Quality Inn & Suites Shippen Place Hotel(Shippensburg)(Great Value!)
$71
$93
$54
$42
Agoda.com
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg(Chambersburg)(Great Value!)
$65
Comfort Inn(Chambersburg)
$63
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of $73/night.

$58
$52
$99
$49
All reviewsroom was cleanhot breakfastwafflespool and hot tubthe rooms were niceoff the highwaywould stay here againking suitenice place to staybusiness centerwould highly recommend this hotelfree breakfastbwamenitieswalmartinternetstopover
Reviewed May 20, 2009

We were driving back from a funeral and stopped for one night. The place was clean, but the carpets were worn and stained. Okay for one night, but I would not plan an extended stay.

• Stayed: May 2009
Reviewed September 7, 2008

I expect a Best Western to be of better quality. While the external amenities were fine, the room itself was a one star in my book. First of all the sheets and towels were well worn and beyond their useful lives. Both were thin and the bath towels were actually fraying. The mattress was stiff and once again a one star bed. The tile in the bathroom was missing grout in places and the hook on the back of the bathroom door was no where near straight.

The continental breakfast was as minimal as could be to be considered breakfast at all. We passed it up

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
2  Thank RichmondVATraveler
Reviewed March 30, 2008

I travel for business so I don't often have a choice of what town to visit. For the last 3 months, Jan 08-Mar 08, I have been traveling to Shippensburg PA. Shippensburg is a lovely little town full of history and a state college.

I stay at the Best Western Hotel just off Interstate 80 exit 29. The building looks new and the parking lot is freshly paved. Even though it is less than 1 mile from the Interstate, it is quite and there is not a lot of traffic noise. There is some nose from adjacent rooms and the second floor if people are moving about. I could hear people talking on the phone during my stay.

Amenities include an indoor pool, sauna, weight room and a computer for general use in the lobby.

The rooms are adequate in size, except the bathroom, which is so small that a mis-aligned toilet seat in one of them prevents the bathroom door from closing. There are an ironing board, blow dryer and single cup coffee maker in the room.

Expendables, like soap and shampoo, are stocked in the room only once during my stay. If I run out of shampoo or soap I have to bring my own or ask at the front desk for more. It seems the owners are very cost aware.

There is breakfast every morning near the lobby. It consists of a wide variety of coffees from a machine, juices, bread, beagles, small muffins, cereals and fresh made waffles. The waffles are very popular. You pour the batter in to the waffle iron then close the lid and in 2 minutes it is ready.

The furniture in the rooms is mostly uncomfortable. There are stiff, heavy small upolstered chairs in various stages of disrepair. The matresses look as though they were purchased used from another hotel. The TV has only 30 channels and no channel guide. The last time is was there only one light bulb was woring in the room. The sink and bathroom bulbs were ok. In one room I stayed in the message light was flashing on the phone. I called the front desk and they said it was from a previous visitor. A few weeks later I had the same room and the light was still flashing.

There is free wireless Interent but I have not taken advantage of it so I cannot rate it.

There is a WalMart close by as well as gas stations and fast food. The truck stop up the street has good food. Most places to eat are in the larger town of Chambersburg about 10 miles further down I80 from Shippensburg. There are a lot of hotels there as well.

The summarize, the building and parking lots look new. The hotel is clean and smells fresh. The furniture looks old and is uncomforatble. Breakfast is good. It's quite.

One last thing to mention is that if I call for a reservation and a specific clerk answers the phone, my reservation will be lost. It has happend 3 times with this clerk and even with a confirmation number my reservation has not been made. This includes reservations made through American Express and my personal phone calls to the hotel to make reservations.

My guess is that the owners have recently purchased this hotel but it's not a place to stay if you like hotel life. For those on a budget who can live very modestly, this would be a good hotel.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed July 16, 2007

We stayed here at the last minute while traveling from Canada to Florida. We got 3 rooms with two double beds each at $ 79 a piece. The rooms were clean, the beds were comfortable but the sheets were paper thin and kept coming off the bed during the night. The blankets were very thin as well. Although this was what appeaered to be a new hotel, there was no elevator to the 2nd floor. There were no vending machines on the 2nd floor, you had to go downstairs to get ice and sodas. There was a indoor pool that appeared to be fairly clean. Each room did have a small dormitory type refrigerator. The towels were very thin--the kind used in college dorms. The complimentary breakfast was relatively bland---it did have the 'make your own' waffles but there was only one kind of cereal and no juice on the morning I was there; they did have a machine that made five or six different kinds of coffe (latte, coffee with cream; black; etc.). The staff was minimally friendly at the desk, they kept asking us 'how many people in the room' at check in---perhaps it was due to the translation--the person who checked us in did not appear to understand English very well--but they seemed overly concerned that we would have too many people in the three rooms. There were six of us in three rooms (one adult in one room, two adults in the other, and one parent and two small children in the third room). For a last minute room while traveling on the road without an advance reservation, this hotel was all right. Not luxury by any means, but acceptable.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank andrewjv
Reviewed October 28, 2005

We stayed at the Amerihost in Shippensburg, and found it to be of excellent value in a surprisingly quiet location, set back from the highway. The room was immaculately clean, and the staff more than willing to be helpful. This establishment shows real pride of ownership. What a surprise to come off of the Interstate and find respite here in a pleasant place for 2 days, while visiting family here.

• Stayed: October 2005