“OK Italian Restaurant”

Basta Pasta
Ranked #4 of 31 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We tried this place a few times. Although my wife seems to like her food, I found mine to be average or less. I think the prices are a bit high for what you get. Very popular place with outdoor seating. Not one of my favorites.

There are newer reviews for Basta Pasta

Reviewed May 18, 2014

Second time to the restaurant and was just as pleased as the first time. Good pasta dishes and vegetable sandwiches. Staff was accommodative and very attentive to our large group. Going back the next time to try the pizzas. Would recommend as the pasta sauces were delicious. I like the option of being able to substitute for whole wheat pasta.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

My husband took me here for Mother's Day and it was a little crazy. But our reserved table was ready and we were immediately seated once we made it to the hostess stand. Sadly, we sat there for 15 minutes before we saw anybody. Once my husband complained, the waiter came over and people ran over to get us water and bread, etc. So I think table assignments changed and we were lost in the shuffle because once we saw our waiter, he was great.
I rarely drink but I loved their pomegranate mojito...the raspberry one was a little too sweet. I didn't check out what they charged but I'm guessing more than usual considering the rest of the bill.
My kids ate off the kids' menu and they were happy with their choices (I stole some of the ravioli and it was delicious) but at $10, it was still overpriced for pasta. Most kid meals are between $6 and $8.
I had the salmon salad which was mostly mixed greens and maybe 1/6 lb of salmon. Certainly not that exciting. My husband had the orrechiete with sausage and broccoli rabe and we agreed that it didn't taste heavy...certainly more Italian than Italian-American which we like. Again, it was $20 and there wasn't that much sausage....and pasta is pretty cheap. I'm guessing everything is hand-made which does pick up the price but it still seemed a little pricey.
We certainly would never come back with our kids because it just didn't make sense expense wise.

Reviewed March 27, 2014

I knew I was taking a risk ordering seafood at this nice, casual Italian eatery. But, a friend said the crab cakes were very good and the menu said "Jumbo Lump" crab cakes. So, I gave them a try. The 2 star rating is for this dish, not the others at our table. There was not one jumbo lump anywhere to be found in either crab cake. There was real crab, flakes of it, and lots of filler. It said pan seared, so I expected a nice golden crust on bottom and top. They actually looked like they had been deep fried, with breading all around. If you are going to advertise jumbo lump, then use jumbo lump crab meat. If not, then call it what it is. The accompanying risotto was a big tepid glob, with little flavor. All 4 of my dining partners chose a pasta dish. Nothing got a rave review, but all were acceptable. Everything is ala carte, so a complete meal with appetizer and salad can be very expensive for such a casual establishment. Maybe we will try a pizza next time. They looked good.

1  Thank CLM409
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Their delightful menu always pleases us but our most favorite of all is the caesar salad and a yummy margarita pizza!