“good wings”

Dining options: Delivery
York, PA
“good wings”
Reviewed July 23, 2014

I live near Shrewsbury location and was glad to see they opened a location in York that was close to my work so I can go for lunch. Love their Buffalo Chicken pizza! Good wings - you can get either fried or baked with bone or boneless - I've tried all of the sauces but my absolute favorite is the buffalo garlic - nice and spicy (only thing is they are not good for your breath!) York location is BYOB - wings & beer - one of my favorite combinations!

• Visited July 2014
1 Thank akskmom

East Coast
“OK food, poor customer service”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

My family tried Bubba's for the first time for carryout, wanted to get two of the specials (large 1-topping pizza). Asked over phone if they could make the first pizza just plain cheese for the kids, and put their topping on the 2nd pizza (to make 2 toppings) for us adults. They said they could not do that, and they would have to charge me for a topping. Really?

Went in to pick up, presented coupon, they informed me that I couldn't use it with the special. While discussing with cashier, was abruptly interrupted by a woman behind me who asked in a confrontational voice what the problem was, that she was the owner. I told her about the toppings situation, and she said it was a computer limitation. Well, maybe I'm just too much of a common sense guy, but they could have simply entered 2 specials into the computer and then just put the toppings on the way my family wanted! I found the owner to be way too aggressive and far too interested in perpetuating the tense discussion. Customer service 101.. you don't start and continue a debate with a Customer, you try to defuse the situation. It was like she knew about the phone conversation I had with them while ordering, and was waiting for me to come in to confront me. I was highly annoyed, so just told them to charge me whatever they felt was fair so that I could use the coupon and be done with it. So they took back the special pricing and ended up overcharging me by a dollar based on the menu prices that I looked at online later at home. Of course there was no itemized receipt given to me so I couldn't further analyze.

The owner called my house later that evening to apologize, which I thought was a nice gesture, but the damage had already been done. The good faith and customer service should have been extended to me earlier, especially since I was a first time customer!!

In the end, we thought the pizza was pretty good (but John's is better), and the wings didn't meet my expectations as I asked for crispy and they were rubbery. Speaking of John's, they cheerfully swap toppings to make the pizzas how their Customers want them.. they realize it doesn't make a difference to their bottom line. They also accept coupons even if you order a special, and I just tried their wings tonight and they were far superior to Bubba's (sorry).

Unfortunately for Bubba's, due to the Customer experience I had, we won't be going back.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank SilverandBlackAttack
Shrewsbury, Pennsylvania
“Great Pizza!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Bubba D's has been here a while now - they are the 3rd pizza shop is that location. Their food is excellent. The help is friendly and attentive. The menu offers a good choice of pizza, subs, wraps and wings along with a few meals. Prices are very reasonable. The owners (Jenn and Dustin) are attentive to their customers and make sure you have an enjoyable dining experience.

• Visited March 2014
York, Pennsylvania
“Favorite in town place to eat!”
Reviewed January 30, 2014

I pass this place on my way home every day, and kept seeing someone in a pizza suit dancing around outside. My boyfriend and I would always laugh and say, "We need to try that place some time." Well, one day we did. We now go at least once a week. We've been going there for over a year now, including last night for dinner, and always leave satisfied. They have the best wings in town. Much better than the big chain place across town. When we go in, we go to our usual table, and most of the waitresses don't even have to ask, they just come right out with our diet Pepsis and bring us the menus. The service is always fast and friendly, and we've never had a bad experience.We also get our pizza and wings here during football games, and the delivery is just as fast.

The food is excellent, the prices are pretty good, and the service is great. The owners, Dustin and Jen, are usually either there or at their second location on Queen Street in York (been there, too, and love it just as much!), but they always come out and see how we're doing when we come in. They're very friendly, hands on people, and I really like that in a restaurant.

If you're in the area, please support this local business. Their wings and pizza are the best in town. They also have subs, strombolis (the original is the best, hands down), calzones, and numerous other things that are just as good. Stop by and give it a try!

• Visited January 2014