“Fun at Farmers Inn”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed March 8, 2014

Farmers Inn a fun and unique place to visit. During the summer you can dine at the restaurant with good old fashioned family style meals you can order from the menu or have the buffet. They also have an awesome ice cream parlor where you can eat in or outside. The kids enjoy the zoo and the area where they can feed the animals. There is also a small putt putt course for all to enjoy along with different gift shop buildings that offer a wide variety of items. It is also set in a beautiful area, great for a nice day ride or if you are in the area just a nice time to pass the day away. Oh, the broasted chicken dinner is really good!

Reviewed October 28, 2013

We have eaten here several times and loved the Broasted Chicken every time. I think the buffet is way over priced but the specials are always a great deal. The Broasted Chicken is the way to go. We love it, best chicken around. We also had ribs which fell off the bone and had tons of flavor. Off course we went to the zoo and did some golfing. Will come back again.

1  Thank EatLocalBuyLocal
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I go here at least once a year. There are so many fun things to do from a driving range and mini golf and the zoo and the bulk-food and amish store. I don't understand any of the bad reviews. 1. those animals are very well kept. they are actually completey spoiled because they get fed all day long! 2. the buffet is great for the price. Anyone that complains is missing the fact that this place is called FARMERS INN. They have amazing country style food that tastes like my grandma made it. Why would you come to a place called Farmer's Inn expecting a 5 star restaurant? The service is also amazing. The waitresses are extremely and authentically sweet.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

We drove here for a birthday celebration. Lots of windy roads to get here from our location. It was worth it. The food prices were difficult to fathom as some buffet prices seemed ok, but evidently they were for the cold buffet only. Difficult to gauge value from the menu and signs hung around.

A turkey dinner plus buffet was $8.99. I got the senior buffet at $11.99 and I guess it was worth it. I would have liked to have seen labels on the various offerings so I knew what they were.

The waitress that we had made the whole meal worthwhile. She was enthusiastic, perky and was genuinely eager to please.

They brought an ice cream for the birthday girl and the other waitresses came out and sang.

I missed the singing, so I asked if they would do it again, and they did.

We had a good experience overall.

Good for a nice day trip.

1  Thank charkswim5570
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a nice place to eat. The weekend breakfast buffet is a great value. It's always busy, so the food is fresh and hot. If you go for lunch or dinner, order from the menu, as the those buffet's are just too pricey for what you get. Overall, decent country style food at a fair price. We love the atmosphere and the waitstaff is always friendly and attentive.
The animal park next door is a little on the pricey side for what you see. The whole place looks like it is need of some serious TLC.

1  Thank Gray52