“Good Friday Happy Hour”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Decided to try this for happy hour with the hubby. It took a few minutes for someone to decide to come seat us. Downstairs had live music which was too loud for us, so we headed upstairs, then decided to go ahead to the outside deck. They do allow smoking on the deck so be warned...I think we were the only table not smoking! For happy hour, there is a list of $3 martinis. Also $3 Jack and Coke, and some other beer specials that I don't remember. Appetizers are also $3 off. Hubby got boneless wings with the hottest sauce and he liked them and I decided to try the loaded mac and cheese along with a side salad. It was great and would definitely get it again...real cheddar and just wonderful, served on a hot fajita type pan. I think everyone who works there now used to work at the ShipWreck before it closed--everyone is very nice but it is a bit slow.

Reviewed January 23, 2014

Knute's is awful and I don't know why anyone would go there. The service is terrible - I have been there a number of times thinking that it would get better but it never did. It is common to wait to be given a table or menus, let alone a drink order. Many of the servers try to take orders without writing them down and they generally don't get everything right.

The menu changes pretty often and it can be difficult to find a menu item that isn't drowning in some combination of cheese, bacon or a random condiment. My favorite menu item is the tortilla chips and salsa.

Knute's would be a better place if they trained their staff and held them accountable to standards, improved their menu and stopped trying to exist only on drink specials.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

We discovered Knute's when a friend of my husband's informed us of Pint Night. It was a Friday and they were featuring a beer brand where you got a free glass with that beer. We decided to check it out and were happy with the experience.

Knute's is a locally-owned Pub and Restaurant located in Shippensburg, PA which is a college town. It is right on King Street (US Route 11). They have a small, cramped parking lot behind the building, or you can park along any of the streets. We always park along a side street, more room and usually not as cramped.

Knute's is a good sized place. The bar area is a bit small for busier times, but there is plenty of seating for dining. They also have a deck upstairs and I believe they feature bands from time to time, although we've not experienced that.

Inside it is cozy and comfortable, although the lighting above the table we had was a bit harsh. They have several big-screen TVs around the bar area so you can watch whatever sports are on.

When we went just for the beer, the service was prompt and the bartender was friendly. We sat at the bar and enjoyed our beers.

The second visit was to take advantage of Knute's Thursday Burger specials where they feature some unique burgers for just $6. They aren't your usual burgers but they're good! A perfect size and good quality beef, and comes with a side of fries. You don't get a whole lot of fries, but for $6 we couldn't complain. The fries are very good, just as a side note. They are the kind with a little potato skin still on them, which is my favorite!

I had a Black and Bleu burger which was Cajun seasoned (mild to medium kick) and topped with lettuce and Bleu Cheese. It was super good. My hubby had some kind of Atomic burger which had jalapenos, hot seasonings, and some kind of super spicy pepper sauce. His mouth was on fire! He loves hot food and actually had trouble with this one! Now he's craving another one!

The service at dinner was good. Waiter was friendly and attentive and our orders came out in good time, everything was hot and fresh.

I peeked at the regular menu and it seemed like it's a bit pricey. I saw some of the other dinner choices some people had and everything looked yummy. I would likely not frequent this place for regular meals due to price, but the $6 burger Thursday night is a winner for us!

This establishment is popular for college kids, and on any given night, you're sure to see them. But, it's a more mature atmosphere so I doubt there's too much of an issue with excessive partying. Mostly I think the college kids go there to take advantage of any drink or food specials then move on.

All in all, I think Knute's is a place for all ages. The regular menu is a little expensive, but if you take advantage of their food specials, you can really luck out. We've only been there twice but are planning return visits.

Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

We love to eat here. Great find in a small town. The corn cobb salad is great and the pulled pork too. Great outside deck on upper floor.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This place is raved about for their wings which I thought were pretty good, lots to chose from. The service is not that good, it seems they are short handed. I did not sit at the bar, however it seemed it had about 10 stools with TV and a juke box. By the way, if you are in any other area in the restaurant, don't play the juke box, you wont hear it. The food was just at average at Knute's, if you are in the mood for finger food than this is the place to go. If you have a group of 6-10 and want to sit around and talk, use the back room so you are away from the noise of the bar and the main dining area.

1  Thank gregg j