Quality Inn & Suites Shippen Place Hotel(Shippensburg)(Great Value!)
$71
$93
$54
$42
Travelocity
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
$65
Comfort Inn(Chambersburg)
$63
ComfortInn
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $72/night.

$52
$99
$49
All reviewsroom was cleanhot breakfastwafflespool and hot tubthe rooms were niceoff the highwaywould stay here againking suitenice place to staybusiness centerwould highly recommend this hotelfree breakfastbwamenitieswalmartinternetstopover
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Room has two double beds.
A 30 inch (approx)wall mounted tv.
Room is a nice size.
Ten min. after we arrived front desk called to ask if every thing is okay
Vanity located outside the bathroom.
I did not care for that.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 14, 2009

Nice room. Clean. Comfortable bed. Good shower with light. Fluffy towels. Sink seperate from bathroom. Breakfast offering included Belgin waffles. High speed internet, fridge and digital TV. Back off I 81 far enough that you don't hear traffic, still convenient to get to.
Only complaint is that the bathroom door hits the commode when it is opened and closed....poor engineering on someone's part. Small inconvenience compared to the plusses here.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We were driving back from a funeral and stopped for one night. The place was clean, but the carpets were worn and stained. Okay for one night, but I would not plan an extended stay.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I expect a Best Western to be of better quality. While the external amenities were fine, the room itself was a one star in my book. First of all the sheets and towels were well worn and beyond their useful lives. Both were thin and the bath towels were actually fraying. The mattress was stiff and once again a one star bed. The tile in the bathroom was missing grout in places and the hook on the back of the bathroom door was no where near straight.

The continental breakfast was as minimal as could be to be considered breakfast at all. We passed it up

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank RichmondVATraveler
Reviewed March 30, 2008

I travel for business so I don't often have a choice of what town to visit. For the last 3 months, Jan 08-Mar 08, I have been traveling to Shippensburg PA. Shippensburg is a lovely little town full of history and a state college.

I stay at the Best Western Hotel just off Interstate 80 exit 29. The building looks new and the parking lot is freshly paved. Even though it is less than 1 mile from the Interstate, it is quite and there is not a lot of traffic noise. There is some nose from adjacent rooms and the second floor if people are moving about. I could hear people talking on the phone during my stay.

Amenities include an indoor pool, sauna, weight room and a computer for general use in the lobby.

The rooms are adequate in size, except the bathroom, which is so small that a mis-aligned toilet seat in one of them prevents the bathroom door from closing. There are an ironing board, blow dryer and single cup coffee maker in the room.

Expendables, like soap and shampoo, are stocked in the room only once during my stay. If I run out of shampoo or soap I have to bring my own or ask at the front desk for more. It seems the owners are very cost aware.

There is breakfast every morning near the lobby. It consists of a wide variety of coffees from a machine, juices, bread, beagles, small muffins, cereals and fresh made waffles. The waffles are very popular. You pour the batter in to the waffle iron then close the lid and in 2 minutes it is ready.

The furniture in the rooms is mostly uncomfortable. There are stiff, heavy small upolstered chairs in various stages of disrepair. The matresses look as though they were purchased used from another hotel. The TV has only 30 channels and no channel guide. The last time is was there only one light bulb was woring in the room. The sink and bathroom bulbs were ok. In one room I stayed in the message light was flashing on the phone. I called the front desk and they said it was from a previous visitor. A few weeks later I had the same room and the light was still flashing.

There is free wireless Interent but I have not taken advantage of it so I cannot rate it.

There is a WalMart close by as well as gas stations and fast food. The truck stop up the street has good food. Most places to eat are in the larger town of Chambersburg about 10 miles further down I80 from Shippensburg. There are a lot of hotels there as well.

The summarize, the building and parking lots look new. The hotel is clean and smells fresh. The furniture looks old and is uncomforatble. Breakfast is good. It's quite.

One last thing to mention is that if I call for a reservation and a specific clerk answers the phone, my reservation will be lost. It has happend 3 times with this clerk and even with a confirmation number my reservation has not been made. This includes reservations made through American Express and my personal phone calls to the hotel to make reservations.

My guess is that the owners have recently purchased this hotel but it's not a place to stay if you like hotel life. For those on a budget who can live very modestly, this would be a good hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)