“So relaxing!”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Skytop
Pittston, PA
“So relaxing!”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

My husband and I stayed overnight at Skytop to celebrate our anniversary. We had a king mini-suite room which was spacious, clean, and had beautiful views. Our rate included 3 meals daily and each meal was delicious. We ate in the main lodge dining room and sat at a window overlooking a flower garden. The staff was friendly and made an effort to speak to us and make sure everything was good. For recreation, we took two hikes on wooded trails that went past streams and waterfalls. We also took a walk around the lake. If we had more time, we would have tried some other activities. We did enjoy afternoon tea in the main lodge with fresh baked cookies. It was a really relaxing getaway for us. We really enjoyed our trip and would love to return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Polish first
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I was at Skytop for a business event and took the opportunity to go mountain biking and try out their zip line/ropes course. They have an extensive bike rental fleet and a terrific trail network. We rode up the road adjacent to the ski trails and then around the top of the mountain. Beautiful scenery with a great view of the Delaware water gap. The ropes course is really three separate courses. The staff does a great job leading small groups through progressively more difficult courses . Fall seems like the ideal time to take advantage of all Skytop has to offer. Great time!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Brooks1976
Douglas H, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Dear Brooks1976,

It was great to meet you during your stay and show you some of the beauty on our 5,500-acre resort. I am looking forward to riding with you again on the mountain bike trails at Skytop.

Feasterville
Reviewed September 6, 2013

I co-own a home in Avalon, N.J., and love the beach. Have been to the Poconos as little as possible. This experience was very different from past visits. The Lodge is beautiful, everyone was not only professional, but genuinely friendly, this includes other visitors as well
as staff. The food was excellent, there were a few side dishes (maybe one or two) that were bland, but hey, everybody gets one when you are serving three meals a day. The scenery in Skytop, and Bushkill Falls is Mountain Heaven! Thank you Skytop Lodge for a most enjoyable three days....we'll be back!

Room Tip: We had a groupon, so I don't really know......"grease" the reservations desk help...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Regina P
Dear Regina P,

Thank you for your feedback. A visit to Skytop is as relaxing as a beach vacation and I am glad that we were able to exceed your expectations on your recent stay.

I shared your kind comments with our team today. They were pleased to know you enjoyed your visit.

I look forward to meeting you on your next stay.

new jersey
Reviewed September 6, 2013

If youre looking to relax with your family at an all inclusive P.A. resort, check Skytop out. We stayed in the guest cottages, which have 4 units within each cottage. Each unit has its own patio. The accomodations were nice, maybe needed to be cleaned better. If youre expecting perfection of high luxury, dont bother, you'll be disappointed. Buffet for breakfast and lunch which was disappointing. Dinner was excellent though but please make reservations or trust me, you'll be chewing gum for calories.
There is no real upbeat feeling at Skytop so dont expect a hustle and bustle or elaborate shows at night. What Skytop does offer is quality time with your family in an oustanding place. The grounds are beautiful, the hiking trails are top notch, the golf course appeared to be nice. Nice lake you can boat and fish. Trout stream is fly fishing only but the trout are there, I saw plenty. Keep in mind you need to purchase a PA fishing license and permits for everything but shore fishing with your kids. Meaning the kids can fish, but you cant. You can only help.
The pools are so so and indoor pool was cloudy our entire stay. The lake and inflatables were very cool for the kids. Most and I say MOST activities that may appeal are additional $$$$ so beware.
Try the Leavitt Falls trail. Its awesome and challenging, then leads you to the top of the falls and ultimately the bottom. The Trout Stream trail is way more tame, just as beautiful and leads you to falls as well.
Here's my advice. If you're looking for an upbeat, contemporary place with alot of activities going on and nightlife, forget it. I really don't think the cost of a stay here adds up and the service is almost non existent. If youre looking for a more reserved, relaxing, outdoor activities place for the family, give it a shot. Dont expect too much and you wont be disappointed. Make sure you check out the observation deck at the top of the resort. Amazing views at sunset and some cool history behind it. The natural setting is Skytops best attribute. Take care.

Room Tip: No high degree of luxury. Be aware and you wont be disappointed. Cottages do have a king bed, which...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank jstiggs
Dear jstiggs,

Thank you for your feedback. Skytop does provide a serene getaway in a beautiful, natural setting. Our outdoor activities are unmatched, from our trails and stream to our golf course and lake beach.

I hope to welcome you back to Skytop again soon.

