“Don't plan to use the Wi-Fi”

Best Western Shippensburg Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Reviewed December 17, 2013

If I wasn't staying for business and had to get work done, I would probably stay here again. But, If I need to rely on the internet service to get work done, I would rather drive the extra 20 miles and stay somewhere with a decent connection. This is the 3rd or 4th time I have stayed here, the previous times, the Wi-Fi was about the same level of useless, but I didn't need to finish work, so it was just a minor annoyance. This time, I needed to give up on trying to deal with the WiFi and instead tethered my Laptop to the data plan on my cell phone.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed December 14, 2013

good value, exceptional service. My wheelchair broke down during my stay. The staff cheerfully and caringly help me to pack and get me and disabled chair in van. They even refused a tip. The room was comfortable and clean and the breakfast good. Motel was easy to find. The staff was great.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 8, 2013

This hotel was a convenient end of day stop on our trip back from South Carolina. It is off exit 29 of US 81. The hotel looks different than most because there is a nice inside swimming pool located in the front of the building next to the lobby. There are good places to eat fairly close by. We ate at a place called CJ's which was about a mile down the road.

The room was reasonably spacious. It had the expected furnishing including a desk to work on. The wireless was easy to hook up to, and worked well. The 2 beds were comfortable. The bedroom and bathroom were clean. It was really all we needed for the one night we stayed.

Breakfast is in a separate room at the end of the hall. There was a good variety of things to choose from including waffles, cereal, bagels, yoghurt etc. The room was busy, but not overly crowded, on the morning we were there.

We stopped at the Pennsylvania visitors center and picked up a hotel coupon book. The walk-in rate coupon made this Best Western Hotel an outstanding value.

Room Tip: The breakfast room is located on the first floor at the end of the hall toward the rear of the build...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed December 4, 2013

At the end of a day comprising nine hours of driving, the Best Western Shippensburg became a haven for sleep.

Unfortunately, there is no restaurant on the premises, but after returning from the recommended one, we simply got ready for bed and slept the night through. The beds were comfortable and there was a variety of pillows, allowing for personal preference. The rooms was clean, as was the bathroom. A good point was that the bath and toilet were in one room, while the sink for washing and shaving were separate. We like this arrangement and do not know why more hotels do not follow that style.

A hot breakfast in the morning consisting of scrambled eggs and the usual toast, bagels and muffins preluded our departure. However, one disappointment was there no bacon, only sausage patties.

We recommend this hotel if you want a good night's sleep and you do not mind getting in your car to go out and eat dinner.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Melville P
Reviewed December 2, 2013

This hotel's a great overnight place if you're in need of a hotel in the area. The rates are reasonable. The hotel is simple but adequate. Beds are comfortable and rooms are clean. Friendly staff. Pool area is nice and very well kept. The location is right off of the 81.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PartyofFiveNJ
Reviewed November 26, 2013

This Best Western is a nice hotel. I really don't have any complaints except that I had a little trouble with the internet, although my son did not. Beds were comfy, although note that the rooms with 2 beds are doubles, not queen size. We just popped in for a quick muffin, but breakfast looked ok. Close to Shippensburg University and easy to find off of I81. We have stayed here several times and I would have no trouble recommending this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 7, 2013

I stayed here with my son when visiting Shippensburg University. It was very close to the school which was great. Check in and check out was quick and easy. The room was very dirty. I saw that there was a lot of dust along the edges of the floor and also on the carpet between some of the pieces of furniture. There were dried suds on the wall of the shower which reminded me that other people had showered there. Yuck. There was a spot of toothpaste in the carpet in front of the sink. I know it wasn't from us because we had forgotten to pack toothpaste! The sink had brown splatters that could have easily been wiped away. It was probably from someone dumping coffee in the sink. The splatters should not have been there. Housekeeping is not doing a good job. They need to get better at their cleaning techniques.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
#6 of 16 in Chambersburg
11 mi away
Scottish Inns & Suites Fayetteville

Been to Best Western Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!