“Decent food”

CJ's American Pub & Grill
Ranked #1 of 44 Restaurants in Shippensburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual full service restaurant. CJ'S offers only freshly prepared food. We offer a full bar and at take out menu.
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
“Decent food”
Reviewed May 18, 2014

We ate here a couple of times, and the food is good, not great. The service is okay; one time we went during the lunch rush and it took quite a while for the food. We had a shrimp dish and a vegetable paninni. The portions were both large, and the food was seasoned well.

• Visited March 2014

Bedford, New Hampshire
“Creative and delicious”
Reviewed April 24, 2014

Visited Shippensburg recently and ate at this restaurant. We all had steak and seafood dishes except for one person that had the spaghetti and meatballs. I tasted every dish and they were all extremely good! The barramundi (sp?) fish dish that I had was creative and wonderful. A fantastic melding of flavors. The staff and food were both high quality. I would go again!!! They took a reservation for us, which was nice as well. 5 stars!

• Visited April 2014
2 Thank cpennnh
Blandon, Pennsylvania, United States
“Food was good, with the exception of the bbq options”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

The filet mignon was excellent. The ribs did not impress; in fact we did not bring home the leftovers. We had a sample of 4 beers; the chocolate peanut butter beer was actually better than expected.
The service was outstanding--she had a great sense of humor.
We would stop again if we were in the area.

• Visited April 2014
Carlisle
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

First time visit, hamburger was outstanding! Second visit, brisket sandwich not so good. It had no flavor of having been smoked and was so tough that that I had to tear it apart to eat it. I am from Texas and know good brisket. I even smoke my own. This was nothing more than a flavorless, tough, roast beef sandwich. I love the ambience of this eatery, the service is excellent, but the so-called smoke brisket left much to b desired! Nachos were served with small dollops of some kind of cornmeal, mesa paste and the cheese was not even melted! At least the pasty goo helped hold some of the cheese to the tortilla chip. I have never seen nachos served up like that. Nachos are perfect made the traditional way...high quality deep fried tortilla chips, melted cheddar, Monterrey jack, and some salt, a few jalapenos-perfection! Some things are not meant for a fusion twist, i.e. nachos. I should have known about the brisket when I pulled into the parking lots and could not smell a smoker going.

• Visited March 2014
Utopia, Texas
“say bye bye”
Reviewed March 20, 2014

this establishment has lost its restaurant manager, executive chef, executive sous chef, bar manager, all in the last month, come on in if you want a suprise, its like a box of chocolates,you never know what your gonna get!

Visited March 2014