“DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT STAY HERE”

Rodeway Inn Shippensburg
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Reviewed May 19, 2014

I made reservations with Expedia for this hotel due to it being close to a very dear friend of mine. I checked in walked into the room.MY what I saws BIG BLACK DIRTY Spots all over the Yellowing Rug. Filthy dirty bathroom hair on tub sink toilet the smell was awful. Then I pulled down smelly bedspread that had been washed in several moths to find dirty sheets with black foot prints. This place is AWFUL.. My husband went to front desk gave key back and told them we will not be staying. The now front desk person was a man he said he will look for another room. My husband said no way this place had bags of beer cans stacked in front of several doors and a grill sitting in the parking lot near a room. No other cars were there. I would let my pets stay in such a dirty place. I had to stay at a Best Western in Shippensburg paying $132.00 a night and this place and Expedia will not REFUND my money. Please do not stay in this place it is worst then TERRIBLE!!!!!

Room Tip: Go some place else Please
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Barbara0214

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This is an exhausted, investment-starved, one-story establishment that directly overlooks I-81's N/B exit. Room was clean; bathroom much less so. Bedding was clean but unusually worn. Beds were soft and lumpy. Mattresses should have been long consigned to retirement. The heating/AC unit worked like a champ, but could not achieve a good night's sleep. Free breakfast was as amusing as it was insulting. One's choices consisted of several forlorn slices of white bread, plastic-packaged miniature cupcakes, and "coffee." To prepare toast, a 2-bay toaster with slide for 1 bay is offered. There was no evidence of any maintenance of the breakfast (or most any other) area. Room rate cannot be beat, but don't be a sucker for a "bargain."

Room Tip: See review title.
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Stayed at a Rodeway Inn in NC It was awesome place. So when we saw Rodeway Inn from the HWY in PA and it was starting to snow we decided to get a room. Location was good easy HWY access. Thats about it. No restuarant close by. Should have checked the room out first. it was discusting toliet didnt flush right. Hotel key lock was frozen so we had to get front desk to open room for us with master key everytime we went out. I recommend driving further to get a nicer place.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!!!
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Bring your Long Johns, tissues, food, non-skid for the tub, electrical covers, etc. Upon arrival I was greeted by a friendly receptionist. The room was "freezing". Upon checking the heater (as no air was blowing) I found extremely clogged filters. The carpets were horrible and extremely stained. There was no tissues in the tissue holder (empty box). No electrical covers on any wall outlets. The table was wobbly. Toilet seat wouldn't be still (loose) and the tub was soap lined & slippery (not to mention the bent curtain rod or the missing switch knob for the overhead heat lamp). Continental breakfast consisted of bread for the toaster (and one "picked over" muffin), coffee & O/J. There's NO in-room microwave or refrigerator as advertised and the bathroom sink drain was clogged with toothpaste caps. All in all, the motel is outdated and neglected. Surely not worth the asking price.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed October 23, 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for a few hours of rest. The desk clerk was very friendly and helpful. The bed was clean and comfortable. The tub was clean. There was a comfortable table & chairs for us to eat our take-out from Taco Bell. We weren't expecting more for the price. :)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 21, 2013

A set of clean sheets was what I wa looking for. No cigarette smoke and the ambient temperaturewas such I didn't need heat or AC. I checked in when serivce was quick at ~4:30 PM. I didn't see any BBs.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank E W
Reviewed May 25, 2013

I guess a non-smoking room is defined as a room that hasn't been smoked in in the last 2 hours because my "non-smoking" room reeked of cigarettes. Upon further investigation I found that the smoke detector was disabled. The heater sounded like an airplane. The slanted bed was uncomfortable. And, to top it all off, the hair on the toilet was a nice touch. I would not stay at this rodeway inn if you paid me to. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed: May 2013