“Good food”

CJ's American Pub & Grill
Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Shippensburg
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Casual full service restaurant. CJ'S offers only freshly prepared food. We offer a full bar and at take out menu.
Reviewed February 8, 2014 via mobile

This is not a cheap place to eat or drink. Our bill for two people always is around $80, and I just get a salad! The service is inconsistent. We've been here often since it's opened, and sometimes we have great service, other times we sit a long time waiting to order a drink or ask for our bill. Overall, the food is good, the best in town. And it's nice they always have micro brews on tap!

There are newer reviews for CJ's American Pub & Grill

Reviewed January 23, 2014

I have been to CJs a few times since they opened. I've been there for lunch and dinner in a group or with one other person. I really like CJs, the bar area in CJs is beautiful - dark wood and nice lighting - it feels warm and creates a nice atmosphere.

The menu is creative and fresh - I have had a grilled chicken salad, steak salad, lettuce wraps, asparagus, french fries, sweet potato fries, Cameron's burger with grilled chicken, and a few of the soups. All of them have been delicious. My favorite is the steak salad, Cameron's burger (this was truly amazing) and the french fries. I have never had less than great food there.

CJs is smart to use a dessert tray instead of a regular menu - it's hard to say no when it's right in front of you. Of the items I have tried - the chocolate cake and tiramusu are wonderful, the cheesecake is bland.

CJs is a good addition to the town and the surrounding area. A lot of places in Shippensburg serve a similar menu, but CJs is set apart by the decor and the quaility of the food. The service could be a bit faster on drink refills, but it's a small price to pay for good food.

1  Thank diva3713
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Finally a restaurant in Shippensburg that I can bring a client to for lunch or dinner! Good menu - the Ahi appetizer is excellent. I've not been disappointed in anything I've ordered. I definitely recommend it!

1  Thank Dragonstar
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We made a reservation for the early evening on New Year's Eve. The regular menu was not available. A special menu was the only choice. Several parties were seated and, upon looking at the special menu, got up and left. There were no sandwiches and limited appetizers and salads. There was a list of fairly expensive entrees (for Shippensburg anyway). We were a party of 4 and three of us ordered surf and turf, which was very good. I ordered an appetizer and a salad. The appetizer was marinated, skewered, rolled filet slices (6) that was absolutely fantastic ($13.50). There was more delicious meat than if I had ordered a filet. The salad was assorted greens, spiced pecans, dried cherries and two large mounds of smoked salmon. Delicious and $12.50. I couldn't have been more pleased. Neither of these items are on the regular menu. It was my own version of surf and turf, I guess. So, in spite of a limited menu, we were all very happy with our meals, service, and atmosphere. Happy New Year!

1  Thank William S
Reviewed December 23, 2013

My wife and I did not want a large meal, so we opted to share two appetisers: Bubbly Cheese Bread and Bacon Cheeseburger Queso Dip.

Along withe the appetisers, we ordered two bar specials at $3 each, a glass of Red Rock Merlot and a Moscow Mule.

The Bubbly Cheese Bread was truly bubbling when it arrived and tasted delicious with asiago cheese and a meat sauce for dipping. Excellent.

The bacon cheeseburger arrived with a quantity of applewood bacon on top and.a cheese dip. Also excellent.

I should point out that this restaurant has quite an extensive menu ranging from racks of ribs and brisket through steaks and seafood.to good salads. We were not hungry, hence our limited choice.

The place was clean and presented itself well. Service was good and prompt, but we were not rushed at all.

Total cost: 2 appetisers $15.50; 4 drinks $18.75.

A restaurant well recommended by us.

1  Thank Melville P