“Hanging on by a thread...”
Review of Brasserie 73

Brasserie 73
Ranked #6 of 29 Restaurants in Skippack
Cuisines: French
Good for: Romantic, Bar scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Mensch Road
Description: When it comes to international ambiance, Brasserie 73, located in the heart of Skippack Village, is undoubtedly world class. Over and above the already notable collection of classic French entrees and daily additions of utmost taste, Brasserie 73's wine list is exceptional. From dry white wines to lush & fruity reds, even those with the most discerning tastes will find a bottle to compliment every meal. After dinner, select from a variety of aperitifs to enjoy with one of our mouth-watering desserts. We are sure you will find something to fit your personal palate. Brasserie 73's French Restaurant and Riviera inspired dining room is perfect for all special occasions, while our seasonal outside dining creates the perfect venue for a romantic night out. When in Skippack, stop by any night during the week for food and drink specials at our bar.
Pennsylvania
“Hanging on by a thread...”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This place can't close its doors soon enough! Terrible experience on a recent Saturday night- the menus were worn and tattered on the outside and the boring entrees were as old as the stained pages on the inside. Our waiter did not know what kind of cheese would be on the "cheese plate" but recommended it anyway- but redeemed himself by stopping me on the way to the men's room to ask me if I wanted another drink...strange. I did- but he forgot to bring it anyway. They did offer a special- yes one...swordfish...one...and this place has cloth napkins? They should hang a closed sign for that alone. The $10 lobster bisque tasted like tomato soup and mine had exactly two small chunks of lobster- the chewy pastry lid served its purpose as the soup had no aroma to speak of. My (boneless?) short ribs tasted like low grade roast beef and were paired with three tiny overcooked scallops. The sides were bland and piled on the plate like the chef was working a buffet line. At one point, a disheveled looking manager appeared at our table- he apologized for the delays and explained that he was fighting with the kitchen all night- what? He did look like he had been in a tussle! Overall- we would have had a better experience eating appetizers at the Cabana Bar up the street and saved $$$$. I will be watching for the sign to come down- this place is clearly hanging on by a thread.

• Visited August 2013

Phoenixville, Pennsylvania, USA
“Disappointing French.”
Reviewed March 9, 2013

If you are looking for French food, look elsewhere. This is not a typical French bistro. Food is disappointing. There is no reason to eat her. We have given it three chances. Three strikes and it is out!

Visited June 2012
Oxford, Pennsylvania
“A happy, happy birthday”
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our daughter-in-law picked this as her birthday dinner choice and we had a great night. The food was outstanding and service good. We had the braised short ribs and scallops which were very good. My wife's lobster ravioli was excellent, as were the steaks cooked just right. Portions are large so be aware when ordering appetizers, etc. They do have outdoor dining when the weather is good and are located right on Skippack's main street,

• Visited February 2013
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Low Quality Food; High Prices”
Reviewed February 23, 2013

If you've read my other reviews, you'll see heaps of praise for some places I've loved. Well, this is the other side of the coin. Every once in awhile you'll end up with a dud, and this is surely one of them. To put it bluntly, the chef at this restaruant has no idea how to cook anything and make it taste good. We visited this restaurant in charming Skippack, PA. Such a lovely row of restaurants. I've often driven past them, finally tried one because some friends of ours wanted to go there. I didn't say anything at the time, and gave the waiter a good tip, because the bad food wasn't the waiter's fault. But come on. Nothing tasted halfway good. My companion had the lobster bisque, and I tasted it too. It was much too salty and had no particularly good taste. It was served with some croute on top, which wasn't good either. I made the mistake of getting the crab salad or was it lobster salad. No idea, but whatever it was, it was ALL tasteless. Crabs and lobsters shouldn't die and end up tasting like that. Ok, how about the main course? I had the crispy duck. This was in no way crispy and was merely a few pieces of chewy skin and fat served on some sort of little beans. Nothing you'd want to keep eating after you started. My companion had the lobster ravioli. This was a disaster too. It tasted like something heated up from a package. The bill for the two of us was about $150 with tip. I really would have enjoyed Burger King more. A BIG waste of time and money. The price include two drinks--sort of skimpy ones too. You have to wonder, how long is this place going to stay in business. I wrote to the owner directly a month ago to give some notice of my dissatisfaction. No reply.

• Visited February 2013
Collegeville, Pennsylvania
“My faith is restored”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

Brasserie 73 is back! We haven't been to this restaurant in a while as the last time we were there, the server had gotten everything we ordered (appetizers, wine, and entrees) wrong. This time, our server was very attentive, made really good meal suggestions, and made certain we had a wonderful dining experience. Based upon the recommendation of our server, we started off with a bowl of the soup de jour - jerk chicken. Our mistake was sharing a bowl...it was so delicious, that I could have just only had that to eat and would have been completely satisfied. For dinner, we order the filet mignon and seared tuna. The filet mignon was served with mashed potatoes and green beans with red peppers. The filet was perfectly prepared. The mashed potatoes were light and creamy and simply scrumptious. The green beans with red peppers were delicious. The seared tuna was cooked perfectly and served also with green beans and red peppers and a rice pilaf. We shared a bottle of wine, which made the evening more enjoyable. While this restaurant is a little more expensive, we have always enjoyed the food and it is a place worth going to in Skippack.

• Visited December 2012