“The price was right” 3 of 5 bubbles

Rodeway Inn Shippensburg
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
“The price was right”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2013

A set of clean sheets was what I wa looking for. No cigarette smoke and the ambient temperaturewas such I didn't need heat or AC. I checked in when serivce was quick at ~4:30 PM. I didn't see any BBs.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank E W

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I guess a non-smoking room is defined as a room that hasn't been smoked in in the last 2 hours because my "non-smoking" room reeked of cigarettes. Upon further investigation I found that the smoke detector was disabled. The heater sounded like an airplane. The slanted bed was uncomfortable. And, to top it all off, the hair on the toilet was a nice touch. I would not stay at this rodeway inn if you paid me to. Avoid at all costs!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank dcwarner103
Lonaconing, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

I didn't want to complain about a $45 motel room. Service was fast and friendly. Coffee was hot and free. That alone would normally rate a 3. BUT. The room was ice cold and took all night to warm up. There was a a moldy smell when we first walked in. The tub was mushy in the middle. Thought I would fall through the floor. OH. And there was a speck of BLOOD on the wall of the shower - like someone nicked themselves while cleaning it. I bring my own pillows and a blanket for the bed and one for a cover so I won't complain about the linens.

Room Tip: Call ahead and ask them to turn the heat on at least an hour before you get there.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Sujoly
Upstate NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

We arrived around 10:30 at night and waited until someone decided to come to the window. The service was terrible and that should have been my first clue. Very unprofessional! It was below zero outside and we just wanted to get warm and sleep. The room was freezing...no heat on and it took all night to warm up. The carpet was nasty and so was the bedspread and sheets. There were stains on the pillowcase. It was awful!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Greer, South Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

We stopped at this Motel when our car blew a tire and the PA State trooper recommended getting off at the Shippensberg exit. The rooms were fine and I was actually impressed that some things like the bathtub/shower area looked new. The rest of the room did show its age but for a last minute stop the rooms were acceptable. There is a continental breakfast available which only featured white bread and plain English muffins. The orange juice machine was out of juice. Again, I wouldn't seek out this motel as a destination but in this emergency we had a relatively clean place to lay our heads. One thing I noticed was that the white face towels all looked dirty. Every one in both rooms had a dingy appearance.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Elizabeth Y
Mc Caysville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

It's not the best place to stay, but funds were tight and I needed a cheap hotel room. We had some issues to attend to in Chambersburg, one city over, and all the hotels over there were far too pricey. At first, I was a little apprehensive once I saw the location and the condition of the inn, but once inside the room, all was calmed. The room was small, but very clean and on the front side, facing the interstate. Plus, we were right next to the front desk, so that was a plus. The owner tried to work with us if we had issues and overall, it was a good stay. I will say I don't like being that close to the road, but it was worth it. I would stay here again if I was up there. By the way, this was in July of 2012.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Grove City, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2011

We were late in booking a room and this was the only place available. I reserved two rooms. One for my parents and one for my hubby and I. My parents were given a room on the back side of the hotel, which was remodeled. We were given a room that was not remodeled. It was so filthy. I wiped a clorox wipe on the bathroom counter and it was brown! There were hairs lying on the bathroom floor and on the toilet and in the tub! The floors were filthy. After reviewing our room I decided I would much rather sleep in my car than stay in this place. When approaching the front desk with our issues, I was told that the room WAS cleaned!! The floor WAS vacuumed,...and they didn't want to give me my money back!! They did MINUS a fee!! I wouldn't take my shoes off in that place let alone lie on the bed! It was by far the dirtiest hotel I ever stepped foot in! If the room were FREE I would have refused it! If I could give it negative stars I definately would!! We were going to stay in this room in 2009 not the date it shows above and it was in May.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg
Sleep Inn & Suites Chambersburg
#6 of 16 in Chambersburg

Been to Rodeway Inn Shippensburg? Share your experiences!