“Becoming a favorite :)”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Lewistown
“Becoming a favorite :)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2012

We have eaten here 3 times in the past 3 months, so if that tells you anything, we haven't been disappointed yet. Our son attends college and plays football for Shippensburg University. When our extended family visits, this is a place we can go and enjoy a visit. Lots of room... great, friendly staff, and the food is great...
We especially enjoy the burgers and hot turkey sandwiches :)
I would definitely recommend this as a stop to anyone in the area.

• Visited September 2012

West Chester, PA
“Great!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

We were quite surprised by our delicious lunch after reading the average reviews. The wings were excellent with homemade sauces. The salads were really fresh and full of meats,vegetables and cheese as described. The homemade salad dressings were excellent too. The mozzarella sticks were the best we've ever had! Freshly sliced and breaded and lightly fried with really good marinara. Service was great and we will definitely go back when we visit our son at SHIP!

• Visited August 2012
“What a disappointment.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

First of all I tried to order the special of the day,scallops but they were already out(6:30pm) so I ordered the chicken sandwich. It was terrible. It was not even half of a breast and the toughest I have ever had in my life. I could not eat it. The roll it was on was so tough it could not cut it with the butter knife they provided. After setting it aside a waitress came and took it away but never asked about it ,as if it is discarded by most people. An
other person in my party had the pulled pork. It was very dry. She waited 15 minutes before the waitress returned to check on us. After saying it was very dry the waitress returned with a plastic bottle of their bbq sauce.
The one item that was good was the crab dip. Other than that everthing on the menu seemed like it was off the Sysco Systems truck.
I went away hungry and ended up at the Burger King. Their chicken sandwich is much better at half the price.

Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Standard pub food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2011

There is ample seating area and nice choices on menu. Service varies depending on waitress and number of people in party. Drinks and timely visits from waitress could have been better. Crab cake dinner was good.

Visited December 2011
chambersburg
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disgusting! Garbage would have tasted better!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2010

Went to Market Cross Pub for the first time. I know good crab dip, and after tasting Market Cross Pub's crab dip, it was as if I got a bowl of hot sour cream with pinch of crab meat tossed in. Tasted disgusting! I had a hot roast beef sandwich, that when served, looked like dried up roast beef in the toasted sub roll, it looked unappetizing with the roast beef dried up. You only get chips with your sandwiches, and if you order fries extra, you are paying about the same price as dinner. If you just want to get drunk, fine, but careful on your wallet spending for disgusting food. They are suppose to have a chef, but the name of the chef is never talked about nor could I find out his / her name on the menu. I don't believe they have a chef, cuz one would not prepare such disgusting food.

1 Thank blrtrip