“Nice Hometown Pub”

Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
“Nice Hometown Pub”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

My family frequents this restaurant quite often. The service is usually good and we can always find something good to eat. We also like wing night.

Visited December 2012

“NEVER going back.”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

About a couple of months ago I had the worst expierence you could have. My boyfriend and I got wings along with another couple and after that waited 30 minutes just to get our drinks filled up again. We left a 10% tip, as our waiter had not been well at all. While walking out to our car, our waiter comes out and screams, "Thanks for the tip guys! I can really pay the bills with this. Don't come back again or I'll [--] spit in your food!!" I was completely appalled. I went right back in there to talk to the mangaer and the only words out of her mouth was, "I'll take care of it." Not "I'm sorry" or offered us anything. Food is good; I love the wings, I've been going for years now but I have never felt so disrespected in my whole entire life. I will never give any of my money to this place ever again.

• Visited August 2012
7 Thank nothappycustomer327
Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
“Definite "go to" place.”
Reviewed August 8, 2012

We arrived without reservations, and they were able to seat us at the bar immediately. That's good news because we enjoy sitting at the bar. The waiter and waitress were both friendly and attentive. I especially liked the fact that they offered a sample of the draft beer without being asked. We had the hot wings. Probably some of the best I have ever eaten. They were swimming in the hot sauce, which means "sopping". You people from the South will understand. We shall return.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank JGKramb
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great place to relax for drinks, sports and food!”
Reviewed April 9, 2012

I've been to Knute's a few times but finally decided to do a review. Each time I've gone, its been a great experience. The very worst thing that's ever happened is that I had the wrong dressing on a salad, and this is out of 6-7 visits. The food is usually at your table quickly, even when it is busy. The drink orders have always been correct and the staff is pleasant, even when swamped with customers. I've managed to be there for Superbowl Sunday, St. Patrick's day and a few typical weekday evenings and the services are never compromised. If you want good food (I RECOMMEND PHILLY CHEESESTEAK FRIES!!!), reasonably priced drinks and a fun, relaxing atmosphere, please DONT HESITATE to choose Knutes!

• Visited March 2012
Shippensburg, Pennsylvania
“Good but could be great with a little effort......”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

The food is generally good at Knutes. A little hit and miss but mostly good. The service is the same way. One time is spot on and the next time you are left wondering if it is self serve. Do not spend your money on the frozen drinks as they are weakly flavored and not nearly worth the price. Good burgers and finger food (make sure you order your burger well if you don't want it raw...) overall a place we go once in awhile for a burger and cold beer. When the deck is open upstairs it's nice to enjoy dining outside. With more consistently good food and service this place could move up to above average or even excellent as they do have some creative burger combos.

• Visited March 2012