“a treasure”
Review of Skytop Lodge

Skytop Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skytop
Reviewed October 5, 2013

Beautiful and majestic old stone lodge nestled in the middle of the Poconos. The best activities one could ever ask for--gorgeous lake and trails to hike. Made us want to bring the grandkids and come again in the summer. Stunning views of the mountains and Fall foliage brought us here and we were not disappointed. Oh-if you are used to plush hotel rooms and cutting edge meals, bring your adaptability gene a it is a bit of a time warp in that regard but wouldn't life be boring if all places were cookie cutter the same? The character of this place far exceeds its dated furnishings and unimaginative food(which is tasty albeit forgettable).

We will return and we are fussy!

Thank you Skytop staff...we know many of you are invisible to us yet helped to make our stay magical.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank amy s

Reviewed October 1, 2013

My husband and I could only stay 1 night, but we enjoyed every minute we were at Skytop. We had a good lunch buffet and then took a bike ride to the water falls. We saw a great heron at the falls...lots of good pics. We spent time reading on the porch and then had a lovely dinner. We probably would have gone to the hot tub after dinner, but the pool closes early. That is the only change I would make...keep the pool open until later. Because the resort wasn't very crowded we did not have a breakfast buffet...instead everyone ordered off the menu. I had eggs Benedict which was filling. The food choices always seem to include unique things...I think there was a trout dish with caviar. I told a friend about Skytop because she would love to see all the fun things on their menu. Foodies will enjoy the selections! We also played tennis and used their exercise room...it was great to have so many choices included in our room rate. I booked using a travelzoo voucher and was told at the time of making the reservation that there would be a $45 addl fee to cover gratuities and taxes. I still got a great deal and was happy that I never needed to carry around my wallet to make sure I had tip money. We also went zip lining...I will write a separate review for that on the adventure center's TA page. If u have the time...I recommend zip lining. We had great weather and the trees were just starting to turn colors...so it was a good time of year to visit. I hope to visit again....kudos to the staff...it's a great place!

Room Tip: We had room 316 which had views of the lake....nice, clean room.
1  Thank kendrash
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

It was a surprise birthday gift getaway and such a pleasant surprise. The grounds were breathtaking. There were trails available for the novice and experienced we chose just a couple to try which were just fine for us. This was our first visit to this lodge and I found the front desk lacking immensely. Services were fine but again except the front desk. I wasn't impressed with their assistance. Every time we asked stopped to ask a question or something they were unpleasant regarding anything. The rest of the staff was cordial and pleasant they made our stay enjoyable. Definite return visit in our future.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Christine L
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Visited Skytop Lodge this weekend for a zipline adventure course. My hubby and I had no idea what to expect, and we were not disappointed. The location of the Adventure Center is a little hard to find (don't turn in to Lodge at all but go down road for another 3/4 mile), so we were late for our session. But they were very relaxed about it and let us in anyway. Got geared up and headed outside for a quick demo on a very easy course. Scary, but then laughable after we had finished and saw how small it was, and remembered how nervous we had been at the start. Our guide Adam was awesome, and really went slow and took care of us. The course was extremely intimidating for most of us, as we were mostly middle aged and not used to adventure courses! But being fully harnessed and always attached helped to alleviate our fears a little. The course was advertised as a zipline adventure, but really was a full-on ropes course high up in the trees (not too high though, maybe 15 - 35ft). The zip lines were the easy part, just hold on and enjoy the ride! The obstacles from tree to tree were physically demanding and SCARY!!! Which equals super fun and makes you feel like a rock star to accomplish. Overcoming fears is an amazing feeling, especially for this mother of 2 :) I highly recommend this zipline adventure course.....keep your eyes out for a Living Social deal!!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank schwamp
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I visited Skytop Lodge in September it was great experience the food excelent. I would like to go back with my family and Gr. kids in the summer. There is a lot of activities to do,
I believe that in the summer I will enjoy the beach and do more activities

Room Tip: I was the Lodge the view was beatiful
1  Thank Faceb00k319
Reviewed September 28, 2013

Skytop is a beautiful lodge set in the Pennsylvania mountains. The staff is extremely friendly and the grounds are spacious. Loved the beautiful lobby. Enjoyed a walk around the lake. The grounds are kept very well-- flowers were abundant and colorful. Golf course looks great even though we did not play. The lodge has any type of activity you could want to do. I would recommend this lodge to everyone - families, couples, girls getaway.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

Loved our stay at Skytop. Perfect place to have a family reunion. Accommodations for 20 plus people and the option of the main lodge or cottages makes it appealing for families or singles. The dinning room is perfect for large gatherings. The grounds are breathtaking. The unending list of activities and the value of the all inclusive stay makes this place great!!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank 70MelLo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skytop
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Skytop Lodge? Share your experiences!