“One of the best”

Parc Bistro
Ranked #1 of 32 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: French, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Fine dining and a charming bistro atmosphere await you in this totally refurbished 19th century roadside inn
Reviewed January 8, 2013

First we loved the way the Bistro was restored, very cosy and the warming of the fireplace added a special sense of comfort. The menu presented interesting and challenging selections. Challenging because the there was a desire to try all of the entrees but only able to experience one that evening. The salad followed by the lamb chops were both presented in such a way that the time required for such a detailed presentation was evident. The salad showed originality of mix and taste and the lamb was the best I have had! We travel to UK often where lamb is a much more common dish then in the US.
The wine list was comprehensive and the service perfect. I would highly recommend this and will return. We are on holiday and live in Italy and will carry the dining experience with us on our return!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

This is a converted old farm house and additions that is over-the-top rustic. The menu reads very well with a diverse selection of seafood, meat, and game. The three of us are lovers of protein, so the selections are skewed that direction.

We shared the Ahi Tuna Tartare as an appetizer, and had Pork, Duck, and Venison as the mains. All were above average, with the tuna and venison being outstanding.

The tuna was prepared and spiced as you would an ahi poke. Since I love ahi poke, this was a good thing. There wasn't a morsel left on the plate when we were finished.

My duck was a rare breast with a hash made from a shredded confit of the leg meat, potatoes, and mixed veggies as a side. I washed it down with a Dale's Pale Ale and the match was divine.

Dad's pork was somewhat over-done, but tasty. (his fault for ordering it medium) He is a very light eater at 89 yrs old, but he finished the pork, which is a true testimonial. His red kraut and /////// as sides were also very good.

The star of the main courses was my wife's venison. Done to a perfect medium rare, and wrapped in smokey applewood bacon, it was outrageously good. With the saffron spaetzle and sauteed spinach, it was the stuff of legend. I would go back for that dish any time.

The service was attentive without being intrusive. The bread and dip (olive oil and Romesco) were above average. Overall, it was a very good dinner. And the price was right. Including a 20% tip, we got out for under $150.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

I hesitate to write a glowing review of a home-town restaurant for fear it might encourage them to raise prices, or make it more difficult to get a reservation, but I must give this restaurant its proper tribute. They have been here in Skippack for 15 years and have been consistently good. The country French atmosphere provides a perfect mix of offhanded class and casual elegance- it is fancy without being stuffy, and does not feel at all pretentious. The waiting room, and the bar, are very comfortable and friendly. The service is very attentive without being interruptive. Best of all- the food is creative and interesting, tasty, beautifully presented, and well-prepared. On our most recent visit we started with a "blue goose" martini- grey goose vodka with two bleu-cheese stuffed olives- and a glass of the house pinot noir. Quite nice. We then started with the specials as soup and appetizers: butternut squash soup- very delicious and flavorful- intense flavor, naturally sweet. The oyster stew was also delicious; smoky and powerful with a flavor of bacon from the small bits mingled into the stew, with soft tender whole oysters. As one entree we had the diver scallops- nice caramelization, maybe a tiny bit over-browned but that's debatable, accompanied by a mushroom risotto that was very flavorful- lots of mushrooms- and a tasty vinaigrette on the salad, which was a nice contrast. The other entree was the ahi tuna, prepared rare, with a hint of pepper around the edges. It tasted fresh and tender. It was surrounded by a delicious black rice, and underlain by a very tasty vegetable curry. The mildness of the tuna, and its less warm nature due to its rareness, perhaps caused the tuna itself to be overwhelmed by these accompaniments, but they were so tasty I would not want it any other way. For dessert we tried the pecan crust-toffee mousse torte which was also very delicious. The whole meal came to about $100 for two before the tip, which makes it on the pricy side, but in this case, though I am often critical regarding prices, we thought the experience was worthy. I would recommend the place as a perfect treat for a special dinner with friends, a romantic date, or a business dinner. It could even be good for families and young children, as they also have inexpensive individual pizzas on the menu. They are definitely my favorite restaurant in town. I hope they continue with this level of restaurant for the next 15 years!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I met two other couples at the Parc Bistro for dinner on Sat. night. I was hoping it would be good, we drove from Allentown to try it out. I was very pleased by what we experienced. The service was excellent and the food was top notch. We all sampled from everyone's plate, I didn't try anything that I didn't like. The reisling infused applesauce was perfect with the pork! I really liked that we were not rushed, a great place to catch up with friends!

Reviewed November 3, 2012

We live in NJ, but came to stay at one of the hotels in Allentown after we lost power/heat in Hurricane Sandy. Our friend and her family live nearby, and invited us for dinner at this restaurant. It is located in a cute, quaint little town - full of fancy, nice-looking restaurants. The food was French, but not "too" French... and there was a casual feel to this fancy restaurant. (There's no need to dress formally for this occasion). We were very happy with overall the level of service and food.

The menu has a variety of small dishes/appetizers and large dishes/entrees, and there is a range of meat and seafood selections to choose from. The food portions were appropriate - neither too big or too small - and, everything tasted excellent. My husband had a seared tuna, and I had bay scallops... both were excellent. Our friends ordered the sirloin (one of the day's special) and a crab cake.

We had an enjoyable evening and a great meal, during an unfortunate time. We will definitely look to return to Skippack and to Parc Bistro whenever we have a chance in the future.

Been to Parc Bistro? Share your experiences!