TripAdvisor

Parc Bistro
Ranked #1 of 34 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fine dining and a charming bistro atmosphere await you in this totally refurbished 19th century roadside inn
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Jason had the place all set up and ready to go for our wedding. It was phenomenal. The food was great and omg try the crab cakes. We will have long lasting memories there. Even family member said they love the place and would book it for their weddings

Date of visit: October 2019
Write a reviewReviews (189)

Reviewed October 6, 2019

It was a crowded Saturday night at 7:30. We sat upstairs and it was noisy. The waiter introduced himself and gave us menus and two wine lists. One list by the glass had no prices. The other, by the bottle, had prices. Odd! Nothing on either list stood out so elected not to have wine.
We turned our attention to the menu. For the most part, it was plain but the entrees were somewhat cryptically described. I asked the waiter who wrote the descriptions, he said the chef. I told him I was having some difficultly in understanding. He stated that that was his job to explain. I said that I shouldn't need someone to interpret a menu and with that he said, Fine I'll come back later. We left after that.
Now we have been to restaurants all over the world including New York, Las Vegas, Paris, Athens, Venice, Rome and our last was in Napa and we just don't need to deal with a pretentious chef and an arrogant waiter in Skippack.

1  Thank Joseph K
Reviewed October 6, 2019

My husband and I were impressed by the ambiance and menu selections posted on the restaurant’s website. When we got there we were disappointed in several ways. 1) You enter into a crowded and noisy bar; 2) There were no tables on the main floor (even though we had reservations and the place was not full), so we had to climb a steep staircase to the 2nd floor; 3) The 2nd floor was also noisy - bad accoustics, we could hardly hear each other; 4) Our server was rude (ok, maybe he had a bad day, but don’t take it out on us); 5) The menu was very limited and did not include any of the items we had planned on ordering; 6) The drinks menus (2 of them) listed wines by the glass without prices (beer and other beverages also without prices). For a supposedly “fine dining” establishment and at the prices they charge, this was not acceptable. We left without ordering.

1  Thank Ellen W
Reviewed September 23, 2019 via mobile

Went for lunch on a Friday afternoon. Food was very good. Very slow service. Not a place to go if you have a time restraint.

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed September 22, 2019

We were seated upstairs in what had once been a large (Federal Period) home. This was our first visit.
I had the soup du jour, which was a corn chowder (but not cream based) and it was very good.
My wife had Ecuadorean Mahi Mahi which she loved. I had a very generous serving of lamb with fava beans and broccolini. Everything was prepared perfectly.

I suspect this was not our last visit.

Date of visit: September 2019

Been to Parc Bistro? Share your experiences!