“Dirty and smelly!” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Warrington, Pennsylvania
“Dirty and smelly!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

Where do I start?? Our NON smoking room was on the smoking floor which the smoke seeped in the doorframe and venting system from the hallway and other smoking rooms. Cool water for showers, no hot water. Dirty, crumby rugs, especially between furniture. Soggy bed. Dusty and dirty furniture; had to wipe down/clean nightstand and table. Extension cord for microwave did not work, so had to configure a way to get the short microwave cord to plug into an outlet. Light above sink did not work.

• 4 of 5 stars

2 Thank Bill M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Robbinsville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

This is a very nice hotel. Well maintained and clean. Staff was very pleasant and helpful. I felt safe when walking the dogs. I would stay there again and highly recommend the hotel. Rooms are quiet with no outside noise effecting our sleep.

Morristown, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2014

We enjoyed staying at the Shippensburg Best Western, especially the indoor pool and free hot breakfast! The coffee was exceptionally good along with the freshly made scrambled eggs. Our room was clean, quiet and very pleasantly furnished. Appreciated the small refrigerator. Beds were comfortable and the sheets were clean and fresh. The front desk staff were very helpful whenever we had questions. What more could we ask for? We will definitely stay here again if we are traveling to or from upstate NY.

Room Tip: Our room was selected by the staff. We have no complaints regarding our room selection or location.
1 Thank Mike P
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

Had a great stay, no complaints. Needed a schedule for my events and James helped me print it at 11:45 at night! Rooms were clean. Hot , free breakfast was a bonus. Stayed here 2 weekends in a row and both times were excellent!
Thanks Best Western Shippensburg!

• Stayed June 2014
West Chester, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

The 80's called and they want their gold satin and hunter green floral bedding back. I can look past the decor a tiny bit, but I have serious issues with cleanliness. Where's the health inspector??? After stepping in the shower, I felt like I needed to soak my feet in clorox. As I stepped into the shower, I could feel the soles of my feet sink like quick-sand into the layers of scrum (I hope it's only soap scrum). Thank goodness I brought my flip-flops, which I quickly threw on after scrubbing my feet. When checking out, I wasn't asked how my stay was. I voluntarily informed the front desk if my issue of cleanliness, specifically the bath tub, and the front desk informed me they've received a lot of similar complaints. I told them they need to fire house cleaning and bring in new staff. No reply. Any medical bills for foot/nail disease/fungus will be forwarded to Best Western. Anthony from "Hotel Impossible" would rate this place as a "0," like I am giving Shippensburg Best Western.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

4 Thank Jayne L
Kingsport, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

traveling through the area and needed a one night stop. We were very pleased with the convenience to the interstate, the appearance of the motel, the appearance and quality of the room. The staff was very courteous both at check in and check out.

Clifton, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

Let me start with the positive, The hotel staff is great. The lady at the desk went out of her way to get my rewards card entered since I couldn't find mine. Staff was pleasant,friendly and efficient. We only stayed one night but it was quiet and had no noise issues to complain about. The not so positive the hallway reeked of cigarettes(this was our biggest issue) and it was coming into our non-smoking room. In all fairness we did not call and report any of these things. We could deal with most of it except for the cigarette smell coming into our room. The floor wasn't the cleanest and the beds weren't that great but ok. The breakfast was ok, the usual stuff plus some hot foods which could have been better. The waffles are really good. Maybe in the future they will make this a smoke free zone as ventilation is not that great if it smelled so much in the hallway. Overall we had a quiet night but were bothered by the smells and how the carpets looked.

• 4 of 5 stars

1 Thank Patricia S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
Days Inn Carlisle South
Days Inn Carlisle South
#2 of 27 in Carlisle
4.0 of 5 stars 695 reviews

Been to BEST WESTERN Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!