“Quiet, clean, comfortable!”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Rochester, NY
“Quiet, clean, comfortable!”
Reviewed June 24, 2011

An overnight stay on our way home from the south and we were pleasantly surprised by this hotel. Very clean, quiet and such a comfortable bed! Cute little community with a couple of delightful restaurants too. Front desk staff was very friendly and helpful at both checkin and checkout. Free breakfast was the typical Best Western fare which is fine for us! Very clean breakfast room and cheeryful and helpful staff. The only downside I could mention is the very tiny bathroom - probably the smallest bathroom I've ever seen in a hotel yet it was spotlessly clean so that was fine too! All in all, I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and would definitely stay here again if we were passing through.

Room Tip: Free upgrade with Best Western rewards card !
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Morgantown, WV
Reviewed May 25, 2011

This was the 2½ star hotel from Hades. We used Priceline. We checked in and went to Room 228 which we quickly discovered was a smoking room. It took us about 10 seconds to decide that the stink was unbearable. In fact, it must have been a smoking floor because the entire hallway at that end reeked of stale tobacco. I went back to the hotel desk and after being told that I am Priceline, I was told that the hotel can do what it wants, but thankfully, we were then assigned to a nonsmoking room. Hallelujah! We moved to that room only to find that the bed was made up but not the bathroom. Opened shampoo, towels on the floor, you get the picture. Our stay was topped off by the most pitiful breakfast I have seen in awhile. Coffee & juice, yes. No meat, no donuts, only stored bought muffins the size of a fingertip and a few crackers and hard-boiled eggs. Yum. This Best Western hurts the brand.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank WVCliff
Indiana
Reviewed August 9, 2010

This hotel is pretty basic. It was clean and the staff was friendly. The beds were not very comfortable. I was going to Gettysburg the next day and stayed in Shippensburg because it was cheaper than staying in Gettysburg and after Gettysburg I was continuing on my trip. The hotel was fine for one night but if I were going to be in Gettysburg for more than one day I'd put up the extra money and stay in Gettysburg.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed July 4, 2010

This place was a great find after a long ride up from Georgia. It was quiet, clean, comfortable, and everything worked. We traveled with a dog and found plenty of room outside to get her out to move around. Restaurants were available for dinner. I do not know what it might be like during the school year (college town) but I will stay here again if I am heading back up I-81. A very good value in a place with limited choices.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
Philadelphia
Reviewed February 22, 2010

3 MAJOR ISSUES WITH ROOM #113
1. Room #113 is located right next to an outside entrance/exit door. This door SLAMS SHUT each and every time someone goes in or out. Not only is there a HUGE bang, but the ENTIRE room vibrates including the bed on which you are trying to sleep!!!!!! Last evening I set my alarm for 8:00a.m. as I am on vacation and I hoped to sleep late. Well; I am awakened at least 10-15 times between 5:30-8:00a.m. by this door. Try to imagine a tractor trailer accidentally hitting a brick wall. That is what it SOUNDS and FEELS like. The hotel should do 1 or MORE of the following: 1. Keep guests OUT of room #113. 2. FIX THE DOOR. 3. Lock this door during certain hours to be courteous to ALL guests!!!
2. Even with the heating unit on OFF, the heater turned on and off by itself !!!!!! We had to UNPLUG the unit to get the unit to stop running!!! We had to TURN the unit OFF because 1. It was TOO LOUD 2 .IT BLEW the curtains so that we NO LONGER HAD PRIVACY!!!!!!! There was NO WAY to redirect the air.
3. The bathroom sink handles are impossible to reach. Someone mounted a shelf directly above the sink handles so you have to bend over to find them and them and then feel your way to turn them on!!!

THE owner should be ashamed of themselves for either NOT KNOWING these issues exist or for knowing and not doing anything about them!!!!!! I will ONLY stay again at this hotel IF I CANNOT find anywhere else to stay!!!!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled with friends
5 Thank silvergirls
PA
Reviewed February 1, 2010

I moved to this hotel after being bit repeatedly by bugs at the Shippen Place Hotel. The Best Western was CLEAN. The staff members were pleasant, good breakfast and close to campus. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel over the Shippen Place.

Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank su1deg
Limerick, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 21, 2009

Room has two double beds.
A 30 inch (approx)wall mounted tv.
Room is a nice size.
Ten min. after we arrived front desk called to ask if every thing is okay
Vanity located outside the bathroom.
I did not care for that.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
#8 of 16 in Chambersburg
Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
Super 8 Chambersburg I-81
#9 of 16 in Chambersburg

Been to Best Western Shippensburg Hotel? Share your experiences!