Lafayette, Colorado
Reviewed September 3, 2013

This is such a great place to reconnect with your family. We drove up, were promptly escorted to our room at the Inn, and never got in the car again until 4 days later. Everything was so convenient and there was plenty to do. Although it rained one day we were there, the boys found 3 hours of no rain to play at the beach. They made friends that they saw at dinner that night and had a lot of fun! The next day was colder than we wanted and windy, but we played golf which was challenging but all had a good time. Our patio looked over the 18th hole which was the most challenging. We loved hanging out there and watch people's strategy. :) I recommend you pick up some wine and/or beer on the way there so you can enjoy sipping while watching and before you go to dinner. Our 15-yr old slept on a rollaway which was an air mattress on a platform. It wasn't as nice as a mattress but he didn't complain too much. Our 11-yr old slept on the pull-out loveseat which he liked. The room was tight but we didn't spend too much time in there so it was fine. My husband loved the fishing. We got the Family Fun Package so he could use a row-boat as much as he wanted and he caught one good-size fish and some smaller ones. The rest of us enjoyed kayaking around the lake. There are some great hikes (beginner to advanced) and biking on the property (road is too dangerous as is winding). The food was good at both places, but we enjoyed the lodge more. Our waitress at the Inn was from another country (Jamaica?) and we had a hard time communicating with her. We liked the bartenders at the Inn. Wine was very expensive ($12 for a glass of chardonnay). The kids loved the kids buffet at the lodge! The concept at the lodge is that you have the same servers throughout your stay. We never had the same server twice. We liked most of our servers but my husband is gluten-free, so we had to explain that to each server we had so that took a longer time each night. Our favorite activity was the Tree Top Adventure! It was not included in our package but was definitely the most fun of all!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Okla_State_Fan
Dear Okla_State_Fan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. Skytop is a great destination for families and I am glad to know that your family experienced the best we have to offer.

I shared your comments with our team today. They were pleased to know you enjoyed your stay.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Skytop soon.

Red Bank, New Jersey
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My family and I made a reservation months before checking into skytop on September 1st. When I arrived at the front desk with my reservation number and a print out that I reserved a streamside cottage, they told me I'm sorry but we having you staying in the inn. I said well my credit card was charged and you can see on my print out that I requested the cottage, there answer was I'm sorry but we can't guarantee what room you reserve when you get here. Which is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life, instead of apologizing for giving away my cottage, they said I'm sorry your upset because you didnt get what you wanted. They messed up on my reservation and would not own up to it.
Besides that the pool was dirty, inside on the indoor pool floor was dirty and towels had stains on it.
Must say I would never return.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Mary W
Douglas H, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Dear Mary W,

Thank you for sharing your feedback.

Please accept my apologies for the difficulties you encountered during your recent visit. I have reached out to you by email and trust that we will be able to regain your confidence in Skytop.

I look forward to speaking with you soon.

NYC
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My husband and I, along with our 19 month old daughter, stayed here for 3 nights on a Travelzoo deal which made this trip an excellent value--but I would not pay full price for this place. In short: we loved the short drive from NYC, the beautiful grounds and surroundings, the numerous activities for kids, and the buffet option for kids. What we didn't like: poor sleep quality, unremarkable room with a cramped bathroom, limited dining schedule, and the subpar food.

My daughter loved this placed, hands down. Mini golf, indoor/outdoor pool, beach, petting zoo activity, bounce house, huge reception area to run around in, and lots of strangers to flirt with--what is there not to love?

It was a bit stressful for us though. The meal schedule is too limited for families with small children--with lunch starting at noon and dinner starting at 6 pm. We had to rush through lunch in order to get her down for a nap by 12:45, and dinner was even worse since it was a 4 course sit-down and we seldomly make it to dessert since it would interfere with her 7:30 bedtime. If Skytop could start lunch at 11:30 and dinner at 5:30, that would help tremendously.

The food was hit or miss--but mostly a miss. We enjoyed many of the desserts, which was unfortunate for our waistline. Since breakfast and lunch are buffet style, a lot of stuff was just dry and unappetizing. Dinner was a vast improvement, but like I mentioned earlier, we couldn't enjoy it with a toddler in tow.

The room itself was so-so. I like a firm bed but the beds were rock hard and squeaked with every movement. My husband rolls around a lot and literally kept me up the entire first night we were there. The crib itself also squeaked like crazy, and was really tiny (our daughter's head and foot just touched both ends), so I'd recommend to other families to bring your own full sized PNP if you have a toddler. Luckily we were able to fit the crib in the walk-in closet, which helped to dampen the squeaking noise a bit (we left the doors partially open). If you decide to to the same, just make sure you disassemble the closet light fixture so that it would turn off.

All in all, I don't think my husband and I would have enjoyed this trip much if it was just the two of us. Our daughter loved it so that made us happy. We did get to enjoy a few activities: we rented bikes with a child attachment and rode along the lake and to a nearby waterfall, and we also rented a rowboat to enjoy being on the lake for a bit. I'm glad we got to do a getaway over a long weekend, but I think we will probably go back to an all-inclusive in Mexico next time...there, the adults AND the kids have a good time. ;)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank huajules
Dear huajules,

Thank you for your feedback. I am pleased that you were able to enjoy your visit overall.

With respect to our meal times, we find that the set schedule is necessary to allow for proper cleaning and set up of the dining room. We do have other dining options available, including our Tea Room and Tap Room.

Please accept my apologies for the conditions in your room. We will take your comments into consideration upon the future redesign of our guest rooms.

I hope we can welcome you back to Skytop.

Vice President & General Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Skytop
Pocono Manor Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Marshalls Creek
Cove Haven Resort
Cove Haven Resort
#1 of 2 in Lakeville

Been to Skytop Lodge? Share your experiences!