Skytop Lodge
$110
Travelocity
Paradise Stream Resort(Mount Pocono)
$179
Mount Airy Casino Resort(Mount Pocono)(Great Value!)
$169
Hotel M, Mount Pocono(Mount Pocono)
$72
Hotels.com
Travelodge Mt. Pocono(Mount Pocono)
$65
Hotwire.com
Comfort Inn & Suites(Mount Pocono)
$100
$84
Travelocity
Comfort Inn Pocono Lakes Region(Lake Ariel)(Great Value!)
$105
ComfortInn
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,268 results
All reviewsdining roomtea roomgolf courseadventure centerping pongthe cottagesice skatingzip lineindoor pooloutdoor activitieslawn bowlinghiking trailshorseback ridinggrounds are beautifuldog sleddingold world charmmeal plan
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 4, 2013

I hate writing bad reviews. This is actually the first review I have written on here. I tried to contact customer service by sending an e-mail last week, but I never received a response. The employees at the Skytop Lodge were all extremely nice and willing to help as much as possible. The bell staff, front desk and waitstaff were all awesome and amazing.

The worst part about this place was the noise. There was a party downstairs and music was blasting until 11:30pm. It was so loud that we couldn't sleep. We also were put next to a connecting room that had screaming children for 2 hours at 4am in the morning. The lodge seemed really quiet, I can't figure out why they would put people in adjoining rooms when they obviously were no where near capacity.

The other issue we had was the food. We went to the Lakeview dinner and it was really awful. The pork sliders were so dry that we couldn't even eat them. The rest of the food was edible, but nothing great. We had brunch in the main dining room the following morning and it was AWESOME. Really great food. The two different offerings aren't even comparable, really.

The last issue we had, was really not the Skytop's fault. We went dog sledding, which is run independently from the lodge and it wasn't what we had expected. We were told it was an hour experience, which we assumed meant going on the sled with the dogs for an hour. No. It was about 20 minutes of talking and 1 single lap that was maybe a mile long. Seriously. That's it. It was a nice memory for our daughter, but we would never do it again.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor and the music was blasting. I would try to get a room higher up in hopes of it not being so loud.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank Chris G
EMayotte, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 6, 2013

Dear Chris G,

Thank you for your sharing your comments in relation to your recent stay at Skytop Lodge. I apologize for the delay in responding to Jillian’s email of January 28th. We mailed the following response yesterday:

Thank you very much for sharing your Skytop experiences with me. I am delighted to know that overall your stay at Skytop was enjoyable. We are fortunate to have such a wonderful staff of caring employees that provide our guests with a great experience. However, I am dismayed that you encountered several incidences during your stay that did not live up to your expectations of Skytop. Please accept my sincere apologies for your next door neighbors that had a child up all night. I can only imagine that this was truly disruptive to your stay. We do try to segregate children throughout the Lodge but that is not always possible. Additionally, I will be sure to discuss with our Chef the food at the Lakeview Restaurant. Generally we do receive rave reviews on our food in that restaurant but I will try to determine how we can improve on it.

I will also take this opportunity to discuss with our dogsledding group to ensure that we are offering a quality experience. I know that our dogsledders want to ensure that they provide the best experience. I will certainly bring this to their attention to see if we can make improvements in that area.

In that that this was to be such a special occasion for you and your husband, I would like to invite you back to Skytop as our guest for a one room night stay excluding food. I know that we can recapture the experiences that you had at Skytop. I would like to make sure that Skytop a memorable and relaxing experience for you and your husband. Please call Randi Alejandro at (570) 595-8909 and she will be happy to assist you with your reservation.

I hope that we can welcome you back to Skytop soon.

Reviewed February 3, 2013

Our second stay at this grand old lodge. They have something for everyone, with amazing outdoor activities, and indoor fun as well. Many dining options (we loved the Tap Room) but the Meal Plan is probably best for families. They really have the formula done right here. The grounds are well maintained, and the entire staff is professional, helpful and friendly. Even though there were kids galore, everyone was well-behaved. Hard to say anything negative, except for the fact that we had to leave!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NinerKW
EMayotte, General Manager at Skytop Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2013

Dear NinerKW,

Thank you for sharing your comments in relation to your recent stay at Skytop Lodge. I am delighted that your family had such a wonderful visit. We offer so many fun activities for all ages, from indoor laser tag and nature shows to a host of outdoor activities, including skiing, snowshoeing and tobogganing. We are fortunate to have a great staff who work hard to provide such caring service to our guests.

I hope we can welcome you back to Skytop soon. Have a great year!

Reviewed February 1, 2013

We started coming to Skytop in the fall in 1998 and have tried to come back once a year since. Our extended families have all tried and fell in love with Skytop as we did on that first weekend.
From the doorman who has been there forever and welcomes us back, to the dining room servers who cater to families, to the activities to numerous to mention,there is something for everyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dmolleur

Dear sixmolars,

Great to have you back to Skytop. We sincerely enjoy having your family visit us. We are so proud of our staff and our doormen, housekeepers and dining room servers. It is truly a pleasure to have your family visit us on your annual getaway.

I hope to see you on your next stay.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Skytop Lodge is a rarity in today's world of all inclusive resorts where it's non-stop activities and crazy children let loose. Skytop is about families spending quality time together and being active outside, yet returning inside for meals in a semi-formal relaxing dining room. The activities are great and well hosted by a quality staff. The food is very good and high quality, although our breakfast server was not good or attentive. When another server noticed this, he came over to pick up the table. A hike with the naturalist on staff was great and informative.

Room Tip: Ask to stay on the ends of the main lodge. The bathrooms are bigger.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bigrichv

Dear brichv,

Thank you for sharing with us your experiences at Skytop Lodge. I am always very proud of our offerings and the commitment we have to ensure that our families have a quality retreat. We do have such a wide variety of activities. I can tell you our staff are dedicated to providing our guests with caring service.

I certainly hope that we can welcome you back to Skytop soon.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

We visited Skytop in the second week of January. The main lodge still had most of their Christmas decorations up, although they had just taken down the gingerbread house. We stayed in a cottage this time, as the main lodge was full. Their were four rooms in the cottage, and the room was fairly spacious with a back patio also. We hiked on the various trails everyday, despite the snow and some ice, including a couple of hikes with the naturalist, Rick Koval. Rick is extremely knowledgeable, and we learned a lot on his hikes. We ate all our meals in the main lodge, and the food was uniformly excellent. One nice touch is that you are assigned a table for your entire stay, and when you go to the restaurant, you simply go to your table, and the waiters appear shortly. Three meals a day are included in the room price. We arrived on Friday night and checked out on Monday afternoon. There were a lot of people there on the weekend - in part due to two weddings on Saturday, but Monday was very quiet. The next time we go will probably be in mid-week, as you feel like you have most of the resort to yourself - although not all activities are offered mid week. All in all, a relaxing enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: We prefer the main lodge, but found the cottage to be quite comfortable. Family groups may prefer a cottage, so they can all be together. We haven't stayed in the Lakeside Lodge yet, but would like to try that as well.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Wtrav77,

Thank you for sharing your Skytop experiences with me. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Rick Koval is truly a great ambassador for Skytop. He will be delighted to know that you found his guided hikes to be both educational and fun. We realize how important it is to serve a great meal to our guests. Our Executive Chef Steve Sundberg has been with Skytop for 25 years and continues to amaze me with his culinary achievements. I will be sure to pass along your kind comments to Rick and Steve as well as our entire staff. They will be happy to know that you had a wonderful stay.

I hope we can welcome you back soon!