and kayaking on the lake.

Please accept my apologies for the conditions you found in your room. Your comments will be helpful as we plan the upcoming redesign of our guest rooms.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop soon.