“Bad Service”

Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Rt 73 and Rt 113
Description: URL should be good enough.
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was seated and 3 different waitresses told me they were not my waitress. It was about 25 minutes before a waitress got assigned to me. This was after I inquired a few times. I was eating alone and female and I think that is why no one wanted to be assigned to me, because the tip would be less because I am one person. While I was sitting there a couple walked in and their order was taken in about 10 minutes. I will never go back there.

Thank raymondj88 .
There are newer reviews for La Villa Mexican Grille

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I have eaten here twice now and both times the staff were so slow! Both times it was not crowded at - only a few tables filled - but the food (a burrito and a fish taco) took over an hour to get! Also, I ordered a soup from the menu and when it came it was nothing like the menu stated. I cannot have dairy and the soup had cheese and sour cream in it even though the menu did not state either. The waitress was defensive and confused. I told her that this was not what the menu stated and she was like "I don't know, that's what he gave me". Very strange experience. I live so close to them but will not be going back. The ONLY reason I gave two and not one star is because the food is authentic.

Reviewed June 1, 2014 via mobile

Before it had its liquor license, we were able to easily get in on a Friday or Saturday night. Now it is a little more difficult! Love the outdoor seating in the summer.
The most kick butt dish here is the chicken verde. The offer more traditional fare now, but go for the gourmet dishes. They are much much better. The fish tacos they have on the lunch menu are fantastic. Tempura battered halibut chunks. So good. Give it a try. It's wonderful!!

1  Thank Stephanie5867
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Went for dinner. Had baby back ribs. The ribs were delicious. The meat fell off the bone. The sides also excellent. My wife had chicken quesadilla. She enjoyed them thoroughly. The margaritas were cold and tasty. Though a little pricey for Mexican. Enjoyed and would recommend.

1  Thank jckha2014
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just ate here for the first time. I would rate myself as an experience mexican food consumer having eaten at mexican food places all over the country. It opened about 1 year ago and they just got their liquor license. The place is so tiny with only 9 indoor tables. The food was really bland. I ordered 3 pork tacos and they tasted like cardboard. Wife ordered crab cake sandwich and she said it tasted like meat loaf. The chips were good but the salsa was also as bland tasting as the food.
I would suggest saving your money and going to one of the fast food mexican food places over this one. There is also a Margaritas not too far away if you want the sit down tavern experience.

The place was decorated well but so tiny and confined. The wait staff was average but polite. There were only 4 tables taken and I had to get up to ask for hot sauce. Plus they slammed us in a tiny corner table against an occupied table of four while the other side of the restaurant was wide open.
We were debating ordering margaritas but after tasting the food we decided to skip on the margaritas.

1  Thank Paul W