“2 Wk Stay and Still Smiling”

Best Western Shippensburg Hotel
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Reviewed January 15, 2012

Staying 2+ weeks in a hotel can tell you alot about the room, staff and breakfast. Never did our first impression change. We had a King for the first week and 2 dbls for the next week and both rooms were comfortable, clean and well stocked. Our beds slept better than most of the other hotels on our trip. This was the "good-bye" trip of a child to a parent so it was very emotional. The staff knew this and where very caring during this entire stay. They watched out for us. The ladies in the breakfast room were wonderful. Each morning a tasty free hot and cold breakfast was ready for the patrons. Never was anything cold and the room was clean. We didn't try out the amenities but the pool was inviting and right up front by the desk and not tucked away. The washer/dryer looked clean and vending machines well stocked. What was really amazing was the low price. This hotel is close to everything in this small historical college town. Do plan on taking time to enjoy the town's beautiful old buildings. Would stay at this hotel anytime.

Room Tip: First floor rooms are closer to all amenities and very quiet. Never knew animals were in the hotel.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed January 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here with our dog as a quick overnight stop during a long drive. Rooms were recently updated, clean, and looked nice. Beds were comfy. They were dog friendly and the breakfast was pretty standard. The pool looked really nice, but we didn't have time to enjoy it. Definitely reccomended as a good value for an overnight. Grab a copy of the "Room Saver" coupon book at an area gas station for a nice coupon to drop the rate a bit and make it an even better value.

Only complaint: We were in a non-smoking room, but as is typical when staying at a hotel that also has smoking rooms, the comforter did have a lingering smell of smoke (faint smell that sticks around even after washing). No big deal, but not something I enjoy.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2011

The staff that runs this hotel are so nice! And my sister and I really enjoyed the warm pool. The room was clean and the only negative I would make is that it really is time to invest in new sheets. Their's are threadbare and even had some small holes in them.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 24, 2011

An overnight stay on our way home from the south and we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Very clean, quiet and such a comfortable bed! Cute little community with a couple of delightful restaurants too. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful at both checkin and checkout. Free breakfast was the typical Best Western fare which is fine for us! Very clean breakfast room and cheeryful and helpful staff. The only downside I could mention is the very tiny bathroom - probably the smallest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel yet it was spotlessly clean so that was fine too! All in all, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and would definitely stay here again if we were passing through.

Room Tip: Free upgrade with Best Western rewards card !
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This was the 2½ star hotel from Hades. We used Priceline. We checked in and went to Room 228 which we quickly discovered was a smoking room. It took us about 10 seconds to decide that the stink was unbearable. In fact, it must have been a smoking floor because the entire hallway at that end reeked of stale tobacco. I went back to the hotel desk and after being told that I am Priceline, I was told that the hotel can do what it wants, but thankfully, we were then assigned to a nonsmoking room. Hallelujah! We moved to that room only to find that the bed was made up but not the bathroom. Opened shampoo, towels on the floor, you get the picture. Our stay was topped off by the most pitiful breakfast I have seen in awhile. Coffee & juice, yes. No meat, no donuts, only stored bought muffins the size of a fingertip and a few crackers and hard-boiled eggs. Yum. This Best Western hurts the brand.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank WVCliff
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel is pretty basic. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The beds were not very comfortable. I was going to Gettysburg the next day and stayed in Shippensburg because it was cheaper than staying in Gettysburg and after Gettysburg I was continuing on my trip. The hotel was fine for one night but if I were going to be in Gettysburg for more than one day I'd put up the extra money and stay in Gettysburg.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 4, 2010

This place was a great find after a long ride up from Georgia. It was quiet, clean, comfortable, and everything worked. We traveled with a dog and found plenty of room outside to get her out to move around. Restaurants were available for dinner. I do not know what it might be like during the school year (college town) but I will stay here again if I am heading back up I-81. A very good value in a place with limited choices.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
#5 of 16 in Chambersburg
Comfort Inn
Comfort Inn
#2 of 27 in Carlisle

Been to Best Western Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!