“Nice visit”

Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Shippensburg
Bethel Park, Pennsylvania
“Nice visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014

I spent on night in the Shippen Place while attending a conference at the university. The lobby is beautiful. The staff was great--there was a small town feel that I liked. I had a king suite--an upgrade because they were out of regular rooms. The room was comfortable but not opulent--this is not a major spa hotel. There was a soap and a bottle of shampoo--no lotion, mouthwash, that kind of thing. I say this not as a complaint but so you know to bring your own! The towels were wonderful. There were lots of nice pillows.

I had a problem connecting to the wifi from my room. I asked about it at the front desk on my way to dinner--the staff member checked the connection and then offered to help me. He gave me the choice of bringing my computer down to him or him coming to my room. By the time I got back from dinner I never did try again. It was frustrating not to get connected, but it was my choice not to pursue it.

Since I had a suite, i had two flat screen TVs. The remote didn't have a sleep feature, which would have been nice.

The coffeemaker had styrofoam cups--I would have preferred paper ones.

A nice place and a very nice experience. There is an outdoor patio. The town itself makes a nice evening walk. I prefer this kind of experience to a chain hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
rebeccaheefner, Guest Relations Manager at Shippen Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience.
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel.
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit.
Your feedback is indeed of great importance to us. We are committed to delivering the the highest level of service to our guests, your feedback will help us correct and improve our services to better achieve our primary goal.
Thank you for choosing to stay with us.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
NE PA USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

We stayed here the night before picking our son up from a seminar at Shippensburg U. The hotel is on King St, the main street through the small town. We were on the 4th floor facing the street; turned in at 10:30 on a Saturday night and slept soundly all night. The room was large and it as well as the bathroom very clean. The hotels on the outskirts of town were easily $30 more a night. There was parking in the back of the hotel and that entrance was very attractive as well; flower beds with a patio with tables for the hotel's guests or bar patrons. The room had all the amenities of an expensive chain hotel; mini-fridge, coffee maker, microwave, and hair dryer. The staff were all very friendly. There is a coffee/pastry shop in the hotel lobby; although we didn't try it as we had a brunch to go to. Nice to be able to take a stroll from the hotel and take in all the shops. Excellent diner/family restaurant down the block if you don't want to eat in the hotel restaurant. I would definitely stay here again if I had to travel to the Shippensburg area.

Room Tip: Our room was 408 and it was larger than the double I saw on the same floor right by the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank UkieFinnGirl
rebeccaheefner, Guest Relations Manager at Shippen Place Hotel, responded to this review, June 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit.
We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014

Wow, I stayed here one night and felt more rejuvenated than at a spa. First, let me say, I spent the entire day unloading my son into Shippensburg University in the 98 degree heat. It was just the two of us up 5 flights of stairs for over 2 hours. After he was settled I checked in. Immediately the front desk clerk asked if I was here helping a child into the University and I replied yes. He quickly said he was going to upgrade my room at no cost and recommended room service. I went to the room, which was fabulous, and ordered room service. I had the calamari and a steak salad that was to die for. They also brought me a small bottle of chardonnay in a decanter that was just perfect. the towels were so soft and fluffy and the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I have ever slept in. When I checked out I felt like a new woman. They were just as friendly at check out and even wished me and my son well. I left feeling very good and relieved that my son was attending school there. This place is great and I would recommend this place highly based on my stay. Thank you Shippens Place!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Jodi B
rebeccaheefner, Guest Relations Manager at Shippen Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. Thank you for sharing the details about your recent visit. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. I am very glad to hear that you felt rejuvenated during your stay at our hotel. It is our goal to provide the best lodging experience to our valued guests. Your comments will be shared with our staff, thank you.
It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!
Springfield - Delaware County, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2014 via mobile

We never miss a chance to watch the PA High School Track Championships on Memorial Day weekend, and we never miss the chance to stay at the Shippen Place Inn.. It's the epicenter of activity in town, & a great meeting spot for friends out on the patio.
We love the new Coffee bar too. Breakfast in the morning is a great way to charge us up for a fun day on campus!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
rebeccaheefner, Guest Relations Manager at Shippen Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 26, 2014
We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. It's so nice to hear that you never miss the chance to stay at Shippen Place Hotel. I am so glad you love our new Coffee bar and our breakfast. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Fairport, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 20, 2014

Just stayed here for Easter. We have relatives in Shippensburg. The hotel was great. There is a large parking lot in the back (parking is free). The hotel has a restaurant and cafe. There is also a patio in the back next to the cafe/bar. This hotel is close to Shippensburg U. if you are visiting there (about 2-3 blocks from Campus). Our room was on the main street (King St. ) side - it was not too noisy at night but we did get some noise from college students at night, and some traffic noise in the morning. The room was on the 3 rd floor and we could see campus from our window. The room was very nice, with a flat screen TV, frig and microwave. Our room had two queen beds - very comfortable/good pillows. The bathroom was basic, but modern and clean.
No complaints about staying here. There was a free breakfast that was just OK. (lots of carbs, some fruit The room also comes with a free pass to Planet Fitness if you have time. We would definitely stay here again. There is a great Diner one block away too. Our room was $75/night. Highly recommended if you are staying in Shippensburg!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
rebeccaheefner, Guest Relations Manager at Shippen Place Hotel, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience. It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. Thank you for recommending our Hotel. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service. Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Hameln, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

Good hotel downtown. The rooms are large but a little bit old-fashioned.
The location is very good: walk distance to few bars and restaurants in Shippensburg: there is not so much choice for night life.
The hotel bar offers a good deal for dinner or lunch.
The breakfast buffet could be better.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. We appreciate you giving your feedback about your experience.
It is so nice to hear such a wonderful review about our Hotel. Thank you for giving us the insight into how we can better serve our guests in the future. It was a pleasure to serve you, we hope to see you soon!
Manchester, New Hampshire, Usa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

We booked from car as we stayed there last March and it was convenient to highway. Large room, restaurant/bar on sight. Typical hotel breakfast, but it was enough to get us back on the road. Would book again.

Room Tip: Quiet Main Street so all rooms are fine
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
We are very pleased to hear that you had a pleasant experience following your most recent visit with us. Glad to hear that you had a great breakfast. We will look forward to serve you again. Please advise us of your trip and we will be more than happy to ensure you receive the highest level of service.
Thank you for your business, we look forward to your next stay.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Shippensburg
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Shippensburg
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Chambersburg
Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
Candlewood Suites Chambersburg
#7 of 16 in Chambersburg

Been to Shippen Place Hotel? Share your experiences!