“Three strikes you're out!”

Mal's American Diner
Ranked #20 of 29 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: American, Italian, Seafood
Lansdale, Pennsylvania
“Three strikes you're out!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

I try to give everywhere the benefit of the doubt and when I have a poor experience, I like to give a place another try! This is the 'neighborhood' diner in Skippack and we wanted to love it but after three visits over the past year, we just can't. The atmosphere is bleak. The coffee and food never quite achieve mediocre and the service is uninspired.

We've crossed this one off our list for good.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank Ann Marie E

Allentown, Pennsylvania
“Nice place for lunch”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

I stopped here for lunch on my way through Montgomery County.

The outward appearance is upscale, but the interior is strictly diner, though it is clean and well-kept.

I sat at the counter and ordered a bowl of chili, which was very meaty and flavorful. At $4.50 for the bowl, it was a good value.

I then had a grilled chicken caesar salad, which is available with a few different options. I had mine with spinach (instead of romaine lettuce) and blackened chicken. It was a very nice salad with plenty of fresh spinach leaves, an nicely blackened chicken breast that was cut into strips, and a decent caesar dressing.

Service was quick and friendly. Total cost for my meal, with a soft drink, was $18.29 plus tip.

I would stop here again. It was raining or I would have sat at one of the outdoor tables. Maybe next time?

• Visited April 2013
Worcester,PA
“Lots of food with no flavor!”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Coffee insipid. Eggs Benedict had eggs not fully cooked, english muffin not toasted at all and the sauce was totally tasteless and unworthy. Cheeseburger was worst I have ever had. The meat was nasty and not worthy of a "diner". Very disappointed.

Visited October 2012
Newtown Square, Pennsylvania
“We like it for breakfast or brunch”
Reviewed September 14, 2012

It's busy and crowed, but the food is fine for casual dining. Prices are acceptable and the service friendly. We like the large breakfast menu and the kids's selections.

Visited April 2012
Pennsylvania
“Good ol fashioned diner”
Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Old fashioned diner in a small town! Cute place with good food. Good standby when visitors are in town.